Author Topic: Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club  (Read 40132 times)

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
Re: Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club
« Reply #1100 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 10:58:45 am »
The Everton game was a cracker

As was Liverpool.

Liverpool was brilliant. A proper bear pit type atmosphere hardly ever seen in England anymore. Even Klopp commented on the hostility and asked if there had been any previous between the 2 clubs.

The 2nd half against Man City was excellent as well which you'd expect I suppose.

The other game I went to was Crystal Palce. Awful game and a flat atmosphere.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1101 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 11:29:52 am »
Last time there has been a "proper" atmosphere for me was when Keegan came back, mackems (c*** scored 2 for us), i seem to remember Chelsea at home being really good aswell, this was in the east stand aswell so it must have been good.

Also the league cup game on the night KK was confirmed as coming back, everyone was f***ing buzzing :lol:

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #1102 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 11:58:08 am »
Thought Leeds at home in the last championship season was a great atmosphere up until the last minute equaliser.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #1103 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 12:57:01 pm »
Last time there has been a "proper" atmosphere for me was when Keegan came back, mackems (c*** scored 2 for us), i seem to remember Chelsea at home being really good aswell, this was in the east stand aswell so it must have been good.

Also the league cup game on the night KK was confirmed as coming back, everyone was f***ing buzzing :lol:

I remember that cup game (Stoke?) I was over the moon with Keegan coming back.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1104 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 01:11:59 pm »

Yes, N'Zogbia played centre mid and was class.

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #1105 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 01:25:12 pm »
9626 still unsold for Brighton  O0

Offline Shadow Puppets

• General Member
« Reply #1106 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 02:28:24 pm »

I would say last season's 2-1 win over City, the previous year's 1-0 win over Man Utd... they were up there for atmosphere. Very reminiscent of the "good old days".

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1107 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 03:26:51 pm »

I would say last season's 2-1 win over City, the previous year's 1-0 win over Man Utd... they were up there for atmosphere. Very reminiscent of the "good old days".

I was at the Man U game, canny but not how it used to be, though the 'we love you Newcastle' at the end was loud as f***.

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #1108 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 05:13:27 am »
9626 still unsold for Brighton  O0

Think we will see a hardcore of 8k unsold tickets at most of these games against smaller clubs, at a very rough guess 120k unsold tickets over this full  season ...wow
Ashley has killed my club

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #1109 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 05:15:30 am »
Does anyone ever get a buzz going to the match anymore? 
Ashley has killed my club

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #1110 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 06:58:07 am »

I used to walk it.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #1111 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 08:49:51 am »
Was someone back in our office yesterday who left the company earlier in the year.

Was taking of rapping his season tickets in when Rafa left (his and his sons), but yesterday was saying he'd renewed them when they signed Joelinton.

Who wins again?
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline GavMcEl

• General Member
« Reply #1112 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 09:17:53 am »

It was an FA cup replay... that liverpool match last season  was mad..  I've never experienced anything  like it...looking around  the ground  and seeing people  getting thrown out

Offline 1964

• General Member
  • It's all about the tone
« Reply #1113 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 09:44:50 am »

I used to walk it.
Nice work

Offline plenum

• General Member
  • Cloud 9
« Reply #1114 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 10:30:50 am »
Was someone back in our office yesterday who left the company earlier in the year.

Was taking of rapping his season tickets in when Rafa left (his and his sons), but yesterday was saying he'd renewed them when they signed Joelinton.

Who wins again?

Joefuckinglinton man come on.....based on what, his price tag?
When we get to Europe, this is wot we sing.........

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1115 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 12:09:39 pm »

It was an FA cup replay... that liverpool match last season  was mad..  I've never experienced anything  like it...looking around  the ground  and seeing people  getting thrown out

:thup:

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1116 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 11:45:02 am »
Just had my dad tell me he was talking to someone in the pub who won't stop going despite saying "it's flat and there's not much to support"  :idiot2:. He asked him why he keeps going then and he says it's just habit.

These are the people that are the problem, they see it and STILL won't stop going.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #1117 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 11:52:02 am »
That's me up here for the next 8 days, just been up to SJP, still gets me walking up to that stadium (it's been over a year since I was last here) but it feels sad too. I couldn't even walk in the shop knowing I wasn't going to buy anything but still could step foot in there. I wouldn't put a penny in that guys pocket, I don't know how people can walk up to that stadium every other week and hand over hard earned cash knowing where it goes.

I get the pull of the place, I really do, just stood outside it gets you right there, but outside has to be the limit. One day, when he's finally gone, I'll go back in, but not now.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.