Author Topic: Rob Elliot  (Read 238646 times)

Offline Unbelievable!

• General Member
  • Adopted Geordie
Re: Rob Elliot
« Reply #4100 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 06:16:49 PM »
The signing that perhaps most personified Ashley's era for me. Arrived for 100k from some league two side, was predictably utter s****, acted the c*** who liked to tell us we weren't all that and who somehow despite all this made 55 appearances for us. Good riddance indeed. Take your boss(es) with you.

League 1 side, he also cost £750k.

That makes me feel much better about him. Come back please Rob!

Offline Butcher

• General Member
« Reply #4101 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 09:22:24 PM »
?s=21

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #4102 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 09:24:09 PM »
Nice
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #4103 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 09:25:21 PM »
Club's Player of the Season 2015/16 and a decent goalie in my view.  Good luck to him.

Love this. As if being named player of a season in which the club was relegated carries any real weight (unlike him har har har).

It's basically "least s***".
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #4104 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 09:25:26 PM »
Nice message from him. I wish him well

Offline danny

• General Member
« Reply #4105 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 09:41:40 PM »
Thankyou bigman luv ya but goodbye  O0
It comming home.....

Offline TorchyTBB

« Reply #4106 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 10:19:51 PM »
Club's Player of the Season 2015/16 and a decent goalie in my view.  Good luck to him.

Love this. As if being named player of a season in which the club was relegated carries any real weight (unlike him har har har).

Aye, all s***, Tim Krul, Fabricio Coloccini, Georginio Wijnaldum, Moussa Sissoko, Papiss Cisse, Jamaal Lascelles, Ayoze Perez, Cheick Tiote and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #4107 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 10:30:26 PM »

Aye, all s***, Tim Krul, Fabricio Coloccini, Georginio Wijnaldum, Moussa Sissoko, Papiss Cisse, Jamaal Lascelles, Ayoze Perez, Cheick Tiote and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

They were that season.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #4108 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 11:38:55 PM »
Anyone with ambition to have played games would have left years ago.
He simply didn’t want to play games more than picking up his wages.
He was arrogant and disrespectful to fans. He can say thank you and be appreciated of the area all he likes, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he sold himself out. He could have had a semi-decent career elsewhere, instead he spent 9 years at a club where he was often 3rd choice keeper.

Offline Wolfcastle

• General Member
  • Hey! I'm trying to have lunch here
« Reply #4109 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 12:18:40 AM »
Really didn't rate him. Had no business being here PL or championship for me and only was because of the regime (Pardew > Woodman > Eliott) and as Stifleaay says above, it suggests the player himself knew it.
Don't know what people like John Anderson were seeing other than Ireland shirts scratching their head as to why a world class manager like Rafa wouldn't rate him. Made perfect f**king sense to me.

On the record here, way back in the day saying we were down when Krul got injured because he wasn't up to it.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #4110 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 12:24:04 AM »
Nice message but never can be forgiven for his Hatem hate and defence of Pardew

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #4111 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 12:44:40 AM »
Even in the relegation season, how was he player of the season? :lol: He was always a liability from what I remember.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4112 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 12:51:46 AM »
Nice message but never can be forgiven for his Hatem hate and defence of Pardew

If you're not a sociopath, you absolutely can.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #4113 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 01:07:31 AM »
I’m definitely not a sociopath and can’t forgive him

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #4114 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 01:55:29 AM »
Not a bad player , didn’t do anything wrong, bunch of weird fans who know better than about 7 managers who managed Ben Arfa saying different
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #4115 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 01:59:51 AM »
Wonder if he’ll bother going elsewhere.

Pretty settled up here and has used the adoring Donnay Army’s money to buy properties.

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #4116 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 02:23:50 AM »
He was s**** but don't think you can really hold it against him that he was happy to stay as backup, plenty of better keepers have sat on the benches of clubs. He came across as a decent lad other than a drunken bar story where he refused to slag his manager off. Happy to never see him wear the shirt again but don't seem to have the same levels of hatred towards him as some others.

Online David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is.
« Reply #4117 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:18:39 AM »

Fair play. 

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #4118 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:25:59 AM »
Anyone know if he's released a message for the fans yet?

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #4119 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:36:57 AM »
Haven't seen anything...
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #4120 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:39:22 AM »
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #4121 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:54:30 AM »
He was s**** but don't think you can really hold it against him that he was happy to stay as backup, plenty of better keepers have sat on the benches of clubs. He came across as a decent lad other than a drunken bar story where he refused to slag his manager off. Happy to never see him wear the shirt again but don't seem to have the same levels of hatred towards him as some others.

Pretty much aye.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #4122 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 01:27:19 PM »
Wonder if he’ll bother going elsewhere.

Pretty settled up here and has used the adoring Donnay Army’s money to buy properties.

I wondered this. Wouldn't have surprised me at all if he ended up at the mackems. However, given they're in the clag financially, it won't happen. Dunno how Burra are getting on for keepers...?
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #4123 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 01:37:44 PM »
What does he mean by 'a club like this'? I thought midtable is where we should be. (during pardew era)