Author Topic: Rafa Benítez: "After three years of unfulfilled promises, I did not trust them"  (Read 934015 times)

Offline ExiledGeordie

• General Member
Re: Rafael Benítez
« Reply #12450 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 10:55:04 am »

My plan is to move back to Newcastle later this year, I would love it if he stayed with more control so he could get on with things. It would be a clinching reason for me to move back.

That mean you going to change your username?

I guess I might have to, haha I was in London for a long while, now in Carlisle. Next move likely back to the Toon

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #12451 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 12:02:04 pm »
Newcastle United are lining up Lyon manager Bruno Genesio as a replacement for current boss Rafael Benitez if the Spaniard can't agree an extension to his contract at St James' Park, which is set to expire at the end of the season, according to L'Equipe.

Why the f*** would he leave Lyon for Ashley's NUFC?

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #12452 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:11:14 pm »
Another Rafa masterplan. if it wasn't for Dean and a bit of awful defending it would have been 3p.

Offline Rebellious

• General Member
« Reply #12453 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:24:13 pm »
I wonder what he said to Mike Dean at full time ? I lip read Mike Dean saying "what for".

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #12454 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:37:07 pm »
I wonder what he said to Mike Dean at full time ? I lip read Mike Dean saying "what for".

Debes probar el plomo.

Online Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #12455 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:42:01 pm »
The reporter asked Rafa what aspects of Dean he was annoyed at and he just said "almost everything". :lol:

"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #12456 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 08:02:12 pm »
The reporter asked Rafa what aspects of Dean he was annoyed at and he just said "almost everything". :lol:

Just seen it, he is absolutely seething. Can’t say I blame him

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #12457 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 08:09:42 pm »
Last season P 31 W 9 D 8 L 14 GF 31 GA 40 -9 35
This season P 31 W 9 D 8 L 14 GF 31 GA 40 -9 35
Freaky

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #12458 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 08:33:42 pm »
That’s mental that.

Offline Disco

« Reply #12459 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 10:33:00 pm »
Joint 7th worst defence in the league now.

In the words of gun toting patriot Dean “Rafa Out!”

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #12460 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 10:49:41 pm »
He’s staying and we’ll sign a £25m plus player this summer.
?s=21

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #12461 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 11:38:25 pm »
Last season P 31 W 9 D 8 L 14 GF 31 GA 40 -9 35
This season P 31 W 9 D 8 L 14 GF 31 GA 40 -9 35
Freaky

We beat Leicester 1-2 away in our next match as well though I still wouldn't expect us to beat Arseanl away from home.

Offline healthyaddiction

• General Member
  • Jenova's Witness
« Reply #12462 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 07:42:54 am »

Joint 7th best you mean right?

Offline jackyboy

• General Member
« Reply #12463 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 09:25:05 am »
He will be given all of the money from the sale of Joselu to buy a top player
I went out with a girl once and she asked me to kiss her where it was wet and smelly...........So I took her to Middlesbrough

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #12464 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 10:19:02 am »

Need to see this, he's absolutely right though. Dean was a f***ing disgrace, and I get the sense he does it by choice, such as "I want Bournemouth to win, so how can I go about making it happen"  :lol:
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #12465 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 10:22:40 am »
First question the BBC asked him was something like "that was a great goal for the equaliser wasn't it?" and Rafa managed to turn the question into stating what a terrible job Dean did

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #12466 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 10:38:43 am »
Regardless of whether he's making the correct decisions or not, it's clear Dean's reputation has now put him in an untenable position.

Fans of all clubs must look and see Dean's refereeing before the match and shudder, which begs the question, does it affect the players? Do defenders start tackling less because they are worried he will send them off. Do players start diving more?

It's time he was kicked into the championship.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline George Bailey

• General Member
« Reply #12467 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 10:39:54 am »
Time he was retired: he's f***ing garbage.
'Us' = Stenhousemuir for the forseeable.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #12468 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 10:45:48 am »
It's better when you barely know the refs name. Or the days when there were respectable refs around like Ellis, Gallagher, Dallas or Collina.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #12469 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 12:14:56 pm »

Actually I think the defence has been poor the last 3 games in general, hopefully just a blip

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12470 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 12:47:50 pm »

Actually I think the defence has been poor the last 3 games in general, hopefully just a blip

Is that a natural consequence of being slightly more attacking since Almirom joined?
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Online Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #12471 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 12:56:07 pm »
Never thought I'd say it but he's actually worse than Rob Styles circa 2006-2009 who robbed us of about 10 points the first time we got relegated.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #12472 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 12:57:37 pm »

Is that a natural consequence of being slightly more attacking since Almirom joined?

If you look at the goals I would say no just think it's poor defending to be honest

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12473 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 01:44:08 pm »

If you look at the goals I would say no just think it's poor defending to be honest

No doubt, and I agree. However, I think because we are more attacking now or have been more offensive lately, our general defending and some of our defenders will be exposed more which can lead to more mistakes and more chances created by the opposition. It’s natural and defensively we’ve always looked stronger because of the shape, system, tactics and coaching by Rafa more than because of any real defensive strengths in our defenders. This is where the lack of real quality will show which we’ve always compensated for with greater organisation, shape, tactics and downght blood sweat and tears.

Me, I much prefer being more attacking even if it means being exposed more defensively, mind only because I know we won’t ship in tonnes of goals under Rafa. It’s about finding the right balance and that becomes much easier and more consistently if you have more higher quality players in all areas in the team.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had