Author Topic: Miguel Almirón - not currently not uninjured  (Read 90381 times)

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
Re: Miguel Almirón
« Reply #1725 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 09:25:18 am »
Thought the service to him was poor and he really didn't have much to work with. He'll do well for us and will only get better.

Offline jackyboy

• General Member
« Reply #1726 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 09:31:16 am »
His thinking seems really quick and he's 5 seconds ahead of Perez.  That miss by Perez early in the second half against West Ham just sums him up. Give him time to think and he's stuffed.  I would like to see Almirion playing as a number 10 off Rondon with an extra attacking midfield player for support.
I went out with a girl once and she asked me to kiss her where it was wet and smelly...........So I took her to Middlesbrough

Offline steve_69

• General Member
« Reply #1727 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 10:04:51 am »
Although he's been utter s**** this season I actually think Kenedy at left wing back rather than Ritchie would benefit Almiron - Ritchie's instinct is to go down the line and cross the ball in. If you watch the games again, the times when Ritchie ignores Almiron are when he's asking for the ball down the line, where Ritchie himself wants to end up. Kenedy is more comfortable coming inside onto his 'weaker' foot and makes less linear, formulaic runs, so that flexibility of movement would probably see Almiron getting the ball more.
Having said all that, Rafa might want Ritchie to make those down the lines runs, in which case Almiron needs to find space elsewhere which will come in time.
« Last Edit: Monday 4 March 2019, 11:38:55 am by steve_69 »

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #1728 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 10:11:58 am »
Thought he was absolutely fine on Saturday.  Slightly bemused as to why people would be in any way concerned by his performance.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #1729 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 12:37:29 pm »
Thought he was absolutely fine on Saturday.  Slightly bemused as to why people would be in any way concerned by his performance.

Same, he was fine. Gonna be absolutely cringeworthy seeing some of the overreactions if he actually does have a bad game.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1730 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 12:39:49 pm »

Same, he was fine. Gonna be absolutely cringeworthy seeing some of the overreactions if he actually does have a bad game.

I wouldn't worry too much, these people aren't very imaginative, they'll probably repeat the same s*** again.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Walk with Elias
« Reply #1731 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 04:59:17 pm »
How was he?

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #1732 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 05:03:22 pm »
How was he?
quiet first half, great 2nd/ Like most of the team tbf

Offline Aiston

• General Member
« Reply #1733 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 05:22:05 pm »
Put two or three very good crosses in during the first half still despite being quiet, just no one made the run or both players in the box made the same run/ dropped back.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • hope is a neon sign
« Reply #1734 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 05:27:30 pm »
Never stops running which is nice to see. Carries the ball well but sometimes forgets he's not still up against MLS defenders when he attempts to cut back or dribble past too slowly.

Wicked shot that Pickford could only put on a platter for Ayoze though :lol: Can't wait for the scenes when one of his goes in.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1735 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 07:22:57 pm »
I was thinking he might need taking off, urgently, then he hit that shot which led to the equaliser and all of a sudden he was quality. The key was taking Ritchie away from him. I wonder if it's time to try Paully D in the Ritchie role. The latter was rubbish today.

Offline duo

• General Member
« Reply #1736 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:01:41 pm »
Doesn't shy off from a tackle  :thup:

Online godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #1737 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:04:51 pm »
Was p*ssed off the amount of times Ritchie completely ignored him and turned to pass it back. Seems to be a common thing up to now also.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1738 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:07:10 pm »
Was p*ssed off the amount of times Ritchie completely ignored him and turned to pass it back. Seems to be a common thing up to now also.

There's absolutely nee chemistry between them, like. There's nowt silly in it, they just don't really click and, tbh, Ritchie's in a bit of s*** form. Not a lot coming off for him recently and he was quite poor today I thought. No coincidence we improved when Rafa took him off the left and ultimately off the pitch.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #1739 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:07:13 pm »

Ritchie clearly has some sort of a personal hatred for him now. A few times Miggy just threw his arms up in the air, asking WTF?

Offline Gallowgate Toon

• General Member
« Reply #1740 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:14:26 pm »
Ritchie seems to be incapable of playing a first time ball.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #1741 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:15:14 pm »

Or a cross or forwards pass to a teammate.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1742 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:48:24 pm »
His shot for the 2nd goal was straight out of Joselu's wishlist.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #1743 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:50:14 pm »

Ritchie clearly has some sort of a personal hatred for him now. A few times Miggy just threw his arms up in the air, asking WTF?
I actually think that he resents him because he has all the quality that he doesn’t have and wishes he does have.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #1744 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:06:49 pm »

I actually think that he resents him because he has all the quality that he doesn’t have and wishes he does have.

How many on here are thinking about that reserve player from Goal when making these accusations? :lol:
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1745 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:07:54 pm »

Or a cross or forwards pass to a teammate.
Ritchie is generally out best crosser of the ball, admittedly he's in bad form at the moment, so its not really paying off.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1746 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:08:52 pm »

Yeah, he's a professional footballer, and one of our most dedicated player, I highly doubt this is the case. :lol:

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #1747 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:09:14 pm »

How many on here are thinking about that reserve player from Goal when making these accusations? :lol:

@1:19
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • hope is a neon sign
« Reply #1748 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:21:32 pm »

Yeah I've been swayed to this thinking. Thought the first few games it might have just been unfamiliarity or something but it's well past obvious now.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #1749 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:35:26 pm »
 :thup:

Yeah, he's a professional footballer, and one of our most dedicated player, I highly doubt this is the case. :lol:

:thup: 
It is just silly to imply that.
Almiron is an exceptional talent who's directness and pace will be a great asset to us. Ritchie is a very experienced senior pro who's game is more pragmatic.
We need both sides.