Author Topic: Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea  (Read 8089 times)

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
Re: Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea
« Reply #450 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 05:51:12 PM »
The stuff we played second half of last season is so far ahead of what we've seen so far this year, like.

I suspect Bruce will try to open up once we are mathematically safe to comedic effect.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #451 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 05:52:21 PM »
Absolutely awful game to watch.  Bruceball will kill football and put SkySports out of business.  I can't believe that the players get any pleasure (apart from win bonuses) from playing this utter crap, on the ropes for 90 minutes football.

I've been trying hard to give up watching our games and that fat repulsive git Bruce and these performances are helping me immensely

You do realise this is Rafas exact tactics?

Haven’t even dropped to the low of Bruce ball yet

This is a bastardisation of Rafa tactics, Rafa's teams were more coherent and more fluid going forward with purpose and aim. This is the same dogged defence but with the caveat of a Brucie lump it to the big guy and see what comes off or slide it sideways to the quick guy and hope he pulls off some majik.

When Bruce finally gets his claws in this side the soopafans will be calling for his head. This false league position has really divided support, much as Pardew did but after even more years of crap being fed at the table of Ashley it's the most divided we've been.

Spot on, the same numpties crowing over this all will be the first to boo and the likes of the cretins writing pro Bruce/anti Rafa s*** in the media will also be the first to stick the boot in. They all have the cub they deserve.

Don’t think there’s that much difference between this way of playing and rafas personally- just joelinton is worse at holding the ball up than rondon. There were some awful games with Rafa and hardly played attacking at all. There was progression though. You could see he had a plan and the players were drilled well. With Bruce we’re just using the same tactics but arnt improving. Will come a point everything will drop off and we will plummet. Anyone advocating Bruce doesn’t know football. He is a fraud and doesn’t have any history to back up any of the s*** he talks

We saw some horrific football under Rafa, no doubt about that but once we had Almiron we were a different side, I don't think you are giving that second half a season the justice it deserves, we had some exciting spells and, although still cautious, definitely opened up more. I haven't seen anything of the like under Bruce, this whole season has been a s***-fest with the exception of 2 games, one of which was against league 1 powerhouses Rochdale.

Anyway, it's besides the point, Rafa was building something, Brice can't see past the next game 👍🏻
What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline jackyboy

• General Member
« Reply #452 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 06:25:53 PM »
I actually preferred Pardews football to what's being served up now.
I went out with a girl once and she asked me to kiss her where it was wet and smelly...........So I took her to Middlesbrough

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #453 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 06:40:17 PM »

Aye. Would take Pardew over Bruce. Jelly of Ado.

Offline Cronky

• General Member
« Reply #454 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 07:54:02 PM »
As it happened, it all came right, but was it really smart for us to do an outswinging corner in the final minute of the match like that? It could just as easily have resulted in a breakaway. An inswinger doesn't eliminate the risk, but it reduces it.
People generalise too much.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #455 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 08:04:42 PM »

Dear god.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #456 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 08:10:35 PM »
Wew lads, wew.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #457 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 08:12:15 PM »

That had nothing to do with Pardew, we had much better players. If anything it was a miracle he managed to make that team look so bad.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #458 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 08:25:18 PM »

Only because Pards had better attacking players

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #459 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 08:31:20 PM »
As detestable as Bruce is at times, he's nowhere near the levels Pardew got me at.

Offline Unlucky Luque

• General Member
« Reply #460 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 09:04:08 PM »
As detestable as Bruce is at times, he's nowhere near the levels Pardew got me at.
Same. Would honestly have Carver and Kinnear back before the return of the king.

Online LV

• General Member
« Reply #461 on: Sunday 19 January 2020, 11:59:47 PM »
f*** Pardew, man. That gimp was saved by the quality of his squad.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #462 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 12:09:51 AM »
30% possession football is the club identity now thanks to Rafa. Bruce with his limited skill set was never going to change much.
Minge Tingles

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #463 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 05:28:29 AM »
I thought his interview after the game was funny. Talking about how he was going to make us better as we go along...if he had any sense he’d leave everything alone as the moment he tries his own thing it’s going to blow up in his face.
?s=21

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #464 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 05:32:57 AM »
Bruce isn't on Pardew levels for me.....yet.

Ah the glory years of us having some quality players to score goals and then Pards nailing them to sit back deep deep deep to defend the 1-0 lead for the rest of the game.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #465 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 05:38:58 AM »
If he had us well-organised I could have lived with that. No problem at all with defending a one goal lead if you’re good at it. Pardew wasn’t.
?s=21

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #466 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 06:44:53 AM »
'No more goals!'

7-3
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #467 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 07:17:27 AM »
30% possession football is the club identity now thanks to Rafa. Bruce with his limited skill set was never going to change much.
😂😂
I think you might find that Sports Direct is the clubs identity.
Rafa ffs.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Online LV

• General Member
« Reply #468 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 07:26:05 AM »

I think you mean thanks to Ashley. Rafa only played like that because of the chronic under investment in the first team squad.

But then you knew that already.

Offline Armchair Pundit

• General Member
« Reply #469 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 09:37:49 AM »
And back to the more important part of the match:

https://gfycat.com/valuablediscretefox

Oof!

اشعر بقوة الجانب المظلم - 'asheur biquat aljanib almuzlim

#AshleyOut

Online Colo's Short and Curlies

• AKA SP60sH
  • General Member
« Reply #470 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 09:48:08 AM »
Expect Ritchie to get a 3 match ban from the FA for that
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #471 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 09:55:38 AM »
Aye he won't be doing that any more