Author Topic: Wor Flags  (Read 177260 times)

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
Re: Wor Flags
« Reply #2725 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 04:27:53 pm »
The posting style seems a bit off.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #2726 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 04:32:37 pm »
Putting all the dirty laundry out on twitter immediately was not a good Comms policy by leazes flags.

Offline SuperFlat

• General Member
« Reply #2727 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 04:46:34 pm »
I don't think they a communications policy, mind.

Offline Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • General Member
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #2728 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 04:56:13 pm »
That guy should get a good nights sleep. Can understand why they've cancelled the interview of someone in a complete meltdown stage.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #2729 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 04:59:18 pm »
May as well have done Anti Ashley ones
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline mickthemagpie

• General Member
« Reply #2730 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 05:29:54 pm »
I don't think they a communications policy, mind.

Shame they didn't have you to advise them!

Online geordie_b

• General Member
« Reply #2731 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 06:44:56 pm »

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #2732 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 06:46:27 pm »
Can we have a huge flag with:

"Mike - where's the £200m you stole from us this season?"

Written on it.  That would be nice.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #2733 on: Saturday 19 January 2019, 09:17:39 pm »

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #2734 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 05:41:18 pm »
One big flag and loads of stickers with "Wheres the money gone Mike" in Sports Direct colours, we could even have a competition to see who can stick their stickers in the most original or far away places
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
« Reply #2735 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 09:33:56 am »
They are wanting to do a surfer flag the full size of the Gallowgate, anyone who donates will get their name on it.

https://www.gofundme.com/66nta14

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #2736 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 09:52:48 am »
Have to give them respect for the Almiron thing, very very good.

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #2737 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 10:48:56 am »
Donated

Offline wor jackie

• General Member
« Reply #2738 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:09:05 pm »
Hiya lads and lasses, just to give you all an update.
We decided to get a new surfer a while back as WAU is getting a bit bashed and needs a bit of TLC so we set up a gofundme 5 months ago but due to the general air of gloom it sort of took a back seat.
Since Almiron's arrival there seems to be a bit of a buzz around again and after the reaction to his display we thought we'd test the water and push it again thinking there might be a little bit of interest.
Bloody hell its gone nuts !
We're only pushing it on FB and Twitter so far but we've raised nearly 4 grand in 2 days !!
The WAU was £3,300 but we thought bugger it we'll go bigger. After lots of discussion we ended up deciding to fill the whole  Gallowgate, this we believe will be a UK record size for a flag.
It will weigh 35 stone and cost the thick end of 15 grand !!
The basic theme will be to celebrate Tyneside/ Northumberland and a little bit of Co Durham. It's not quite finalised but will be our proud heritage, landmarks etc.
Obviously NUFC features quite a bit !
We have a plan in place to form the letters of a phrase/name we're putting on from the names of every person who donates. Donaters can also leave the names of folk they'd like to be next to in the comments, family members etc.
So basically could all you fine folk click on the link above and donate whatever you can.
Myself and Heron have always noticed that when we mention stuff in this place there's always a mini surge in donations so thank you all for your continued support. We realise not everyone loves this stuff but I believe the vast majority do.

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #2739 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:22:20 pm »
Done, good luck lads. The pride of SJP 👍

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
« Reply #2740 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:23:22 pm »
We decided to get a new surfer a while back as WAU is getting a bit bashed and needs a bit of TLC so we set up a gofundme 5 months ago but due to the general air of gloom it sort of took a back seat.
Since Almiron's arrival there seems to be a bit of a buzz around again and after the reaction to his display we thought we'd test the water and push it again thinking there might be a little bit of interest.
We're only pushing it on FB and Twitter so far but we've raised nearly 4 grand in 2 days !!
The WAU was £3,300 but we thought bugger it we'll go bigger. After lots of discussion we ended up deciding to fill the whole  Gallowgate, this we believe will be a UK record size for a flag.
The basic theme will be to celebrate Tyneside/ Northumberland and a little bit of Co Durham. It's not quite finalised but will be our proud heritage, landmarks etc.
We have a plan in place to form the letters of a phrase/name we're putting on from the names of every person who donates. Donaters can also leave the names of folk they'd like to be next to in the comments, family members etc.
So basically could all you fine folk click on the link above and donate whatever you can.
Myself and Heron have always noticed that when we mention stuff in this place there's always a mini surge in donations so thank you all for your continued support. We realise not everyone loves this stuff but I believe the vast majority do.
An excellent idea for the full stand surfer, and I have donated.
My personal opinion is that it should just be focused on Newcastle United/Newcastle instead of a mix and I think it could easily become too much, however that’s just my opinion and I look forward to the final product.

An idea for going forward, it’s not neccasaitly flags but could we organise people bringing back scarves? I loved it when the whole stadium would swirl a scarf altogether.

Offline wor jackie

• General Member
« Reply #2741 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:35:07 pm »
Funny you should say that, we're going to try to encourage that for firstly Everton but also for every match so it just becomes the norm.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
« Reply #2742 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:42:00 pm »
Funny you should say that, we're going to try to encourage that for firstly Everton but also for every match so it just becomes the norm.
Get in!

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #2743 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:42:58 pm »
Donated earlier but forgot to leave the name comment, will happily donate again. Where do you put it though? Probably being stupid but you put it in the comment box on the donation page right? That doesnt show up on the main fundraiser page?

Offline wor jackie

• General Member
« Reply #2744 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 06:06:58 pm »
Apparently there's a comments bit on the main gofundme page ?
Sorry I'm useless at modern technology !

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
« Reply #2745 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 06:11:58 pm »
Donated earlier but forgot to leave the name comment, will happily donate again. Where do you put it though? Probably being stupid but you put it in the comment box on the donation page right? That doesnt show up on the main fundraiser page?
Unless you tick the box then your name shows up. Your name will always show up for the person who set up the go fund me page in anyway.

Offline Feinraf

« Reply #2746 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 06:16:46 pm »
As long as you didn't select anonymous your name will show up. Otherwise you can leave a comment on the gofundme page or send us an email through the website. Worflags.org.uk
~Chris

Wor Flags / Wor Hyem 1892 / Gallowgate Block V

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #2747 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 06:25:02 pm »
An excellent idea for the full stand surfer, and I have donated.
My personal opinion is that it should just be focused on Newcastle United/Newcastle instead of a mix and I think it could easily become too much, however that’s just my opinion and I look forward to the final product.

An idea for going forward, it’s not neccasaitly flags but could we organise people bringing back scarves? I loved it when the whole stadium would swirl a scarf altogether.

Yeah I agree - Durham is basically Sunderland territory not Newcastle. I know we have a fair amount of support in the are but no I cerainly wouldn't have Durham as part of the flag. If the mackems ever did a flag with anything Newcastle included we would be laughing our cocks off and embarrased for them.

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #2748 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 06:52:56 pm »
Durham isn't basically Sunderland territory like.

Offline wor jackie

• General Member
« Reply #2749 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 07:12:59 pm »
Nothing's finalised yet but to be fair there's loads of mags in Co Durham. I can't speak for the whole group but for me personally I don't really care what them lot down the road think.