Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 96629 times)

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #4625 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 11:17:22 am »
The Guardian calling the north-east, Brexit Central.
This is a 'newspaper' that is supposed to be aware of what's happening in the country, and yet they ignore the fact that Newcaste voted to Remain?
Another reason to open the private education system to bright state pupils.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #4626 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 08:55:58 pm »
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4627 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 08:59:56 pm »
MEANINGFUL VOTE 4!¬¬¬
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4628 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 09:03:30 pm »
:lol: we fought against the EU in two world wars?

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4629 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 09:56:31 pm »

I don't think "woman" can be taken as representative of anything.

Offline bhoywhonder

• General Member
« Reply #4630 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 10:38:25 pm »

Really? because I think it can. And I have heard views identical to this 'woman' a f*cking hell of a lot in the last few months.
Newcastle é conhecido por ser o paraíso das skanks no UK

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4631 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 10:52:23 pm »

Really? because I think it can. And I have heard views identical to this 'woman' a f*cking hell of a lot in the last few months.

I stand corrected.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4632 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 02:04:26 am »

:lol:  So basically let them batter us until Russia and the US come and intervene?

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4633 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 07:28:46 am »
Anybody who brings up the world wars when arguing for Brexit, should be instantly chucked in the sea tbh.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4634 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:35:36 am »
Change UK splitting to the Lib Dem’s already. Just merge and call it a failed project ffs.

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #4635 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 12:57:57 pm »
Change UK splitting to the Lib Dem’s already. Just merge and call it a failed project ffs.

Why would anyone have them? LDs seem to have rebounded reasonably well before this news and this will hopefully persuade anyone thinking of voting for the Chukkers to side with the LDs / Greens / SNP / Plaid.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #4636 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 01:21:54 pm »
The only way they could have branded worse would have been:

Change UK - vote for the status quo
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #4637 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 01:26:57 pm »
The only way they could have branded worse would have been:

Change UK - vote for the status quo

:thup:

An absolutely terrible band.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4638 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 02:16:44 pm »

Why would anyone have them? LDs seem to have rebounded reasonably well before this news and this will hopefully persuade anyone thinking of voting for the Chukkers to side with the LDs / Greens / SNP / Plaid.

Was thinking more for the next GE. They’ll probably all lose their seats but they are all sitting MPs so will likely have a small band of local support regardless.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4639 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 02:29:43 pm »

Was thinking more for the next GE. They’ll probably all lose their seats but they are all sitting MPs so will likely have a small band of local support regardless.

It'll be interesting to see in which constituencies they stand. I'll bet a penny to a pound of s*** that ex-tories will stand in different constituencies to the ones in which they are currently elected, and the ex-labour will stand in their own constituencies. If the party still exists by then.

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #4640 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:41:30 pm »
It'll be interesting to see in which constituencies they stand. I'll bet a penny to a pound of s*** that ex-tories will stand in different constituencies to the ones in which they are currently elected, and the ex-labour will stand in their own constituencies. If the party still exists by then.

Two ex-Lab and one ex-Tory in marginals (including Soubry) where it could be interesting if the incumbent pushed for a three-way split, the rest are in what were previously safe seats and would surely face the chop if they stood again under their new colours.

Most likely they'll all be out tbh, I don't see what they are offering to anyone. Their polling will be rock bottom within a few months.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4641 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 03:57:09 pm »

Two ex-Lab and one ex-Tory in marginals (including Soubry) where it could be interesting if the incumbent pushed for a three-way split, the rest are in what were previously safe seats and would surely face the chop if they stood again under their new colours.

Most likely they'll all be out tbh, I don't see what they are offering to anyone. Their polling will be rock bottom within a few months.

Oh yeah, not a chance they'll get elected (xcept maybe Chukka).But their share of the vote can have significant influence on who does.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #4642 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:32:14 pm »
They'd have to successfully put themselves up as candidates though. They can't even achieve that at the moment. Had to laugh when it was revealed that Femi Remainbot was their great hope for Peterborough. The guy loses every debate he's a part of.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4643 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 11:55:28 pm »
They'd have to successfully put themselves up as candidates though. They can't even achieve that at the moment. Had to laugh when it was revealed that Femi Remainbot was their great hope for Peterborough. The guy loses every debate he's a part of.

I don't think any of them are interested in putting themselves up for EU election, whilst our future membership remains in doubt. I'm pretty sure they won't struggle to put up MPs for election.

Obviously the whole charade might collapse, in which case Iwould expect the tories to scuttle back and the labour gang to join Lib Dems. Chukka would walk Streatham, with the Lib Dems.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4644 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 08:34:45 am »
Anybody who brings up the world wars when arguing for Brexit, should be instantly chucked in the sea tbh.

Nowt worse than people bringing up the war.

https://youtu.be/vQ-e2lKJv0M?t=4777

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #4645 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:22:36 am »
If that's your conclusion from watching him, then I really don't know what to say.  He's already been on LBC and shown up Farage for the charlatan that he is,

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4646 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 10:57:44 am »
If that's your conclusion from watching him, then I really don't know what to say.  He's already been on LBC and shown up Farage for the charlatan that he is,

Did Farage need to be shown up for the charlatan he is? I've been aware of that since the whole horrid mess began. The perfect candidate for the role he was given.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4647 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 01:50:49 pm »

:lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4648 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 04:47:10 pm »
christ
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children