Author Topic: José Luis Sanmartín Mato - off to Alavés?  (Read 104273 times)

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
Re: José Luis Sanmartín Mato - off to Alavés?
« Reply #2050 on: Today at 11:22:43 am »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfer-news-live-16440740

Report - Joselu nears move
According to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, Joselu is close to completing his move to Alaves with only ‘legal issues’ holding the deal up.

It was understood that Benitez was ready to sell the striker back in January to a Chinese club for close to £10 million but was not convinced he would get a replacement.

This deal to Alaves is thought to be worth around £1.5 million.

I think if NUFC were offered nearly £10m for Joselu last January he would have been sold. I doubt Rafa would have blocked the transfer even if a replacement wasn't guaranteed. That would have been a near £5m profit.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #2051 on: Today at 11:39:08 am »
They think it's Alaves.

It is now

Online NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #2052 on: Today at 01:34:08 pm »
They think it's Alaves.

It is now
:dog:

Offline thenige

• General Member
« Reply #2053 on: Today at 02:24:38 pm »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfer-news-live-16440740

According to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, Joselu is close to completing his move to Alaves with only ‘legal issues’ holding the deal up.

It was understood that Benitez was ready to sell the striker back in January to a Chinese club for close to £10 million but was not convinced he would get a replacement.

I think if NUFC were offered nearly £10m for Joselu last January he would have been sold. I doubt Rafa would have blocked the transfer even if a replacement wasn't guaranteed. That would have been a near £5m profit.

Frankly don't believe it would have been £10m. For every foreign player signed into China now, the club has to match the amount paid to the Chinese FA in order to help develop more Chinese players - so if they'd paid £10m their actual cost would have been £20m.

£20m for Joselu.  :idiot2:

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #2054 on: Today at 02:37:44 pm »
Replacement? You can get lampposts on any street man.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #2055 on: Today at 02:50:38 pm »

Frankly don't believe it would have been £10m. For every foreign player signed into China now, the club has to match the amount paid to the Chinese FA in order to help develop more Chinese players - so if they'd paid £10m their actual cost would have been £20m.

£20m for Joselu.  :idiot2:

Scunny turned down £4m for a Dutch striker none of you will have heard of from a Chinese team. Of course £10m is realistic.