Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Series Discussion  (Read 407941 times)

Offline Decky

• General Member
Re: Game of Thrones - Final Episode Build-up >>Bluf is a disgrace<<
« Reply #11950 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:09:33 pm »
Forgot it was on tonight until I saw this thread tbh. For what should have been unbelievable excitement I'm not looking forward to it at all, more just watching it out of curiosity and for closure to something I've been following for 9 years. Whoever made the decision to rush through all this and finish it the way they did is a c***.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #11951 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:10:58 pm »
Might as well just do a Sopranos ending at this stage
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #11952 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:20:27 pm »
I think the only thing that could save it is Davos singing a Seasons 1-8 version of “We Didn’t Start the Fire”.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #11953 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:31:38 pm »
Might as well just do a Sopranos ending at this stage

It ends with Drogon flying away from the pond in King's Landing.  :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #11954 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:33:47 pm »

Offline TheGuv

• General Member
« Reply #11955 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:41:51 pm »
It's going to be so s***. :lol:

:lol: Howay lad.

Kaizero told me he knew how it ended and he said it was ‘dreadful’.

I just thought he was being an over dramatic thespian type.

Now Bluf says it...I’m genuinely worried :lol:

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #11956 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:42:18 pm »
So do the N-O liitle birds know the ending ?
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline OpenC

• General Member
« Reply #11957 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 06:43:19 pm »
I know the ending and I've never watched a second of it :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #11958 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:07:25 pm »

In defence of K', he's clearly not repeating the leaked stuff, so there's no need to assume what he's saying is right, it's conversations he's had.  In some cases (or one) he's been sort of wrong, he told me there was a possibility Jaime was going to die in the arms of Brienne in The Long Night.  I swear to f***, him saying that, me expecting that, then it not happening made the whole thing a whole lot more tense.  He had added that may not be the case due to knowing who filmed what, and where, so he was actually right too, but I chose to go with the Jaime dying in Brienne's arms.  So much so I badgered the other half into putting money on it, she resisted (thankfully :lol:).

For what it's worth, it's not what he's told me that will make it s***, it's the culmination of 2 season's worth of hurried nonsense with a frantic cherry on the pie for a finale that renders that verdict.  There's literally nothing they can, never mind will, do that can save the show from going down in shitstained flames. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #11959 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:11:01 pm »
Just be a relief to have it over at this point. TBF to them they managed to sustain the quality for a very long time, a lot of shows are grinding out s*** for 4 or 5 seasons.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #11960 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:11:10 pm »
All of you shut up. SHUT UP. SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP.

Offline Andy

• Administrator
« Reply #11961 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:15:45 pm »
Forgot it was on tonight until I saw this thread tbh. For what should have been unbelievable excitement I'm not looking forward to it at all, more just watching it out of curiosity and for closure to something I've been following for 9 years. Whoever made the decision to rush through all this and finish it the way they did is a c***.

:thup: It feels strange going into this with what I'd almost describe as a morbid curiosity instead of being excited for it. I enjoyed GoT even more than I enjoyed Lost up until this season, and everyone knows how much I bummed that show. I got up in the middle of the night to watch the Lost finale when I had a 12 hour shift to trudge through the same day, with this I'm not even sure I'll make time to watch it after my 6-2 tomorrow, it's just totally deflated me this season.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #11962 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:37:27 pm »

In defence of K', he's clearly not repeating the leaked stuff, so there's no need to assume what he's saying is right, it's conversations he's had.  In some cases (or one) he's been sort of wrong, he told me there was a possibility Jaime was going to die in the arms of Brienne in The Long Night.  I swear to f***, him saying that, me expecting that, then it not happening made the whole thing a whole lot more tense.  He had added that may not be the case due to knowing who filmed what, and where, so he was actually right too, but I chose to go with the Jaime dying in Brienne's arms.  So much so I badgered the other half into putting money on it, she resisted (thankfully :lol:).

For what it's worth, it's not what he's told me that will make it s***, it's the culmination of 2 season's worth of hurried nonsense with a frantic cherry on the pie for a finale that renders that verdict.  There's literally nothing they can, never mind will, do that can save the show from going down in shitstained flames. 

*Begins carving a B into the sign*

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #11963 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:42:08 pm »
Carve faster, carve faster :lol:
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
Re: Game of Thrones - Final Episode Build-up >F*ck off Bluf<
« Reply #11964 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 07:44:51 pm »
Breaks my heart to have to make that. :(

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #11965 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:01:06 pm »
I remember you moved the book thread for this into the Help section.  You're a right sensitive soul. :lol:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #11966 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:09:36 pm »
I remember you moved the book thread for this into the Help section.  You're a right sensitive soul. :lol:

:lol: Why the hell did I do that?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #11967 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:11:58 pm »
Not even sure, it was before I even bothered with the show, but mind getting particularly irate at seeing the book thread pop up in the Help section, so went to move it back.  CaliMag was quite pleased with me over it, but you won in the end keeping it there until the end of that season. :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #11968 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:14:13 pm »
Not even sure, it was before I even bothered with the show, but mind getting particularly irate at seeing the book thread pop up in the Help section, so went to move it back.  CaliMag was quite pleased with me over it, but you won in the end keeping it there until the end of that season. :lol:

:lol: You chimney weed and have a better memory than me. I suppose the silver lining is that I won't remember to be deeply concerned about this.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #11969 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:18:21 pm »
:lol:

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #11970 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:32:49 pm »
Anyone know how long last episode is?
Bearings Straight!

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #11971 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:35:03 pm »

:thup:
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #11972 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:36:17 pm »

1h35m
LGM

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #11973 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:36:28 pm »

Standard 80, I believe.  Nothing special, certainly nowt long, it's only the end.

Edit:  I'll f*** off. :morph:

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #11974 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 08:40:42 pm »
That feels way too short.
Bearings Straight!