Author Topic: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions  (Read 207483 times)

Kaizero and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
Re: Netflix/Streaming Suggestions
« Reply #4300 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 11:48:57 pm »
The Society is new and looked interesting. Bodyguard's just gone on, too, in case you missed it on BBC.
:thup:

Does the BBC just have an endless amount of crime dramas focusing on detectives? :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #4301 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 01:18:27 am »

Wew.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4302 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 01:57:01 pm »
Watched first 2 episodes of Chernobyl last night, really good so far.   Should be available on HBO go for our american friends as it is in Spanish version.

Offline mouldy_uk

• General Member
  • Forever NUFC
« Reply #4303 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 07:48:21 pm »
Watched first 2 episodes of Chernobyl last night, really good so far.   Should be available on HBO go for our american friends as it is in Spanish version.

Excellent so far, best new thing I’ve seen for a while. The English accents were a little jarring at the start but soon go used to it. It’s smashing it on IMDB at the moment (9.6), let’s just hope the quality stays high for the remaining episodes

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4304 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 07:59:05 pm »

Excellent so far, best new thing I’ve seen for a while. The English accents were a little jarring at the start but soon go used to it. It’s smashing it on IMDB at the moment (9.6), let’s just hope the quality stays high for the remaining episodes

:thup:

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #4305 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 11:51:58 pm »
It's frustrating only being able to watch one episode of 'Chernobyl' and then having to wait a week for the next episode. I prefer it when all the episodes are available.

Spoiler
[close]
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4306 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:23:24 am »
Where can I get Chernobyl? 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #4307 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:31:23 am »
Where can I get Chernobyl? 

Ukraine innit.
Bearings Straight!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4308 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:32:57 am »
:huff:

Don't make me google.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4309 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:33:42 am »
Bloody HBO. :huff:

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4310 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:35:59 am »
Bloody HBO. :huff:

Sky.  HBO is just America.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4311 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:36:32 am »
Sky's no better.  I won't pay Murdoch wages. :huff:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4312 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:53:16 am »

A f***ing commendable stance.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #4313 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 01:14:55 am »
I'd wait for all 4 eps to come out before watching. Having seen 2 already it seems a binge watch type show.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4314 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 09:11:35 am »
Just finished Series 2 of The Last Kingdom. Really good.
?s=21

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4315 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 09:12:41 am »
Uhtred, son of Uhtred.

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #4316 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:18:39 am »
Really enjoy The Last Kingdom. Seems to be improving each season as well.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #4317 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 03:28:54 pm »
Murdoch sold his stake in Sky to Comcast last year.

You could get a free 7 day trial to NOW TV when all the episodes have been broadcast and hammer through it in a week.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/free-trial
« Last Edit: Friday 17 May 2019, 04:44:51 pm by LoveItIfWeBeatU »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4318 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 03:51:17 pm »
Been toying with the idea of Now TV but hear they don't do HD which at this point in history is simply unacceptable.  In saying that, I feel more of an obligation to be less of a pirate these days, so I might pay for it it, then just get HD versions elsewhere.  :whistle:  Like I'm more than content to pay for the services if they're offering what I can get elsewhere, but if you can't offer HD, that's a f***ing joke.

I definitely didn't know that about the Murdochs though.  It certainly helps to know they're not in charge anymore. 

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #4319 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 03:53:35 pm »
Can't speak for TV shows but I got a free Now TV pass a few months ago that let me watch Sky Sports for a week and it was in HD.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4320 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 03:55:10 pm »
Was some c*** on here that said it.  GoT related I think, but can't remember who now.  It was definitely said, but I've no idea. :lol: :blush:

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #4321 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 04:28:04 pm »
NOW TV is 720p HD not 1080p HD. The promised upgrade to 1080p HD is a year overdue. Personally I think they are holding back deliberately as NOW TV is a lot cheaper than SKY and the only difference is the HD quality.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #4322 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 04:30:09 pm »
Murdoch sold his stake in Sky to Comcast last year.

You could get a free 7 day trail to NOW TV when all the episodes have been broadcast and hammer through it in a week.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/free-trial

I've done exactly that a couple of times over the last year, hammered Silicon Valley and then recently the Adnan Syed thing and something else I think.  I had no issues with the quality at all, it was fine and it just meant I could catch up for a few quid.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4323 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 04:48:31 pm »
NOW TV is 720p HD not 1080p HD. The promised upgrade to 1080p HD is a year overdue. Personally I think they are holding back deliberately as NOW TV is a lot cheaper than SKY and the only difference is the HD quality.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

Cheers man, you could easily have left me in my ignorance, so I'll check it out. :thup:

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4324 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 06:10:46 pm »

Out today.  Clooney also directs.