Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 96844 times)

Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #5125 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 12:59:41 am »
Absolutely grim watching the BBC allow anyone and everyone associated with Brexit go on as if BP have taken 50%+. :anguish:

Few results I've seen have the LDs and Greens ahead of Brexit Party when you pool them together. Not heard one mention of that, unfortunately. Add Lab and Tory too and the waters are a lot more murky than is being made out. Don't think it's intention, though. Just f***ing stupid.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5126 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:03:48 am »
The dream of no deal moves closer. So many millions can be made to suffer for their crimes of ruining the lives of the proper English.

« Reply #5127 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:06:14 am »
Mmmm. Tax dodging.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #5128 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:06:42 am »
Salvini's League Party romp to victory in Italy.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5129 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:08:54 am »
Parliament has said it doesn't want no deal, can't see how it could possibly allow that to go on the ballot.

Parliament had a moment in which to take control of proceedings: within the space of a handful of hours across the total span of less than a week, it came within a whisker of reaching a simple majority on a customs union, single market membership, and a second referendum. Instead of continuing down that path Corbyn and the Labour Party joined the Conservatives for a month of talks behind closed doors that inevitably amounted to nothing at all. Now we're faced with the rise of the Brexit Party and a new Tory leader. I think anyone who would vote for no deal is a liar, a cheat, an idiot, or all three, but the option is on the table.

Otherwise what would be on the ballot? How would any right-wing rhetoric tally with a choice between remain or May's deal, when May's deal has been utterly discredited? There'd surely have to be at least one other choice.

As long as the tories remain in govt. there is no option that will be delivered to benefit the people of the UK, that much is clear. Any deal this bunch agree will be purgatory, and likely inescapable. We need the tories out of government before we take any definite steps in any direction. I'd take no deal, preserving the possibility of a good deal, but no way do I want these c***s setting out to sell the UK to the world. Imagine Mark Francois trying to sell the virtues of the UK to the world.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5130 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:11:46 am »
Parliament has said it doesn't want no deal, can't see how it could possibly allow that to go on the ballot.

Parliament had a moment in which to take control of proceedings: within the space of a handful of hours across the total span of less than a week, it came within a whisker of reaching a simple majority on a customs union, single market membership, and a second referendum. Instead of continuing down that path Corbyn and the Labour Party joined the Conservatives for a month of talks behind closed doors that inevitably amounted to nothing at all. Now we're faced with the rise of the Brexit Party and a new Tory leader. I think anyone who would vote for no deal is a liar, a cheat, an idiot, or all three, but the option is on the table.

Otherwise what would be on the ballot? How would any right-wing rhetoric tally with a choice between remain or May's deal, when May's deal has been utterly discredited? There'd surely have to be at least one other choice.

As long as the tories remain in govt. there is no option that will be delivered to benefit the people of the UK, that much is clear. Any deal this bunch agree will be purgatory, and likely inescapable. We need the tories out of government before we take any definite steps in any direction. I'd take no deal, preserving the possibility of a good deal, but no way do I want these c***s setting out to sell the UK to the world. Imagine Mark Francois trying to sell the virtues of the UK to the world.

:lol::lol:

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5131 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:17:56 am »
Mad how less hate fuelled Scotland is, reckon the English patriots are gasping for independence even more than the Scots these days.

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #5132 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:25:15 am »
Labour's position is clear to me at leavd but remain closely aligned as possible.

They see it as respecting the vote which makes a lot of sense to me (if your position is to respect the highly flawed vote that is).

Its actually amusing watching the battle of political ideology vs political pragmatism though.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #5133 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:30:51 am »
Absolutely grim watching the BBC allow anyone and everyone associated with Brexit go on as if BP have taken 50%+. :anguish:

Few results I've seen have the LDs and Greens ahead of Brexit Party when you pool them together. Not heard one mention of that, unfortunately. Add Lab and Tory too and the waters are a lot more murky than is being made out. Don't think it's intention, though. Just f***ing stupid.

Mental isn't it?! Even in Farage's own region the 2 remain parties beat him, yet that f***ing ham Mark Francois is allowed to trumpet on unapposed about this being an unequivocal vote for Brexit at any cost. :anguish:
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5134 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:32:20 am »
Mad how less hate fuelled Scotland is, reckon the English patriots are gasping for independence even more than the Scots these days.

The target of Scotland's relative hate is England. Funny that.

