Author Topic: Miguel Almirón  (Read 98246 times)

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: Miguel Almirón
« Reply #1750 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 11:33:52 pm »
I think that's a load of nonsense tbh. They don't work well together but Ritchie has been a terrific professional since he signed for us; there's no way he's actively avoiding helping the team because he fancies himself.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1751 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:21:49 am »
I think that's a load of nonsense tbh. They don't work well together but Ritchie has been a terrific professional since he signed for us; there's no way he's actively avoiding helping the team because he fancies himself.

agree 100%.
this lad is a team player.
not passing to almiron on purpose, ffs.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1752 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:15:26 am »
Before Almiron arrived, Ritchie's biggest responsibility was to provide creativity, he's now doing a completely different job. It'll come, I'm sure.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #1753 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 10:56:00 am »

agree 100%.

I’ve seen it with my own eyes and I’m not alone. Everyone’s got an opinion and that’s cool if you don’t think it’s been happening in your opinion but in my opinion and in that of others Ritchie has been avoiding a pass to Almiron.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #1754 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:00:46 am »

agree 100%.

I’ve seen it with my own eyes and I’m not alone. Everyone’s got an opinion and that’s cool if you don’t think it’s been happening in your opinion but in my opinion and in that of others Ritchie has been avoiding a pass to Almiron.

I think it's more the insinuation that Richie has done this deliberately, like he's thought about it before hand. "I'm not passing to him", it's moronic.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #1755 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:02:11 am »
Matt Ritchie cannot melt steel beams

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #1756 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:30:34 am »
The problem with the argument that they’re both left sided players being the reason Ritchie doesn’t pass to him is that Ritchie constantly, at least 10 times since Almiron joined, cuts in to his right foot, not even in the final third and looks for a short pass inside realising he’s on his weaker foot and has little space rather than playing a sinple pass with his left to Almiron in space. So it’s not like when Ritchie does it it’s always because he has opportunity to cross.

Blatantly ignoring him I reckon and it’s infuriating to watch. Would love Kenedy to start, Ritchie seems to see more of the ball than any other player despite being one of our poorer players at this level, was the same with Dummett when he was at left back.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #1757 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:49:37 am »
I predict this lad will score a thunderbastard before the season is out.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #1758 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:52:26 am »
Haven't read that much opinion and I'm sure there are less smart people that aren't taken due to his goals/assist ratio despite us breaking our record on him, but the difference he's made since being here with his all-round play is nothing short of phenomenal, we look like an football team capable of actually playing football since his arrival.

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛
« Reply #1759 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 11:56:23 am »
Hope we stop playing him on the left side,he looked better in more central positions later in that second half yesterday.
"The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #1760 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:02:16 pm »
Haven't read that much opinion and I'm sure there are less smart people that aren't taken due to his goals/assist ratio despite us breaking our record on him, but the difference he's made since being here with his all-round play is nothing short of phenomenal, we look like an football team capable of actually playing football since his arrival.
Tbf we were playing well the month or so before he arrived as well. Disappointingly I haven't been able to see much of us lately so can't really comment much on him
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1761 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:03:28 pm »
I thought he was pretty poor for the first two thirds of the game but finished strongly

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1762 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 05:08:13 am »
I thought he was pretty poor for the first two thirds of the game but finished strongly

I imagine we'll see that quite a lot. He's clearly our biggest danger and will be treated as such, but that's exactly what we've always needed.

It's down to the rest of the team to capitalise.

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #1763 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 07:46:50 am »
Not really sure if it’s been mentioned but i loved it the other day when someone played the ball out to him on the left, he did a little drop of the shoulder and used his pace to burst past the defender.  Hope we see more play like that as he starts to settle in 👍
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #1764 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 03:59:23 pm »
Nice run to win the free kick for the goal

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1765 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 04:39:27 pm »
Was watching this earlier. His ex teammates rate him so highly.  :aww:

So glad he’s our now.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #1766 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 05:02:20 pm »
Ignorediron, amirite?

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #1767 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:04:22 pm »
Ignorediron, amirite?

Missed the match today. Did it happen again?

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1768 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:07:51 pm »
Ignorediron, amirite?

Missed the match today. Did it happen again?

Yep except the worst culprit today was Diame.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1769 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:11:09 pm »

said that to my old man, him having that in his locker brings so much to the team overall it's mental how much difference he's made to us in such a short amount of time
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1770 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:13:49 pm »

said that to my old man, him having that in his locker brings so much to the team overall it's mental how much difference he's made to us in such a short amount of time

Only thing we currently have is nobody in the side to make use of his pace, the only one really able to play the ball over the top is Shelvey and he's not in the team

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1771 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:15:29 pm »

Only thing we currently have is nobody in the side to make use of his pace, the only one really able to play the ball over the top is Shelvey and he's not in the team

aye been saying the same, it's a problem in that it's a nice one to have

if we ever manage to exploit the quality and pace of his runs consistently he'll do some real damage
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1772 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:23:13 pm »

aye been saying the same, it's a problem in that it's a nice one to have

if we ever manage to exploit the quality and pace of his runs consistently he'll do some real damage

That combination has danger written all over it. When it happens it could be explosive. Like Gillespie and Asprilla vs Barca. Could happen against Arsenal.

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #1773 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:24:57 pm »
Easing him In nicely and we look a more complete team now he’s here, great buy  O0
Ashley has killed my club

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1774 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 06:31:37 pm »
As frustrating as it can be, I don't have a problem with him not always being given the ball. That would make us just as predictable as before, whereas his presence gives us that variety of options. He's been brilliant, but he hasn't really drawn too much attention to himself, which is good.