Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 30457 times)

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #750 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 12:26:43 pm »
Tesla will become a footnote. Tesla don't have a bottomless pit of money like e.g. the VW group. VW and the like can pour billions into R&D and technology whilst still making a profit.

The Jaguar I-PACE has arrived and compares very favorably with the Tesla equivalent (according to the various reviews). It's the first of many electric vehicles from the major manufacturers aimed at Tesla's market.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #751 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 01:14:25 pm »
Can't believe its 2019 and we still use rockets to get to space, Richplanet seems to think its bullshit

https://www.richplanet.net/richp_genre.php?ref=254&part=1&gen=5
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #752 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 01:16:27 pm »
The same jaguar that are losing stupid amounts of money.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #753 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 01:23:23 pm »
Where are these car companies planning to get their batteries?  Which company owns the biggest battery factory in the world?
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #754 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 01:24:32 pm »
Also, don't see any other major manufacturer planning to build electric cars in China itself which is already the biggest market in the world for electric cars.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #755 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 01:32:33 pm »
That's even without mentioning the utility scale grid projects Tesla does.  Can't really see BMW installing a power plant backup :lol:

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #756 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 01:50:05 pm »
You back Tesla, I'll back the VW group. We'll see who's correct.

We're talking cars here not batteries. Tesla will do better with the battery side of the business than the car business.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #757 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 02:13:03 pm »
You back Tesla, I'll back the VW group. We'll see who's correct.

We're talking cars here not batteries. Tesla will do better with the battery side of the business than the car business.

Ok, fine, but where are they going to get their batteries?  Global production is at 198 GWh and Tesla is 105GWh of that.

No batteries, no car....

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #758 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 03:20:42 pm »
So the batteries Jaguar, Mercedes, etc are using now are from Tesla are they?

Like I said, I think Tesla's car business isn't going to beat the established car manufacturers over the medium to long term.

Tesla are more likely to succeed with batteries than cars.

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #759 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 07:34:39 pm »
Needs to just concentrate on Neuralink and space exploration now, tbh.
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #760 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 09:20:43 pm »
Also, don't see any other major manufacturer planning to build electric cars in China itself which is already the biggest market in the world for electric cars.
Utter horse s***.

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/11/23/6-10-big-electric-car-companies-china/

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #761 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 12:36:30 am »
Daily Mail reporting that those thai kids were sedated and handcuffed in order to be rescued. What kind of diver carries around handcuffs and chloroform, asks Elon.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #762 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 12:55:36 am »
:lol:

I'd heard they had to be sedated, didn't realise that was breaking news.  Handcuffed seems a bit extreme. :lol:

Imagine it went wrong and you were handcuffed as you drowned. :anguish:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #763 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 01:17:33 am »
Panic would have been the worst thing that could have happened during the rescue (pedo divers notwithstanding).  Kid panics and starts thrashing around or kicking out and they'd be killing both themselves and the rescue divers.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #764 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 01:33:34 am »
So the batteries Jaguar, Mercedes, etc are using now are from Tesla are they?

Like I said, I think Tesla's car business isn't going to beat the established car manufacturers over the medium to long term.

Tesla are more likely to succeed with batteries than cars.
:thup: This has been the industry view for a while too, e.g. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenrwald/2017/04/15/tesla-is-a-battery-business-not-a-car-business/#4b270cd86ba9

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #765 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 01:42:48 am »
Panic would have been the worst thing that could have happened during the rescue (pedo divers notwithstanding).  Kid panics and starts thrashing around or kicking out and they'd be killing both themselves and the rescue divers.

Aye, I mean I get it, but just would have thought sedation might be enough for pretty hungry, tired kids. :lol:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #766 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 01:59:27 am »
Their masks didn't fit properly, and they could have easily been pulled off.  Handcuffs (cable ties actually) were to stop them from being able to do it.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #767 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 02:18:35 am »
Makes more sense why he was fewmin now. He could’ve made his Dad proud hog tying some non-whites like the good old days.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #768 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 02:33:24 am »
Tesla will be around for a long time yet and I’d wager will outlive some of the more traditional car makers. They will be future market leaders in the automative industry ahead of even some of the bigger traditional names that dominate the industry today.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #769 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 03:34:04 am »
Yeah, I totally get why. You don't want a panicky kid thrashing about (reminds me of an Oor Wullie story, when he claimed he got a black eye rescuing a guy from drowning, when he was embarrassed to admit he'd been  hit with a baby's rattle. Toxic masculinity never did him any harm).

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #770 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 02:16:13 pm »
Tesla will be around for a long time yet and I’d wager will outlive some of the more traditional car makers. They will be future market leaders in the automative industry ahead of even some of the bigger traditional names that dominate the industry today.

Is your opinion based on any facts or just a hunch? It's a bit vague to say "some of the more traditional car makers". The big players (Toyota, VW Group, Honda, etc) are always likely to be around. Smaller manufacturers get swallowed up by other manufacturers or simply go out of business. It's no yard stick to say Tesla may outlast a non giant manufacturer.

Read the article 'thomas' posted: -
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenrwald/2017/04/15/tesla-is-a-battery-business-not-a-car-business/#4b270cd86ba9

Speaking of batteries, Panasonic (who have just announced a joint venture with Toyota to produce batteries for electric vehicles) make batteries for Tesla.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/toyota-panasonic-to-set-up-ev-battery-jv-in-2020-source/ar-BBSuh3I?ocid=spartandhp

Offline thomas

• General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #771 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 07:33:49 pm »
wait a damn minute why's my name in inverted commas :lol: :lol:

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #772 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 09:37:54 pm »
wait a damn minute why's my name in inverted commas :lol: :lol:
If thomas is your real name you should respect yourself more and start it with a capital T.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #773 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 09:40:46 pm »
:lol:  Get him told.

Offline thomas

• General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #774 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 10:17:26 pm »
"self respect"  :spit: