Author Topic: Lee Charnley  (Read 204261 times)

Offline geordiesteve710

• General Member
Re: Liar Charnley
« Reply #100 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
The way we are heading we will finish up 11th (if we are lucky) and none of them will receive their top 10 incentive.

Good. They don't deserve an incentive.
Log on to the N-O forum.
Check the transfer thread in the vague hope we might be going to spend some money, get p*ssed off.
Move to the Mike Ashley thread because I'm p*ssed off, get more p*ssed off.
Come to this thread to cheer myself up a bit.
Leave.
Repeat.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #101 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:43:22 PM »
WOW guys, we exceed the financial fair play rules which only actually make a difference if you're trying to get into a competition we actively want to avoid!  CONGRATULATIONS!

The Premier League also have financial fair player regulations which have nothing to do with European competition.

He specifically refers to the UEFA rules.
UEFA rules are also a fair bit stricter than prem rules so make it look better in theory by saying your well in compliance with them

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #102 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:44:28 PM »
@TomBarclay_SUN: New #nufc managing director Lee Charnley: "Our intention for the first team is to sign one or two players per year to strengthen the squad"

:anguish:

That'll be easy with the £20m of Mike's own money he will invest each year, Stadium Renaming Money, increased commercial revenueCarroll Money,Cabaye Money, Money from selling land around SJP, lack of money spent over the last twelve months, Premier League New TV Deal.
Gannin doon then.

If our form since boxing day is anything to go by, probably.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #103 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:45:12 PM »
Nowt new. We're going nowhere.

Offline timeEd32

• General Member
« Reply #104 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:45:41 PM »
That's one of the more depressing things I've ever read. The last three words make my blood boil.

Offline Jtm_92

• General Member
« Reply #105 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:45:48 PM »
WOW guys, we exceed the financial fair play rules which only actually make a difference if you're trying to get into a competition we actively want to avoid!  CONGRATULATIONS!

The Premier League also have financial fair player regulations which have nothing to do with European competition.

You could say that it is ironic that charnley puts his attention to Uefa FFP because we as a club have no interest in being in either of the uefa competitions, If he said premier league instead then that would be fine.

Offline Teasy

• General Member
« Reply #106 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:46:02 PM »
Just read the statement, couldn't really get less inspiring could you?
Rage and love, story of my life.  The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #107 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:46:41 PM »
He's come up from the ranks. We already knew he was a piece of s***.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Walter

« Reply #108 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:47:40 PM »
"Looking ahead to future seasons, our primary focus will remain the Premier League."

Offline AlanSkärare

• General Member
« Reply #109 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:50:32 PM »
It's one of the biggest insluts to our intellectual capacity that the Ashley regime has produced.

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #110 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:51:18 PM »
Do all of Ashley's Yes Men have a competition to see how far they can get their tongues up his arse? Or maybe that is the selection criteria? Whatever the answer they are clearly all s*** scared of upsetting their boss.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #111 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:52:51 PM »
Do all of Ashley's Yes Men have a competition to see how far they can get their tongues up his arse? Or maybe that is the selection criteria? Whatever the answer they are clearly all s*** scared of upsetting their boss.

You don't get promoted up the ranks by questioning the ridiculousness of Mike Ashley's continued existence.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline Teasy

• General Member
« Reply #112 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:52:58 PM »

I see that and its pretty stupid of him to specifically mentions those regulations given their apparent thoughts on the UEFA cup.  Just saying FYI that their are also Premier League FFP that obviously effect us whether we're in Europe or not.  Though they are certainly less stringent than UEFA's rules.
Rage and love, story of my life.  The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #113 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:53:35 PM »
I'd sooner see Lee Stewart in the role.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline binnsy

• General Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #114 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:54:36 PM »
i have agonised for weeks that i have done the right thing not renewing,  i knew it was something in needed to do but after going for 30 years and having a season ticket for 25 yr and over 130 loyalty points it was a real wrench but that statement has proved once and for all that we are going nowhere and i have made the right decision.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #115 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:55:09 PM »
Not sure what Lee's said wrong there tbh.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:56:21 PM »
Not sure what Lee's said wrong there tbh.

I think you'll find all Premier League managing directors say the same thing.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #117 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:56:31 PM »
Hate the dryness of the statement, but he's just a thoroughly uninspiring promoted money man.

If we get an ambitious director of football to work in tandem with the bloke, great. Could work out really well.

That's not going to happen though, is it.
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline sempuki

• General Member
  • All is lost.
« Reply #118 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:56:42 PM »
"Looking ahead to future seasons, our primary focus will remain the Premier League."
Dat ambition.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #119 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:56:50 PM »
Some right hyperbole here like. It's an official statement to present the new MD, they're not going to say "Alan Pardew is a useless t*** who we'll sack in a bit".

Yes, things are looking grim but there's no reason cutting your wrists because of this statement.

Rubbish. What we're seeing on the pitch is a direct result of the policies set out by the board of directors, and it's abundantly clear from that statement that there is no ambition whatsoever to make this club challenge for anything above existing in the Premiership. It's not something new of course, but that reads like a BoD statement of every other corporation. Absolutely no understanding of football, fan passion, etc. Hurts more than getting dicked on the pitch every forthnight.

Remember Joe Kinnear? That was a disaster. This just confirms things we already knew.

Offline Jtm_92

• General Member
« Reply #120 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:56:57 PM »
does anyone know how much the club has invested into the academy ?, the only thing i can see was wonga investing 1.5 million into the academy but i would not class that as "invested heavily "

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 04:57:30 PM »
Hate the dryness of the statement, but he's just a thoroughly uninspiring promoted money man.

If we get an ambitious director of football to work in tandem with the bloke, great. Could work out really well.

That's not going to happen though, is it.

An ambitious director of football to buy 1 or 2 players per year and give them to Alan Pardew? Yeah I'm canny sure that won't work.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #122 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
@CaulkinTheTimes: Would always want clubs to communicate with fans, but difficult to read Lee Charnley's #Nufc statement & not feel monumentally depressed.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #123 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 05:05:35 PM »
Still pisses me off that they said they wouldn't sell any advertising space because nobody would give them 100million-odd quid for it. :lol:

Offline Gallowgate Toon

• General Member
« Reply #124 on: Monday 7 April 2014, 05:06:52 PM »
He sounds truly inspiring. He was Llambias' understudy, IIRC, which means he should be an improvement on JFK, at least.