Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 134822 times)

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • ephemera
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #5125 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 08:25:14 pm »
I spoiled my ballot in this latest; no idea what I'd do for a GE though, if it came to it.  I do believe in social consciousness and Corbyn is absolutely a natural fit for me but they're currently just tacking about looking for a political wind just as much as any of the other iterations of Labour over the past couple of decades.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5126 on: Monday 27 May 2019, 08:43:17 pm »
The sooner the end of the two main political parties the better imo.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #5127 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 12:09:22 pm »
Labour are going to support a second referendum on all potential deals.  Looking forward to the 20% increase in support.  Or will there be something else now.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #5128 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 12:19:10 pm »
Labour finally turning their back on the working class as they shove their noses up the hoops of the South East in an attempt to prepare for a GE by backing a second ref.  :cheesy:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #5129 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 12:21:32 pm »
Labour are going to support a second referendum on all potential deals.  Looking forward to the 20% increase in support.  Or will there be something else now.

they should have made this jump the moment the details of May's deal were known, they'd be in a much stronger place now
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5130 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 12:21:47 pm »
Ah yes, working class people never voted remain at all.  In fact, I think there's some research that shows that claim is pretty much wrong on all counts.  I'll try find it at some point. 
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #5131 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 12:23:49 pm »
Turning their back on leave voting members of the working class whilst still being the partying of the working class.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #5132 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 12:25:48 pm »
Good timing  :lol:

An investigation into whether the Labour Party "unlawfully discriminated against, harassed or victimised people because they are Jewish" has been launched by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC).

A Labour Party spokesperson said: "Labour is fully committed to the support, defence and celebration of the Jewish community and is implacably opposed to antisemitism in any form.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #5133 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 12:27:41 pm »
Pipe down man I was jesting.  :lol:

Labour have no choice but to move to a position of backing a second ref.  Id even say they need to bin Corbyn off.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5134 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 01:29:02 pm »

Labour have no choice but to move to a position of backing a second ref.  Id even say they need to bin Corbyn off.

Fair enough, this is what I was talking about though.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/brexit-and-the-squeezed-middle/

Don't agree they should bin Corbyn though, that would be taking the Left for granted, again.  He's got a big base, that helps in any election.  f*** that off and we're back in the centre-left tumble that is savaging all the same parties across europe and the world.`

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #5135 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 01:46:02 pm »
Good timing  :lol:

An investigation into whether the Labour Party "unlawfully discriminated against, harassed or victimised people because they are Jewish" has been launched by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC).

A Labour Party spokesperson said: "Labour is fully committed to the support, defence and celebration of the Jewish community and is implacably opposed to antisemitism in any form.

just heard this on the radio, it's incredible man :lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #5136 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 01:49:58 pm »

Don't agree they should bin Corbyn though, that would be taking the Left for granted, again.  He's got a big base, that helps in any election.  f*** that off and we're back in the centre-left tumble that is savaging all the same parties across europe and the world.`

I've speed read through it and it makes a fair point(s).  Its not what i'm seeing or picking up when i'm talking to people.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #5137 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 02:01:46 pm »
Ah yes, working class people never voted remain at all.  In fact, I think there's some research that shows that claim is pretty much wrong on all counts.  I'll try find it at some point.

Aye, it's the same fallacy as painting Trump supporters as illiterate, inbred rednecks.
They're actually the wealthy, older and middle-class.
Probably same here.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #5138 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 02:19:56 pm »
A couple of good books to have a read through are:

National Populism: The Revolt against Liberal Democracy by Roger Eatwell and Matthew Goodwin.
The Retreat Of Western Liberalism by Edward Luce

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5139 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 03:06:05 pm »

I've speed read through it and it makes a fair point(s).  Its not what i'm seeing or picking up when i'm talking to people.

Aye, I'm the same, although I'd say I've talked to equal amounts on both sides.  Anecdotally you're always going to be able to find evidence to the contrary. 

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #5140 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 03:07:25 pm »

Aye, I'm the same, although I'd say I've talked to equal amounts on both sides.  Anecdotally you're always going to be able to find evidence to the contrary. 

True, I suppose a true measure of where Labour are actually at with the public and its members would be to have a GE.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5141 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 12:31:06 pm »

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #5142 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 12:58:16 pm »
Can't blame them. I'm amazed we got one to October.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5143 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 01:31:54 pm »
It should really have been longer to begin with, but May was ever delusional.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #5144 on: Saturday 1 June 2019, 10:35:06 pm »

Tony Blair pretty much spot on here

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #5145 on: Saturday 1 June 2019, 10:52:25 pm »
This fucka not in jail yet ?
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #5146 on: Sunday 2 June 2019, 12:51:11 am »
He may be a warmongering c*** but if anyone wants to argue any of his points feel free.

Online Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #5147 on: Sunday 2 June 2019, 12:59:42 am »
He absolutely nails it.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #5148 on: Sunday 2 June 2019, 01:26:36 am »

Tony Blair pretty much spot on here

Brilliant clip.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #5149 on: Sunday 2 June 2019, 09:35:43 am »
Pity nobody made that speech before the referendum tbh.