Author Topic: Wedding s****  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
Wedding s****
« on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 06:30:07 pm »
I’m going to get married at some point this year, I think we’re gonna try and have it in the north east.

Anyone got any ideas or experienced any nice, relatively large venues that aren’t daft expensive? We liked the look of Blackfriars but you obviously can’t get outside catering, and their veggie/vegan stuff isn’t very inspiring.

Looked into getting a big room at the Baltic, amazing views etc but they don’t allow outside catering either.

Any nice options in Tynemouth or Whitley Bay?
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
Re: Wedding s****
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 06:33:16 pm »
Not the NE but I can highly recommend getting a big f*** off barn for the week and buying all your beers and wines on a booze cruise and thus having space for most people to stay plus a free bar for guests. There’ll be loads of farm land type places like that.

SS2 Paul Dummett - power level - over 9000

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 06:35:23 pm »
The grand hotel in Tynemouth is very popular for weddings, and not crazy expensive.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 07:28:44 pm »
Main thing is wherever it is you choose make sure the drinks are cheap for your guests. Always a key ingredient to a good wedding.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • eŗ̼̱͉̮ͨaͨ̆ͨ͌̿̚҉̞̝̖̼͕s̜̦ͣͧͥ̒̾̌ͭeyou̿̓ŗ̼̱͉̮ͨmi͒nd
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 07:33:24 pm »
You don't pay for your guests drinks?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 07:45:28 pm »
St Mary’s Lighthouse

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 08:34:20 pm »
Not the NE but I can highly recommend getting a big f*** off barn for the week and buying all your beers and wines on a booze cruise and thus having space for most people to stay plus a free bar for guests. There’ll be loads of farm land type places like that.

Aye, I’ve thought that was definitely an option like. I think this is what we would do if we could find the right venue to do it. A barn or an old warehouse that has some charm and do it ourselves. One problem is that my gal’s family are Muslim so the wedding has to have something about it other than the drinking, so we need to make the meal but a bit special too...on a budget haha
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 08:37:09 pm »
The grand hotel in Tynemouth is very popular for weddings, and not crazy expensive.

That’s where we got engaged :) it’s lush, not sure if it isn’t a bit small. Will check it out, the setting is amazing. Could even get married on the beach I suppose, or have the sesh down there :lol:

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 08:40:07 pm »
Congratulations!
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline Dr Venkman

• General Member
  • Alreet pet?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 09:16:34 pm »
Tynemouth
  • Grand Hotel
  • Crusoe's (on Longsands Beach)
  • Park Hotel (big, but a bit grim)
  • Sailing Club (on the haven beach, my mate got married at St Mary's Lighthouse and had his party there in a marquee on the roof)
  • Watch house (up from the haven)

I've been to wedding's at all of those venues, there's probably more but that's just off the top of my head.

« Reply #10 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 09:20:03 pm »
Wedding at the Watch House would be mint.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 09:22:56 pm »
Get Greggs to cater it.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 09:24:18 pm »
Vegan sausage rolls all round.

Offline Dr Venkman

• General Member
  • Alreet pet?
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 09:26:24 pm »
Wedding at the Watch House would be mint.

DJ'd my mates wedding party there, roughly 2005, was a roar.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 09:50:29 pm »
Tynemouth
  • Grand Hotel
  • Crusoe's (on Longsands Beach)
  • Park Hotel (big, but a bit grim)
  • Sailing Club (on the haven beach, my mate got married at St Mary's Lighthouse and had his party there in a marquee on the roof)
  • Watch house (up from the haven)

I've been to wedding's at all of those venues, there's probably more but that's just off the top of my head.

Watch House looks interesting! Cheers. Can you stay late there?

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 10:00:09 pm »
Check this site out.  Book a place and just do the lot your self.  Also make sure if you get married you get some custom t&c on it as you as basically you are both making commitments that nobody cant stick to.  Really if you get married its for life no matter how much she cheats on you

https://www.groupaccommodation.com/

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 10:39:58 pm »
:lol: thanks Slim, can always count on you.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 10:40:37 pm »

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 10:49:30 pm »
NO stag doo yeah?

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 3 January 2019, 11:03:12 pm »
Mildly disappointed this isn't an anecdote about the logistics of taking a s**** on your wedding day.

Congratulations anyway

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Friday 4 January 2019, 09:34:15 am »
Went to a wedding at the George Washington golf club last year and the vegan food was fantastic.

Offline SuperFlat

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Friday 4 January 2019, 09:41:05 am »
We got married at the Baltic, and the vegan options they provided were decent. Amazing venue, and fantastic staff, too. :thup:

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #22 on: Friday 4 January 2019, 10:15:26 am »
We got married at the Baltic, and the vegan options they provided were decent. Amazing venue, and fantastic staff, too. :thup:

So you used Six for the catering then? We would do it right now but we want to have a vegetarian if not possibly vegan wedding. I know they're quite highly rated but I'm pretty uninspired by their vegan/vegetarian options on their regular menu. Food is very important to us in terms of a celebration so it would have to be really good, not just okay.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #23 on: Friday 4 January 2019, 10:17:27 am »
Went to a wedding at the George Washington golf club last year and the vegan food was fantastic.

I'll check it out :thup:

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Friday 4 January 2019, 10:24:51 am »

So you used Six for the catering then? We would do it right now but we want to have a vegetarian if not possibly vegan wedding. I know they're quite highly rated but I'm pretty uninspired by their vegan/vegetarian options on their regular menu. Food is very important to us in terms of a celebration so it would have to be really good, not just okay.

I think they'll tailor it depending on budget. Were you looking at hiring the floor inside the BALTIC? My lass' bro got married there and they just let them decorate as they wanted so if you're looking to save money on that side that could a goer. They had it really basic with just a few candles and other odds and ends.