Author Topic: Miguel Almirón - not currently not uninjured  (Read 90298 times)

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
Re: Miguel Almirón
« Reply #1775 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 07:46:50 am »
Not really sure if it’s been mentioned but i loved it the other day when someone played the ball out to him on the left, he did a little drop of the shoulder and used his pace to burst past the defender.  Hope we see more play like that as he starts to settle in 👍
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #1776 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 03:59:23 pm »
Nice run to win the free kick for the goal

Online Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1777 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 04:39:27 pm »
Was watching this earlier. His ex teammates rate him so highly.  :aww:

So glad he’s our now.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #1778 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:02:20 pm »
Ignorediron, amirite?

Online LV

• General Member
« Reply #1779 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:04:22 pm »
Ignorediron, amirite?

Missed the match today. Did it happen again?

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1780 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:07:51 pm »
Ignorediron, amirite?

Missed the match today. Did it happen again?

Yep except the worst culprit today was Diame.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1781 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:11:09 pm »

said that to my old man, him having that in his locker brings so much to the team overall it's mental how much difference he's made to us in such a short amount of time
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1782 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:13:49 pm »

said that to my old man, him having that in his locker brings so much to the team overall it's mental how much difference he's made to us in such a short amount of time

Only thing we currently have is nobody in the side to make use of his pace, the only one really able to play the ball over the top is Shelvey and he's not in the team

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1783 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:15:29 pm »

Only thing we currently have is nobody in the side to make use of his pace, the only one really able to play the ball over the top is Shelvey and he's not in the team

aye been saying the same, it's a problem in that it's a nice one to have

if we ever manage to exploit the quality and pace of his runs consistently he'll do some real damage
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1784 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:23:13 pm »

aye been saying the same, it's a problem in that it's a nice one to have

if we ever manage to exploit the quality and pace of his runs consistently he'll do some real damage

That combination has danger written all over it. When it happens it could be explosive. Like Gillespie and Asprilla vs Barca. Could happen against Arsenal.

Offline covmag

• General Member
  • great stuff
« Reply #1785 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:24:57 pm »
Easing him In nicely and we look a more complete team now he’s here, great buy  O0
Ashley please just f*** off

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1786 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:31:37 pm »
As frustrating as it can be, I don't have a problem with him not always being given the ball. That would make us just as predictable as before, whereas his presence gives us that variety of options. He's been brilliant, but he hasn't really drawn too much attention to himself, which is good.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #1787 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 10:43:25 pm »
10 points, 9 goals from the 5 games he's started.

He will improve. Pre season will be useful for him IMO but it's clear he creates space and gives us something different.

Offline Disco

« Reply #1788 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 10:49:39 pm »
Was just thinking his obvious pace works as a double threat. Not only in behind as shown today and is per normal but also in forcing defences to drop deeper against us. This brings Rondy into play more as a penalty box striker whilst also affording Perez a lot more time and space in the holes around between the lines where he thrives.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #1789 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 11:07:45 pm »
You're right Disco. I'm encouraged by him. We really needed this type of signing obviously.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #1790 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 11:25:28 pm »
Was just thinking his obvious pace works as a double threat. Not only in behind as shown today and is per normal but also in forcing defences to drop deeper against us. This brings Rondy into play more as a penalty box striker whilst also affording Perez a lot more time and space in the holes around between the lines where he thrives.

Offline Disco

« Reply #1791 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 02:25:40 pm »

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #1792 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 03:30:05 pm »
He’ll score for Paraguay during this international break.  Get a quid on it lads!  O0
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Online Sima

• General Member
« Reply #1793 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 05:51:28 pm »
Don’t like our player threads getting bumped on International breaks.  Fear of injury.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #1794 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 07:36:15 pm »
Please don't even say it  :)
This kid has me looking forward to the next match in a way that nobody has for a while and in complete contrast to the beginning of the season.
It's not just his searing pace and getting the crowd off their seats when he breaks, but the way he's changed the general dynamic of the team to a much more offensively minded unit. Love watching him.

Offline John P

• General Member
« Reply #1795 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 07:51:14 pm »
Love how in the Radio Newcastle commentary for the Bournemouth game they get excited when we're defending the corner and the ball breaks to him on the edge of our own box. Very few players who can drive 60 yards upfield with the ball from there to win a free kick on the edge of the opposition box.

Online ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #1796 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 07:57:46 pm »
He seems like a nice lad.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #1797 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 08:35:23 pm »
Love how in the Radio Newcastle commentary for the Bournemouth game they get excited when we're defending the corner and the ball breaks to him on the edge of our own box. Very few players who can drive 60 yards upfield with the ball from there to win a free kick on the edge of the opposition box.

And despite the really strong wind he had the ball under perfect control, at high pace, from receiving it until fouled.
Ben Arfaesque.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #1798 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 09:49:16 pm »

That smile needs to be converted into a drug and hooked right into my veins.

Please don't even say it  :)
This kid has me looking forward to the next match in a way that nobody has for a while and in complete contrast to the beginning of the season.
It's not just his searing pace and getting the crowd off their seats when he breaks, but the way he's changed the general dynamic of the team to a much more offensively minded unit. Love watching him.

:thup: :D
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1799 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 08:40:03 pm »
Interesting what John Hall says about him in the B&W podcast along the lines that he is being played in a reserved role to bring the best out of Rondon and Perez. Think there is an element of truth in this. Got the impression though by his comments that I don't think Mr Hall thinks he is going to be a big success. Interesting podcast by the way if anyone listens to it.