Author Topic: DeAndre Yedlin  (Read 96674 times)

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
Re: DeAndre Yedlin
« Reply #1400 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 10:25:09 pm »
Useless eh? He created two fantastic chances for Rondon going forward. He seems good enough at a decent delivery or two a game. He made a mistake that most people do in this league with Zaha. It was a poor decision to do that and he lost us the match. He’s not as terrible as people make out, but do agree we need a better player there to progress as a club. But useless. Give over.
« Last Edit: Saturday 6 April 2019, 10:36:58 pm by Kanji »
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #1401 on: Sunday 7 April 2019, 08:30:15 am »
If Rafa stays (LOL) and wants to persist with playing wing backs. Then these are the positions that need addressing the most. Even if he reverts to a back 4. We still don’t have good enough options there.  We need to spend big (DOUBLE LOL) on at least one decent full back.

Always liked Yedlin. But the same as Ritchie, he puts in a lot of effort and has the odd good game or moment. But neither are good enough.

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #1402 on: Sunday 7 April 2019, 12:00:10 pm »
Absolutely brainless challenge, there was no danger whatsoever.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #1403 on: Monday 8 April 2019, 01:23:15 pm »
He’s had a descent season and had a good game IMO constantly getting forward, just undone by that one moment of stupidity that cost us. He’s the least of our problems, it’s the entire midfield that needs looked at first.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #1404 on: Monday 8 April 2019, 02:29:18 pm »
I would say both. Yedlin is a good runner and gets up and down the pitch, but he struggles to contribute consistently to attacks. Which is really required in our system.

That said, Man City had to spend £150 million on fullbacks, so we may not be able to upgrade with any certainty.

Offline thenige

• General Member
« Reply #1405 on: Tuesday 9 April 2019, 10:08:40 pm »
Whilst WhoScored isn't exactly gospel (Clark ranked our second best player this season) it's quite telling that Yedlin is our lowest ranked outfield player to have started over a dozen games - https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/23/Show/England-Newcastle-United

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1406 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 07:29:04 pm »
Didn't realize he was injured, just put on his Instagram that he just got out of surgery.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #1407 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 07:32:01 pm »
Whilst WhoScored isn't exactly gospel (Clark ranked our second best player this season) it's quite telling that Yedlin is our lowest ranked outfield player to have started over a dozen games - https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/23/Show/England-Newcastle-United
Clark's actually been pretty good when he's played this season, we just have good centre halves
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1408 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 11:07:46 pm »
Didn't realize he was injured, just put on his Instagram that he just got out of surgery.
We'd been told he was injured but I'm not sure what the injury was. He's had surgery but we don't know what for. Will he be fit in time for the start of next season?
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Online Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #1409 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 11:25:36 pm »
We'd been told he was injured but I'm not sure what the injury was. He's had surgery but we don't know what for. Will he be fit in time for the start of next season?

Groin injury :thup:

Suprised people were giving him the lad so much grief you only had to watch how he has been running to see he was carrying something.

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #1410 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 04:11:44 pm »
Injury's going to keep him out of the Gold Cup, fwiw

Offline jackyboy

• General Member
« Reply #1411 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 05:48:28 pm »
5th fastest player in the PL
I went out with a girl once and she asked me to kiss her where it was wet and smelly...........So I took her to Middlesbrough

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #1412 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 06:36:25 pm »
Behind Paul Dummett and who else?

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1413 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 06:42:57 pm »

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1414 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 06:43:16 pm »
Injury's going to keep him out of the Gold Cup, fwiw

Probably for the best for both parties.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1415 on: Saturday 8 June 2019, 08:31:25 am »

Posted a photo of him getting a tattoo. Fans commented saying he's a rubbish right back and he's replied them.  Some people are odd

Offline SSFC

• General Member
« Reply #1416 on: Wednesday 18 September 2019, 04:39:50 pm »
Interesting, I surmised that his injury happened around January but seems he was playing for 18 months with the sports hernia as it got worse. So not surprising the dip in form the last few months before the surgery.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/deandre-yedlin-newcastle-united-krafth-16933470