I wonder what percentage of Scotland's support for the EU, is actually a protest vote, in order to realise their own independence.
« Last Edit: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:42:35 am by sadnesstan »

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5135 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 01:42:05 am »
Labour's position is clear to me at leavd but remain closely aligned as possible.

They see it as respecting the vote which makes a lot of sense to me (if your position is to respect the highly flawed vote that is).

Its actually amusing watching the battle of political ideology vs political pragmatism though.

It's been clear as day since the outset. It's continuously repeated, and repeatedly ignored, every time the media make the accusation. Why? Because sowing the seeds of uncertainty will drive the average leaver away. Also people seem to misunderstand the simplest elements of the English language, such as the difference between 'a' and 'the'. A customs union is not the customs union, again though, deliberately done to drive away the average leaver.

Hyperbolic bullshit it may be, but "will of the people" is the narrative, and it's being used to attack the Labour party's reputation as the party of the people. It's all they have left and the b******s will win the next election, on the back of it.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5136 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 02:29:04 am »
Massive turnout in Spain, because they co-ordinated with local elections. What a clever idea. Oh, but our law, that prevents exit polls [for EU elections, only] would make things complicated.

Also a rise of the left in Spain flies in the face of the narrative.

Overall the angry purple of the 'nations & freedom' will be reported as a far right uprising, obviously. I don't think it's as simple as that. Spain can be seen as an example of how the left will vote, if engaged, in their numbers.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5137 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 03:23:31 am »
According to the BBC;

"In Greece, the government performed so badly they called a snap election".

We could do that, if the government had a leader to fight an election. The timing is uncanny.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5138 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 04:18:39 am »
Just a thought in respect of the relationship between politics and the media;

How do people expect  the EU, or any other European government, to work? We rely on our media to hold our government accountable (it's one of the principles upon which our democracy stands) but how does that apply to a European government? Does each nation expect their own media to hold them accountable for their country, or do we expect a European media to hold them to account on behalf of Europeans? The first option seems to be our present state, which (when you think about it) can only ever lead to a rise in nationalist populism. The second option is interesting. It would seem to be the best option, but when you consider the media representation of the varied voices of the UK, the thought of any attempts to represent the average European is laughable.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #5139 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 08:41:50 am »

If you strip out the Labour and Conservative votes it's 38% for Remain parties, 37% Leave.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #5140 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 08:47:49 am »

That's McDonnell, Thornberry, Starmer and Watson all openly advocating a People's Vote - Corbyn has to come on board now surely?

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #5141 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 08:49:18 am »
well f*** me sideways, who knew putting a boot on their neck might get them to wake the f*** up

w*****s
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #5142 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 08:51:43 am »
What did they think was going to happen?

SS2 Paul Dummett - power level - over 9000

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #5143 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 09:00:51 am »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #5144 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 09:42:09 am »
:lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #5145 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 09:45:21 am »
 :lol:

See also Carl of Swindon and that Nazi dog creep.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #5146 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 10:16:55 am »
well f*** me sideways, who knew putting a boot on their neck might get them to wake the f*** up

w*****s

I have nowt against them finally endorsing a second referendum, but you just know the leave element are going to go scorched earth on it.  I've been on twitter 5 minutes already and can see it. :anguish:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online hakka

• General Member
« Reply #5147 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 10:29:19 am »

How can he even try to be an MEP under his alias name? surely he'd have to give his real name?

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #5148 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 10:44:50 am »

That's McDonnell, Thornberry, Starmer and Watson all openly advocating a People's Vote - Corbyn has to come on board now surely?

Lots of talk of 'public vote' - which based on past fudging applies also to a General Election so they can keep calling in vain for a GE to avoid the second referendum question. So not really any change from the current entrenched position- unless he's used different terminology in other media.

I'd love to ban the phrase 'People's Vote', as if the first Ref wasn't one. Those behind the drive deliberately avoided 'second referendum' but now PV comes across as condescending and misleading. Call it what it is and justify why it should take place.

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #5149 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 10:52:25 am »

The target of Scotland's relative hate is England. Funny that.

I wonder what percentage of Scotland's support for the EU, is actually a protest vote, in order to realise their own independence.

Some utter s**** posted there mate. The so-called 'hate' of England just isn't true at all. Most people up here look at England with a sort of open-mouthed disbelief  at the rise of the right. Scotland's support for the EU is probably more to do with the fact that most people up here don't ascribe to the little-england ww2 rhetoric, and realise that remaining is by far the most sensible thing to do for the country.