Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 233250 times)

Offline gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #8950 on: Monday 13 July 2020, 06:08:04 PM »
It’s not a healthy attitude to hold but I’m going to get a sickening enjoyment out of seeing people who voted for Brexit slowly realise that they made a big mistake when their lives get even shitter in the next few years

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #8951 on: Monday 13 July 2020, 08:12:50 PM »
It’s not a healthy attitude to hold but I’m going to get a sickening enjoyment out of seeing people who voted for Brexit slowly realise that they made a big mistake when their lives get even shitter in the next few years

It’s by no means certain that that’s how they’ll react - it’ll be a conspiracy of some sorts a la QAnon so they don’t have to question their own choices.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #8952 on: Monday 13 July 2020, 08:30:20 PM »
Folk won’t care so long as some migrants/remoaners/Scotch/Irish are losing out as well. Why do you think the Tories are so popular? England is powered by sheer and unbridled hatred.

Offline gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #8953 on: Monday 13 July 2020, 09:09:51 PM »
I agree there’ll be a lot of people who get more entrenched in their beliefs but I do think there’ll be a decent amount of people who slowly realise they were sold a lie as things go to s***. Sadly, it’s probably only going to be the more decent people who will challenge their own beliefs whereas the gammon will just get angrier

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #8954 on: Monday 13 July 2020, 11:26:09 PM »
Folk won’t care so long as some migrants/remoaners/Scotch/Irish are losing out as well. Why do you think the Tories are so popular? England is powered by sheer and unbridled hatred.

I’m not sure that really consoles people when they’re losing their jobs and everything is getting worse.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #8955 on: Tuesday 14 July 2020, 09:43:42 AM »

I’m not sure that really consoles people when they’re losing their jobs and everything is getting worse.
Just means if the migrants/remoaners/Scotch/Irish get hit even harder then all will come good.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline 11Tino11

• General Member
« Reply #8956 on: Tuesday 21 July 2020, 10:02:42 AM »
Invalid Tweet ID
« Last Edit: Tuesday 21 July 2020, 10:13:48 AM by 11Tino11 »

Offline kisearch

• General Member
« Reply #8957 on: Tuesday 21 July 2020, 10:20:19 AM »

Right up until it affects them and their material interests and they suddenly become all for the social safety net. I know you're sure that were f***ed to the point of people putting up with living in s*** so long as someone else is worse off, but I think that has to have a limit.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #8958 on: Tuesday 21 July 2020, 10:40:02 AM »
I see the Kremlin wants to back the SNP to the hilt but not the Brexit movement. Righto.

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #8959 on: Tuesday 21 July 2020, 10:41:22 AM »
I see the Kremlin wants to back the SNP to the hilt but not the Brexit movement. Righto.

It’s not like brexiteers to be dishonest.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #8960 on: Tuesday 21 July 2020, 10:59:04 AM »
f***ing hell, they could have easily accepted Brexit meddling, then muddied the waters with the Indy stuff. But no, the audacity of these c***s is staggering. They meddled in everything, but Brexit! :lol:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #8961 on: Tuesday 21 July 2020, 11:04:07 AM »

It's been 8 months since it was completed, why's it taken that long to amend release?