Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 135492 times)

neesy111, geordiesteve710 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #4600 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 02:29:43 pm »
Change UK splitting to the Lib Dem’s already. Just merge and call it a failed project ffs.

Why would anyone have them? LDs seem to have rebounded reasonably well before this news and this will hopefully persuade anyone thinking of voting for the Chukkers to side with the LDs / Greens / SNP / Plaid.

Was thinking more for the next GE. They’ll probably all lose their seats but they are all sitting MPs so will likely have a small band of local support regardless.

It'll be interesting to see in which constituencies they stand. I'll bet a penny to a pound of s*** that ex-tories will stand in different constituencies to the ones in which they are currently elected, and the ex-labour will stand in their own constituencies. If the party still exists by then.

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #4601 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:41:30 pm »
It'll be interesting to see in which constituencies they stand. I'll bet a penny to a pound of s*** that ex-tories will stand in different constituencies to the ones in which they are currently elected, and the ex-labour will stand in their own constituencies. If the party still exists by then.

Two ex-Lab and one ex-Tory in marginals (including Soubry) where it could be interesting if the incumbent pushed for a three-way split, the rest are in what were previously safe seats and would surely face the chop if they stood again under their new colours.

Most likely they'll all be out tbh, I don't see what they are offering to anyone. Their polling will be rock bottom within a few months.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4602 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:57:09 pm »

Two ex-Lab and one ex-Tory in marginals (including Soubry) where it could be interesting if the incumbent pushed for a three-way split, the rest are in what were previously safe seats and would surely face the chop if they stood again under their new colours.

Most likely they'll all be out tbh, I don't see what they are offering to anyone. Their polling will be rock bottom within a few months.

Oh yeah, not a chance they'll get elected (xcept maybe Chukka).But their share of the vote can have significant influence on who does.

Online Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #4603 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:32:14 pm »
They'd have to successfully put themselves up as candidates though. They can't even achieve that at the moment. Had to laugh when it was revealed that Femi Remainbot was their great hope for Peterborough. The guy loses every debate he's a part of.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4604 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 11:55:28 pm »
They'd have to successfully put themselves up as candidates though. They can't even achieve that at the moment. Had to laugh when it was revealed that Femi Remainbot was their great hope for Peterborough. The guy loses every debate he's a part of.

I don't think any of them are interested in putting themselves up for EU election, whilst our future membership remains in doubt. I'm pretty sure they won't struggle to put up MPs for election.

Obviously the whole charade might collapse, in which case Iwould expect the tories to scuttle back and the labour gang to join Lib Dems. Chukka would walk Streatham, with the Lib Dems.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4605 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 08:34:45 am »
Anybody who brings up the world wars when arguing for Brexit, should be instantly chucked in the sea tbh.

Nowt worse than people bringing up the war.

https://youtu.be/vQ-e2lKJv0M?t=4777

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #4606 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:22:36 am »
If that's your conclusion from watching him, then I really don't know what to say.  He's already been on LBC and shown up Farage for the charlatan that he is,

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4607 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:57:44 am »
If that's your conclusion from watching him, then I really don't know what to say.  He's already been on LBC and shown up Farage for the charlatan that he is,

Did Farage need to be shown up for the charlatan he is? I've been aware of that since the whole horrid mess began. The perfect candidate for the role he was given.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4608 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 01:50:49 pm »

:lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4609 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 04:47:10 pm »
christ
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #4610 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 04:49:18 pm »

:lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4611 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:20:53 pm »
christ

It's really quite tragic.  They never considered how far they got in their careers was down to the gravy train the got on.  That goes for all MPs in general, Tories, Labour and Lib Dems, you need to have something if you're going to wander off and start a new party.  Every one of them, with the exceptions of maybe Umunna, Soubry and Berger, are total bystanders.  What's worse though, is they don't even realise it.  Mike Gapes. :iamatwat:  Chris Leslie. :iamatwat:

Yet, of those three, none of them have a big enough set of balls to say, "look, this is s*** what we're doing, I'll be leader and ready the ship and this is how it'll be".  Instead, they're all tiptoeing around each other pretending to be incredibly nice and decent thoughtful people, letting Heidi naff her way through every opportunity she's unfairly given.  Too scared to make concrete decisions and failing awesomely.  It'll be great when they're gone, should have dropped the ego and joined the Libs where they could have continued to be passengers on a train, and one of the brighter ones could have been a future leader one day.

Objectivity aside, it's all absolutely beautiful to watch. :aww:   
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4612 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:24:00 pm »

:lol: :anguish:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4613 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:24:03 pm »
It's not all Farage. Although I've little doubt he'll be the most regular on the BBC.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4614 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:29:44 pm »
years too late but honestly think the press are turning on farage...non-print anyways, and non-bbc

?s=20

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4615 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:37:12 pm »
Naturally. His manufactured popularity is no longer useful. It's a burden. Time to destroy the monster. He'll be alright, though.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4616 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:41:54 pm »
Won't make a blind bit of difference. Right wing populism ain't going anywhere. The patriots will never settle, they have the taste now.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4617 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:49:42 pm »
Won't make a blind bit of difference. Right wing populism ain't going anywhere.

It will make a lot of difference. People will distance themselves from him (those who lacked the sense to steer clear, in the  first place), and by relentless association, the brexit party. As long as they don't win as many votes as the collective opposition (the only objective), then we have our evidence that the nation has changed it's mind, and reasonable claim to a second referendum.

A friend on facebook had the temerity to claim people voting for the brexit party, were using the EU elections as a second referendum.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4618 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:50:17 pm »
Won't make a blind bit of difference. Right wing populism ain't going anywhere. The patriots will never settle, they have the taste now.

oh no you're absolutely right...it's kind of infuriating how well he's played this because he's got a massive portion of the electorate who will follow him whatever he says or does...he's not even entertaining discourse with these reporters now :lol:

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4619 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 06:55:19 pm »

oh no you're absolutely right...it's kind of infuriating how well he's played this because he's got a massive portion of the electorate who will follow him whatever he says or does...he's not even entertaining discourse with these reporters now :lol:

Aye, playing the media a blinder for his core support. Bannon knows his game tbf to him, primed him well. He’s everywhere getting his message across and in this post truth/facts era repeating is the key. The game is moving the Tories right and it’s working to the max.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4620 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 07:07:43 pm »
It's not all Farage. Although I've little doubt he'll be the most regular on the BBC.

That was a rather refreshing discussion.

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #4621 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 01:21:15 am »
Disco is right, the media will keep paying attention to his bullshit and he will continue on.

Exposes don't change much as they don't particularly care. Trumpism basically.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4622 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:48:38 am »
In shock news the cross party talks have collapsed. What a couple of useless f***s.

Enjoying https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys going after the Brexit Party's true intentions with their new line of posters.
« Last Edit: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:58:53 am by Disco »

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4623 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 11:02:24 am »
So there won't be a meaningful vote 4 now?

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4624 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 11:04:51 am »
In shock news the cross party talks have collapsed. What a couple of useless f***s.

as predictable as the incoming news of collapse of rafa talks

Sleep now in the fire