Author Topic: The Australia Thread - inmates and visitors alike  (Read 8391 times)

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
Re: The Australia Thread - inmates and visitors alike
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 02:45:11 pm »
Any chance of a title change please?

Australian election on the 18th of May, you’ll see some batshit stuff not far behind the US and Farage in this one  :lol:
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 02:46:32 pm »
Happy to provide updates on Pauline self destructing and Morrison being a tit if anyone is interested?
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 03:14:03 pm »
Any chance of a title change please?

Australian election on the 18th of May, you’ll see some batshit stuff not far behind the US and Farage in this one  :lol:

At least it's not f***ing "convicts" :lol:
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 03:22:31 pm »
 :lol:

Quite happy to see Pauline’s vote nosediving. I see Malcolm Roberts has made an appearance on qanda, with Boris Johnson’s racist former fluffer.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #104 on: Saturday 11 May 2019, 04:15:43 pm »
Interestingly Labor have refused to meet with Murdoch, his rags have gone full ‘Liberal’ but people are now seeing through it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-11/federal-election-2019-shorten-finds-feet-morrison-panics/11102786

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #105 on: Saturday 11 May 2019, 04:16:18 pm »
One week left.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #106 on: Saturday 11 May 2019, 04:18:34 pm »
Absolutely hilarious

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #107 on: Sunday 12 May 2019, 03:03:48 am »
Pretty sure I've called for these fascist microwankers to be executed enough times that I'm on the ASIO watch list.

My favourite is the Qld seat with four fascists and the LNP amongst its seven candidates.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #108 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 07:18:07 am »
So, it's election day tomorrow, and even though only two people read this thread, I'm feeling melancholic because, well, because.

Apparently it's not going to be the landslide everyone predicted. I'm going for Labor to win government with the bare 76 seats, and the Senate to be another shitshow that will end up with the LNP and assorted fascist microwankers in the majority. Shorten will prove to be ineffective and s***, and the calls for him to be replaced by Plibersek or Albanese will start within a year.

Hooray for another three years of useless politicians being useless. Best we can hope for is that we don't follow the lead of Trump and Farage into the trending fuckwittery.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #109 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 07:41:04 am »
In other Australian news, former PM Bob Hawke died yesterday. I'm massively conflicted about his legacy as a Labor PM, but he's better known for his beer drinking feats anyway. He once held the world record for necking a yardglass of beer, and at the cricket, he would always skull a beer handed to him by a stranger. Here's Shane Warne commentating on one such episode:

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #110 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 11:11:58 am »
So, it's election day tomorrow, and even though only two people read this thread, I'm feeling melancholic because, well, because.

Apparently it's not going to be the landslide everyone predicted. I'm going for Labor to win government with the bare 76 seats, and the Senate to be another shitshow that will end up with the LNP and assorted fascist microwankers in the majority. Shorten will prove to be ineffective and s***, and the calls for him to be replaced by Plibersek or Albanese will start within a year.

Hooray for another three years of useless politicians being useless. Best we can hope for is that we don't follow the lead of Trump and Farage into the trending fuckwittery.

No-one who wasn't drinking the kool-aid thought was going to be 2007 all over again though. 

Also worth noting that pre-voting is at record levels, many cast before the last minute opinion poll tightening.  The Senate is always a clusterfuck, but for what it's worth depending on how many they pick up, they can potentially rely on the more "normal" independents, Xenophon's former disciples are a bunch of weirdos but hold reasonable enough opinions on many things.

Whatever the result, I am a New Zealander (but also hold Australian citizenship currently living in Sydney) who voted for John Key and the centre right National Party for 3 straight elections back home - but here I am voting for a Labor Party led by a former union strongman in my first Australian election, which shows how f***ed the current situation is for the Liberals.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #111 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 11:59:04 am »

I read every post but don't really have anything to contribute. :lol: Still like keeping up with Australia though.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #112 on: Saturday 18 May 2019, 12:12:03 am »
it happen

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #113 on: Saturday 18 May 2019, 12:12:03 pm »
Well Australia is f***ed.

I'll be fine, I'm a dirty contractor in a high demand field with the back-up of moving back home to NZ, but many of these fools in Queensland who just re-elected Morrison won't be. 
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #114 on: Saturday 18 May 2019, 12:17:02 pm »

I'll be fine, I'm a dirty contractor in a high demand field with the back-up of moving back home to NZ, but many of these fools in Queensland who just re-elected Morrison won't be. 

What's the issue?

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #115 on: Saturday 18 May 2019, 12:56:02 pm »

What's the issue?

Liberals have many of the same issues as the Conservative Party over in the UK have - there is a moderate wing nominally in power, but the crazies on the back bench have enough sway so they try to placate them - not realising they will never be happy.

Like I said the other day, I am a somewhat right wing person, and in isolation I have no real issues with Scott Morrison as a PM and some of the cabinet, but the whacko, bible thumping conservatives driving the party scare me. 

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #116 on: Saturday 18 May 2019, 03:12:12 pm »
Australia is going to get what it deserves for actively contributing to climate change and not giving a f*** about it.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #117 on: Saturday 18 May 2019, 03:24:08 pm »
Australia is going to get what it deserves for actively contributing to climate change and not giving a f*** about it.

f***.Me.

Spoke to a few people, needed excuses to vote Labor, didn’t have them.

The next election will be interesting as the predicted recession should hit soon.

No issues with Morrison, yeah right, he’s just stated it was a miracle he was returned. A miracle.

He wants to keep people locked up like animals on Manus but I’m sure that pandy has no issue will comfort them

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #118 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:53:35 am »
Can't believe Australians looked at the last six years of Tory tight-fistedness and though "Yeah, more of the same please, with a side order of evangelism thanks."

Neesy's right - we f***ing deserve everything.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #120 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 10:54:46 am »
:thup: It’s certainly a positive - although it seems the equally racist but considerably stupider Malcolm Roberts has been returned :anguish:

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #121 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 11:43:26 am »
Can't believe Australians looked at the last six years of Tory tight-fistedness and though "Yeah, more of the same please, with a side order of evangelism thanks."

f***ing unbelievable wasn’t it?

Concerns were first raised on Saturday afternoon when picking my daughter up from her hairdresser.

Got chatting about the election and she announced she was voting liberal because ‘there’s nothing really wrong with the country so why change?’

She’s Scottish so I asked her would she have voted Tory if she was there, response was ‘not a chance in hell’.

That’s exactly the sort of person Labor failed to reach and why they lost.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #122 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 11:55:34 am »
Wow.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 11:46:35 am »

Concerns were first raised on Saturday afternoon when picking my daughter up from her hairdresser.

Got chatting about the election and she announced she was voting liberal because ‘there’s nothing really wrong with the country so why change?’

She’s Scottish so I asked her would she have voted Tory if she was there, response was ‘not a chance in hell’.

And if she ever has to hire an apprentice, she'll wonder why the TAFE system is so completely f***ed et al.

They're just so ignorant. I'm working in a boys school writing essays on asylum seekers, and so many parrot their redneck parents. It's just mindblowing how weirdly some people view the world.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 02:20:50 pm »

And if she ever has to hire an apprentice, she'll wonder why the TAFE system is so completely f***ed et al.

They're just so ignorant. I'm working in a boys school writing essays on asylum seekers, and so many parrot their redneck parents. It's just mindblowing how weirdly some people view the world.

Which state are you in again mate?

I thought WA was redneck but f*** me Queensland is backwards, absolute basket case.

Never seen so many racists in one place.