Author Topic: Comic Books/Movies/TV  (Read 166450 times)

Offline Mike

• General Member
Re: Comic Books/Movies/TV
« Reply #4775 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 06:10:38 pm »
I mean I was cool with the frog spanking, but I still feel like my opening tolerance for bullshit is much lower than yours. Still plan to have a crack next week anyway.

:lol: There's this s*** that they only do in anime and I love it every time I see it. You know what I'm on about.

Someone or someones will be doing the main thing the show is about and the other characters will have that external monologue going about what the f*** is happening over there. You know the one?

That x is made of y and he/she has waited until the final moment to use it! As expected, z!

:lol: That s***? It's f***ing everywhere in this bullshit. Everywhere. I will legit watch anything if that's included. I watched half of Yuri on Ice, ffs.

Also, seriously the theme songs are f***ing all timers. I'm all in on this Jojo bullshit. :lol:

@54 , this dumb show Jojo's Bizarre Adventure that I like and Beren will probably dislike quite a bit, but also maybe not.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #4776 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 07:23:56 pm »
Captain Marvel

Spoiler
[close]

Ronan was s**** for a reason. He's supposed to be the heavy that comes in and wreck s*** up, and then witnesses the might of Captain Marvel first hand. He s***s the bed and runs. This is probably why he turns into a Kree Fanatic in Guardians of the Galaxy in search of a power that will allow him to combat Captain Marvel.

CGI was mixed. Some moments were great, other moments were awful.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4777 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 07:25:31 pm »
Spoiler everything please.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #4778 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 08:34:05 pm »
I mean I was cool with the frog spanking, but I still feel like my opening tolerance for bullshit is much lower than yours. Still plan to have a crack next week anyway.

:lol: There's this s*** that they only do in anime and I love it every time I see it. You know what I'm on about.

Someone or someones will be doing the main thing the show is about and the other characters will have that external monologue going about what the f*** is happening over there. You know the one?

That x is made of y and he/she has waited until the final moment to use it! As expected, z!

:lol: That s***? It's f***ing everywhere in this bullshit. Everywhere. I will legit watch anything if that's included. I watched half of Yuri on Ice, ffs.

Also, seriously the theme songs are f***ing all timers. I'm all in on this Jojo bullshit. :lol:

@54 , this dumb show Jojo's Bizarre Adventure that I like and Beren will probably dislike quite a bit, but also maybe not.

I mean this is the woolliest-ass explanation I've heard but I know what you mean with such specificity I can hear the rousing score :lol: Don't underestimate the music and the graphics.

It's odd how advanced they've got their craft down, they imbue anime with indescribable power worthy of the universes they create. I'm legit ashamed that "one million percent" probably made the top 10 list of most excited I've ever been :lol: :lol:  :blush: I somehow didn't even f***ing see it coming.

That iguana breaking the tackle of those snakes on Blue Planet probably made the top 10 too. I cheered that like Newcastle had won the Champions League when I still cared.

I reckon I'll be able to stick with the weirdness of JoJo as long as I don't try to marathon the whole thing in a handful of sittings.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #4779 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 11:44:55 pm »
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #4780 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 11:54:45 pm »

I mean this is the woolliest-ass explanation I've heard but I know what you mean with such specificity I can hear the rousing score :lol: Don't underestimate the music and the graphics.

It's odd how advanced they've got their craft down, they imbue anime with indescribable power worthy of the universes they create. I'm legit ashamed that "one million percent" probably made the top 10 list of most excited I've ever been :lol: :lol:  :blush: I somehow didn't even f***ing see it coming.

That iguana breaking the tackle of those snakes on Blue Planet probably made the top 10 too. I cheered that like Newcastle had won the Champions League when I still cared.

I reckon I'll be able to stick with the weirdness of JoJo as long as I don't try to marathon the whole thing in a handful of sittings.

:lol: Legit every anime is the same show. It's barely a secret. Always someone watching the event with his eyes shut and his arms folded, half smile. All smug because everyone else is reacting to the obvious s*** and missing the subtext, which he will then outline. I just described 500 shows.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #4781 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 12:43:19 am »
JoJo is peak anime.
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #4782 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 02:21:39 am »
:lol: It's honestly shitty but it's good shitty.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #4783 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 01:40:58 pm »
Oh its anime, i'll cross that one of the list now. :lol:

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #4784 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 01:44:07 pm »
Another Endgame trailer, for anyone not avoiding them...

Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #4785 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 01:47:10 pm »
See thread bump. Think it might be about the new Avengers trailer. First sentence of the first post I read "I mean I was cool with the frog spanking"

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #4786 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 02:05:11 pm »

:lol: Snob.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #4787 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 02:22:33 pm »

If you want someone to watch anime, don't start them off with f***ing JoJo :lol:
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #4788 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 02:30:27 pm »

If you want someone to watch anime, don't start them off with f***ing JoJo :lol:

:lol: I'm sure if I found some s*** where some guy got rattled off his da 54 would be dead keen.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4789 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 02:49:54 pm »

:lol: I'm sure if I found some s*** where some guy got rattled off his da 54 would be dead keen.

:lol:  "found".  Isn't that 50% of anime?

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #4790 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 02:52:43 pm »

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #4791 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 03:06:43 pm »

:lol:  "found".  Isn't that 50% of anime?

:lol: I'm sure it's a named genre.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #4792 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 05:52:21 pm »

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4793 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 05:53:57 pm »

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4794 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 05:57:15 pm »
:sweetjesus:

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4795 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 05:58:08 pm »
Can’t wait for this s***.

Online Si

• General Member
« Reply #4796 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 06:27:34 pm »
Whatever it takes..
Bearings Straight!

Online Si

• General Member
« Reply #4797 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:27:35 am »
Just watched it again. :sweetjesus: the Russos are so damn good
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #4798 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 04:37:39 am »
On to S2. :lol: They've changed everything.

Suspect the all timers theme song streak is intact as well.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #4799 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 02:45:14 pm »
Just watched it again. :sweetjesus: the Russos are so damn good

Apparently they only gave the people who put the trailers together 8mins of footage to make all the trailers from, hence the need to re-use old stuff in this one.