Author Topic: Christian Atsu  (Read 103156 times)

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
Re: Christian Atsu
« Reply #1400 on: Saturday 6 October 2018, 10:01:23 pm »
As I've said all along he's stealing a living as a Premier League footballer.

He cost £5M, is anybody really surprised he can't cut it at this level?

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1401 on: Saturday 6 October 2018, 10:53:16 pm »
part of the reason we lost today.
the number of counter attacks he f***ed up.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #1402 on: Saturday 6 October 2018, 11:12:01 pm »
Being poor does not equal not trying.
Footballers try their best 99.99999% of the time. Don't understand how people accept so quickly that somebody who had to work so hard to become so good at what they do aren't trying in a game. They can be unfit or mentally not in the right place but when they are on the pitch the vast, vast majority of players go into every single competitive game of their career trying to do their best
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #1403 on: Saturday 6 October 2018, 11:29:31 pm »

Exactly - he was brought in to do do one job, and that was provide pace on the counter in the Championship. No wonder he s***s his pants coming on at Old Trafford. As Dave said, he's been completely poo since signing permanently.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1404 on: Saturday 6 October 2018, 11:36:49 pm »
Football is a mental game as much as anything at this level, I think him and Murphy are both intimidated a bit by the big time.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #1405 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 07:52:10 am »

He cost £6.75m which makes him more expensive than the likes of Dubravka and Lascelles for example.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #1406 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 07:57:36 am »

He cost £6.75m which makes him more expensive than the likes of Dubravka and Lascelles for example.

Calm down Mike.  Just because we got a good deal with 1/2 players doesn't excuse the rest fact that 6.75m buys you f*** all.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #1407 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 08:01:21 am »

Calm down Mike.  Just because we got a good deal with 1/2 players doesn't excuse the rest fact that 6.75m buys you f*** all.

Don't be such a w***** eh? I've said all along he's no good but you can't just say he's no good because he only cost x amount when we have some very good players that cost less than him.

If you can't understand that you're thicker than  I first gave you credit for.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #1408 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 08:09:11 am »
You're the biggest w***** on the forum so f*** off.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #1409 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 08:19:35 am »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All I'm saying is that you can't automatically just say he's going to be s**** when the likes of Dubravka, Lascelles, Yedlin and Fernandez cost less than him and are all good or reasonable standard PL players.

Obviously you don't have the intelligence to grasp that, and that's fair enough. Enjoy your day.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1410 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 08:38:12 am »

All I'm saying is that you can't automatically just say he's going to be s**** when the likes of Dubravka, Lascelles, Yedlin and Fernandez cost less than him and are all good or reasonable standard PL players.

Obviously you don't have the intelligence to grasp that, and that's fair enough. Enjoy your day.

your point is pretty s*** though, because players like dubs & lascelles are the absolute exception at this level so they're the anomaly, not atsu
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #1411 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 08:41:43 am »

Fair point, but given what players go for nowadays, you're doing very well to get a PL standard player for that sort of outlay. It's Championship money.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1412 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 08:42:41 am »

Fair point, but given what players go for nowadays, you're doing very well to get a PL standard player for that sort of outlay. It's Championship money.

it's barely even that these days :lol:

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #1413 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 08:43:21 am »

your point is pretty s*** though, because players like dubs & lascelles are the absolute exception at this level so they're the anomaly, not atsu

I've just named 4 players who cost less than him in our starting XI who can hold their own in this league. Yes the more you spend the better quality you can bring in but you can't just say, well he was always going to be hopeless because he only cost X amount. It's not that simplistic.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #1414 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 08:55:40 am »

Agree and if you're shopping at that end of the market more often than not they won't be good enough for this level but I think it's giving the player a get out clause for being hopeless, not to mention his lack of any sort of application when he plays, when some of his team mates cost less than him and are doing reasonably well.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1415 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 09:29:04 am »

I've just named 4 players who cost less than him in our starting XI who can hold their own in this league. Yes the more you spend the better quality you can bring in but you can't just say, well he was always going to be hopeless because he only cost X amount. It's not that simplistic.

i'm absolutely baffled at the point you're trying to make tbh

signings of this value will be gambles, some will work some won't...atsu was decent in the champo and we signed him gambling he'd hold his own in the prem and he can't except in the odd flash here and there

we paid champo money and got a champo player, that's the start and end of it

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #1416 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 09:44:45 am »

signings of this value will be gambles, some will work some won't...atsu was decent in the champo and we signed him gambling he'd hold his own in the prem and he can't except in the odd flash here and there

The point is pretty straightforward. Just because you pay £6.75m for a player doesn't excuse the fact that he's totally useless, doesn't seem to apply himself in games, runs down blind alleys and just passes the ball anywhere, whether there's a team mate in the general direction or not.

Saying well what did you expect for what we paid for him doesn't really wash when over half our side (who put in a very decent performance for an hour yesterday) cost less than him.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1417 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 09:48:58 am »

The point is pretty straightforward. Just because you pay £6.75m for a player doesn't excuse the fact that he's totally useless, doesn't seem to apply himself in games, runs down blind alleys and just passes the ball anywhere, whether there's a team mate in the general direction or not.

Saying well what did you expect for what we paid for him doesn't really wash when over half our side (who put in a very decent performance for an hour yesterday) cost less than him.

yeah gambles, we all get it

Sleep now in the fire

Offline tinoasprilla

• General Member
« Reply #1418 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 10:03:29 am »
When he broke in the second half and failed to pass it seven yards to Shelvey. You could see exactly what was going to happen before it did.  Tragically bad. I can't believe Aaron's or Roberts didn't deserve a chance ahead of this guy

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #1419 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 10:46:10 am »

:lol: :lol: :thup:
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1420 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:09:50 am »
When he broke in the second half and failed to pass it seven yards to Shelvey. You could see exactly what was going to happen before it did.  Tragically bad. I can't believe Aaron's or Roberts didn't deserve a chance ahead of this guy

It looked terrible but, and I've only seen it once, it looked to me as if Shelvey changes his run just as Atsu played the ball. It looked to me like Shelvey was charging into the space in front (where Atsu played it) but then switched.

Offline sugoinufc

• General Member
« Reply #1421 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:31:58 am »
His performance yesterday was a disgrace!

At least he should be able to fight...he is just jogging around making a foul of himself.

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #1422 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:46:30 am »
He is by far and a way Newcastle's worst player in the first team squad.

Offline dabe

• General Member
« Reply #1423 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:51:40 am »
He is by far and a way Newcastle's worst player in the first team squad.

Manquillo.

Offline Heron

• General Member
« Reply #1424 on: Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:55:20 am »
At least Manquillo has some sort of brain.