Author Topic: Antonio Barreca  (Read 18252 times)

Offline Tiotes Witch Doctor

• General Member
Re: Antonio Barreca
« Reply #275 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 05:51:09 pm »
The only reason Longstaff got games is because we had nobody fit, it wasn't some master stroke that Rafa saw him and plucked him out of the development squad, he doesn't always get everything right all of the time.

The wingback position is pretty critical to the way he wants us to play though.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #276 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 06:46:46 pm »
Full back is absolutely his biggest weakness. Like anyone, he's not perfect.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #277 on: Friday 8 March 2019, 12:54:32 am »
Knowing how professional Rafa is, I kind of think that even if he was signed over his head he'd still play him if it would lead to an improvement on the pitch. Indicates he's probably just not that good.

Lazaar didnt start a single league game for us but as soon as Sheffield Wednesday fans see him play they love him. Mbabu was binned off for Manquillo. I'm beggining to suspect for everything he does know, he cant do fullbacks at all.

He signed a load of hopeless fullbacks at Liverpool. Josemi, Kromkamp, Dossena, Insua....

Gamez came and went with barely a start...
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Online TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 05:48:46 pm »

Online TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 05:49:40 pm »
Doesn't work well on the forum, but he seems to think we have forgotten about him

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 05:53:31 pm »
Doesn't work well on the forum, but he seems to think we have forgotten about him

:lol:

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 05:55:15 pm »
Full back is absolutely his biggest weakness. Like anyone, he's not perfect.

:thup: Fergie's was 'keepers until he just gave up and asked Schmeichel who Man United should buy and he said VDS. :lol: I wouldn't mind Rafa doing something similar with full backs tbh. Ask Steve Finnan or someone.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 05:56:09 pm »
Oy that probably will not sit well :lol:
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline dtd

• So55
  • General Member
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 06:25:58 pm »
I had actually forgotten about him.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 06:30:05 pm »
Rafa does have an odd fetish for signing full backs and immediately consigning them to the tip. :lol:

Gamez, Lazaar and now this lad.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 06:55:40 pm »
I had actually forgotten about him.
Same, surprised he isn't still sightseeing

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 08:23:46 pm »

:lol: well played

Online Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday 3 April 2019, 09:04:12 pm »
Maybe he was like hey @NUFC instragram, why aren't you posting about me in a pic like getty images?

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #288 on: Thursday 4 April 2019, 12:22:49 am »
Is this c*** going to play or not. FFS backwards = Soft forrin fullbacks.

Offline Tiotes Witch Doctor

• General Member
« Reply #289 on: Monday 8 April 2019, 12:09:52 pm »
Switch him to RWB he would do a better job than Yedlin.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #290 on: Monday 8 April 2019, 12:46:10 pm »
Switch him to RWB he would do a better job than Yedlin.

Based on? Yedlin has had a decent season and was one of our better players at the weekend spoiled by that one stupid moment of idiocy.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #291 on: Monday 8 April 2019, 05:30:46 pm »
Clearly a placation token

SS2 Paul Dummett - power level - over 9000

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #292 on: Monday 8 April 2019, 07:40:06 pm »
From what I’ve gathered Rafa rates him, but he’s way off the pace and he only agreed to his signing because the alternative was no-one. His preferred choice not even considered at all.

This is just another example of what Rafa has to work with, a player he has the use of, but is of no use until he can be brought upto speed tactically and in terms of fitness. The right-back equiverlent of Joselu basically. Rafa could at least work on him though and try and do something with him.

Work which the conditions and environment of a pre-season are more ideal to assist in helping with than a small window of time during a busy period where relegation is at risk. Rafa would rather play someone out of position first because at least they will be fit, tactically tuned into his methods, have an understanding with team-mates and be more capable of following any instructions.

All key components Rafa uses to strengthen his players and team by in order to achieve results. Tried and trusted methods he has shown works that he rarely takes a risk with not even when a player is so more talented than anyone else to justify deviating from.

Not that he has ever had a player of such talent to lure him into any kind of temptation...

The sad thing is the club are wasting more money signing these kind of players on loan than actually spending money on whoever Rafa prefers, ultimately however, the waste is all Rafas. A waste of his time and effort. Wasted on the club who has wasted this time with Rafa.

I sincereley hope he does leave, backing or not, because he’s far too good for Newcastle.

Online Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 01:27:10 pm »
I don’t subscribe to the Rafa is too good for this club mentality even though I get what you’re coming from. We’re all technically too good to be supporters of a club owned by MA. Rather I’m always of the opinion the that he and we can weather the MA storm. I fear where we go and our demise if Rafa goes and we fall apart for good.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 01:47:54 pm »
I think he was signed purely as a squad filler. Once we didn’t get Jordan Lukaku it was simply about getting a body in just in case anything happened to Ritchie/Dummett/Kenedy.
?s=21

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 02:04:41 pm »
I love Rafa but I don’t think he should pick his left backs anymore 😂

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #296 on: Thursday 11 April 2019, 03:48:01 am »
I don’t subscribe to the Rafa is too good for this club mentality even though I get what you’re coming from. We’re all technically too good to be supporters of a club owned by MA. Rather I’m always of the opinion the that he and we can weather the MA storm. I fear where we go and our demise if Rafa goes and we fall apart for good.

He’s far too good for us, by which I mean professionally, as manager of these players, the club we are under Ashley and  the kind of budget he works with etc. I.e. the club in the realm of the now and present. Newcastle United as an idea of course for us is the greatest football club in the world as the song goes, no doubt even if only in our own heads and based on nothing but sentiment and unconditional devotion. But in reality, Rafa is CL and we are Championship. Again he’s far too good for us.

Offline thenige

• General Member
« Reply #297 on: Thursday 11 April 2019, 12:46:08 pm »
I love Rafa but I don’t think he should pick his left backs anymore 😂

Don't worry. He doesn't.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #298 on: Sunday 12 May 2019, 06:50:42 pm »
The absence of Antonio Barreca confirmed him as the Newcastle player with the shortest-ever competitive senior career for the club - a whole four minutes against Spurs at Wembley.

Offline Chicane

• General Member
« Reply #299 on: Sunday 12 May 2019, 06:57:06 pm »
Definitely a name to remember for future quiz situations.