Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread  (Read 739761 times)

Offline neesy111

• General Member
Re: Still not worthy of a thread
« Reply #13875 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:49:03 am »
He choose to sign for Real Madrid and choose to sign a new contract, if he's not happy why doesn't he retire on his 80m fortune and live the life he wants.

Comparing football to different sports is absolutely terrible way, team sports are always different to individual sports.

They really hate him in Spain, justifiably so as well.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #13876 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 01:27:51 pm »
"Another rule which has been introduced for next season sees some major alterations to substitutions.

Now players will have to leave the pitch at the nearest point rather than walk slowly across the field late in games and waste time."

Love this. Pet peeve of mine is when a player knows he's coming off so just happens to switch to the far side of the pitch so he can slowly walk over.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #13877 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 01:39:10 pm »
Problem with leaving at the nearest point would mean if a player from the opposite side to the dugout is substituted they'll have to walk round half the pitch perimeter. A bit distracting to players of both teams. There's a reason substitutes warm up with a bib or different coloured top on.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #13878 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 10:27:22 pm »
/video/1

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #13879 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 10:44:16 pm »
Gotta love Mick

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #13880 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:09:43 am »
/video/1

:lol: love him

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #13881 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 08:47:45 am »
:lol:

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #13883 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 08:21:15 pm »
Boring Milner but I've just discovered Alessandro Diamanti's Instagram and I'm a big fan of how smug he looks in this video

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #13884 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 09:31:09 pm »
Not sure if smug is the right description (even more boring Milner).

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #13885 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 09:34:25 pm »
No idea who he is. Does he sell specialty coffee.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #13886 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 10:42:14 pm »
https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/a-statement-from-the-chairman/

:lol: Reads like he's written it at midnight after getting in from the pub.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #13888 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 04:42:55 am »

That’s actually a nice statement -

Not usual you get that level of honesty in the game
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #13889 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 05:45:23 am »

That’s actually a nice statement -

Not usual you get that level of honesty in the game

Argh! The lack of grammar makes that hard to read.

Offline Disco

« Reply #13890 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 11:55:16 am »

Good news.

Offline County Durham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #13891 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 12:13:52 pm »

Good news.

How it should be. Now to get the champions league back on itv

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #13892 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 06:48:22 pm »
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino's apparent joke about where his team would stay in Madrid for the Champions League final appears to have backfired - and prompted Real Madrid to release an official statement.

The Argentine, who has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu in the past, was discussing Spurs' plans for the final against Liverpool at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on 1 June.

"Ahead of the final, we will train at Valdebebas [Real's training complex] and sleep in a nearby hotel," he told El Partidazo de Cope.

"I asked Florentino [Perez, Real's president] to let us sleep in the sports centre, but he told me that I can only sleep there when I become the coach of Real Madrid."

Cue a "Comunicado Oficial" from the 13-time European champions, who re-appointed manager Zinedine Zidane in March.

Real said they were "surprised by the demonstrations" made by Pochettino about a "supposed request" to stay at their training ground.

"Real Madrid wants to make it clear that it is outright false that this request was produced," they said.

They said they had "always shown its absolute availability" to meet the requests of Uefa, Spurs and Liverpool and requests were only for "the use of the training camps of the Ciudad Real Madrid and its changing rooms".

Tottenham will be training at Real on 30 and 31 May and Liverpool will use the facilities on the morning of 1 June.

"At no time has our club been requested that these teams could be accommodated in the facilities of Ciudad Real Madrid," they added.

:lol:

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #13893 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 02:23:19 am »

:'( :'( :'(
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #13894 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 07:18:03 am »

:'( :'( :'(

There are some beautiful goals in there, KaKa.

Music is mint too.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #13895 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 08:57:53 am »
:thup:

Stumbled on that yesterday ... was heart breaking man. Miss that era so much.

Like you said some outrageous football and goals that I didn't even appreciate were so good when I was younger.

Such good times.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #13896 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 09:17:04 am »
Invalid Tweet ID?s=21
?s=21

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #13897 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 09:46:17 am »

Like you said some outrageous football and goals that I didn't even appreciate were so good when I was younger.

Such good times.

The dog urinating goal celebration at the end is one of my all time favourites too.

Who was the guy celebrating in the back of the net? Rashidi Yekini?

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #13898 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 09:58:06 am »

Such good times.

The dog urinating goal celebration at the end is one of my all time favourites too.

Yeah, that was Rashidi Yekini celebrating in the net. Such an iconic celebration. Guy was so happy. Miss that passion from Nigeria man.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #13899 on: Saturday 25 May 2019, 10:01:23 am »

Such good times.

Yeah, that was Rashidi Yekini celebrating in the net. Such an iconic celebration. Guy was so happy. Miss that passion from Nigeria man.

Just had to google him. Man, I didn’t know he’d died years ago!

Not sure how ‘Premium’ the Premium Times of Nigeria is but this is a sad read about him

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/4971-untold_story_of_rashidi_yekini_s_last_days.html