Author Topic: Jamaal Lascelles  (Read 245802 times)

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: Jamaal Lascelles
« Reply #4100 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 01:29:43 pm »
We've been s**** at defending set pieces all season
I know pretty much nowt about it but don't most teams mark zonally these days?

They used to, when Lascelles was scoring from corners. Everybody was lambasted for it though, so I don`t know.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #4101 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 01:29:47 pm »

Needs to improve next season, we have 3 tall defenders and the amount of times they have been beaten to a set piece is poor. All have been guilty of it also. You're always going to concede some, but with the size of our defenders we should be not conceding so many headers.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4102 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 01:35:01 pm »

Needs to improve next season, we have 3 tall defenders and the amount of times they have been beaten to a set piece is poor. All have been guilty of it also. Your always going to concede some, but with the size of our defenders we should be not conceding so many headers.

Mentioned it in the Rafa thread last night but I’m sure set-pieces are Antia’s department. We’ve not looked convincing for a while.
?s=21

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #4103 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 01:36:30 pm »
One bad game when potentially not fully fit and people want to sell :lol:
He's been in great form the second half of the season too.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #4104 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 01:36:54 pm »

Needs to improve next season, we have 3 tall defenders and the amount of times they have been beaten to a set piece is poor. All have been guilty of it also. Your always going to concede some, but with the size of our defenders we should be not conceding so many headers.

Mentioned it in the Rafa thread last night but I’m sure set-pieces are Antia’s department. We’ve not looked convincing for a while.

Not sure, but I'm sure Rafa will have it down as a priority if he stays.

Online Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #4105 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 01:46:05 pm »
He rightfully deserves to be criticized if he’s sole purpose is to clean up and be the aerial presence. He’s failed to track his man on the corner, was in no mans land I think on the second goal and was beaten near post by Origi. I love the bloke but he needs to improve these areas if he wants to ever in contention for England or if he wants to hold his place in team. Rafa is ruthless.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Online Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #4106 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 02:13:37 pm »
He's been in great form the second half of the season too.

:thup:
Ran rings around Richard Keys🙉 and gave him a football lesson on Twitter on 21-05-2019✅

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4107 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 02:51:10 pm »
He rightfully deserves to be criticized if he’s sole purpose is to clean up and be the aerial presence. He’s failed to track his man on the corner, was in no mans land I think on the second goal and was beaten near post by Origi. I love the bloke but he needs to improve these areas if he wants to ever in contention for England or if he wants to hold his place in team. Rafa is ruthless.

He was closing down the cross, in the corner, for the second. Think it was Hayden that let Salah stroll past and into the box.

Online Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #4108 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 02:58:41 pm »

He was closing down the cross, in the corner, for the second. Think it was Hayden that let Salah stroll past and into the box.

Yup you’re right
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #4109 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 07:02:45 pm »
He's ok when he sticks to the basics but when he tries to do the things that Schar can do, as he did a few times yesterday, it gets a bit embarrassing.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #4110 on: Sunday 5 May 2019, 10:14:18 pm »
Aye conceded the most from set pieces in the league. 

Disappointed that Lascelles was beaten 1v1 against Origi mind.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4111 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 10:31:42 pm »
Whatever Lascelles said in that dressing room at St Mary’s 3 years ago must have been f***ing inspired.

Wijnaldum in another CL Final, Sissoko in the European Championship Final and potentially the CL Final, Janmaat in the Fa Cup Final...
?s=21

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4112 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 10:50:11 pm »
Or they are just good players.  :hmm: