Author Topic: Football Leaks  (Read 8502 times)

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
Re: Football Leaks
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday 6 November 2018, 10:27:17 pm »
Aye. “Now Manchester City, you’ve been very naughty, we want you to think of an appropriate punishment and ensure that you enact this. We won’t be checking to see if you did so we’re trusting that this will be done”

We're not angry, we're just really disappointed, now go over there and think about what you have done.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline Disco

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 10:31:17 am »

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 12:42:41 pm »

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 12:46:44 pm »
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 01:44:42 pm »
Kylian Mbappe 'wanted PSG to provide him with a private jet'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6362761/Kylian-Mbappe-wanted-PSG-provide-private-jet-contract.html

I don't think it's that big of a deal the players trying to get as much as they can out of the clubs. They are the talent, and its applicable in every job. You always want better pay.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 02:19:20 pm »
It's no big deal  if somebody earning £1000 pw wants an extra £200 but wen you already earn an annual salary each week you can get to f***.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 02:23:41 pm »
I think the problem lies with what these clubs are willing to pay than what the demands are. People will try and get away with what they can until someone puts their foot down tbh.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 02:31:33 pm »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6362761/Kylian-Mbappe-wanted-PSG-provide-private-jet-contract.html

That's basically the modern day equivalent of Gazza wanting a sunbed for his sister etc tbh.

Players are gonna try it on. It's up to the clubs to draw the line where they see fit.

Not that big of a deal imho.

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 05:19:07 pm »
Aye. “Now Manchester City, you’ve been very naughty, we want you to think of an appropriate punishment and ensure that you enact this. We won’t be checking to see if you did so we’re trusting that this will be done”

We're not angry, we're just really disappointed, now go over there and think about what you have done.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 05:27:07 pm »

This s*** drives me mad, i get the player gets as much as he can when he signs but ffs, pay for your own plane, it's not like the spoilt t*** isn't earning enough.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 06:14:21 pm »
Infantino saying that players who play in this breakaway league will be banned from participating for there country at a World Cup.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 06:50:43 pm »
The Super League is never ever going to happen
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 07:05:53 pm »

That's basically the modern day equivalent of Gazza wanting a sunbed for his sister etc tbh.

Players are gonna try it on. It's up to the clubs to draw the line where they see fit.

Agreed. And I'd much rather the players profited heavily from the game than scumbag owners and oil barons. End of the day its a short career, with possible long term health effects. Yeah its awesome and we'd all love to play pro but it's got drawbacks
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 07:13:03 pm »

This s*** drives me mad, i get the player gets as much as he can when he signs but ffs, pay for your own plane, it's not like the spoilt t*** isn't earning enough.

I suppose as professionals they must be 'in conduct' 24/7 and therefore it's not unreasonable to demand stuff for your life 'outside' of football. (where there is no such thing as 'outside' due to the professional demands of the game)

Hard life, though!

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 07:56:46 pm »
Infantino saying that players who play in this breakaway league will be banned from participating for there country at a World Cup.
that will only encourage the clubs to start it, international football must really p*ss off most top level clubs given the money spent on players and all it takes is one bad tackle and suddenly he's worthless

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday 7 November 2018, 11:54:33 pm »
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/manchester-city-exposed-chapter-3-recruiting-pep-guardiola-a-1236621.html#ref=rss

Nothing particularly new in that one.

s**** tbh. Herp derp UAE slavery herp derp.

That whole article felt forced, the whole Guardiola thing especially just felt like they accidentally copy and pasted a section from another article.  Is it any secret that he is getting paid a s*** tonne of money and that the deal was done well in advanced of him starting the job?
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Teasy

• General Member
« Reply #117 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 12:38:50 am »

He's allowed to ask, yes and its up to the club to draw the line, yes.  None of that changes the fact the bloke is obviously a complete and utter tosser to be asking for a private plane with what he's on.

Agreed. And I'd much rather the players profited heavily from the game than scumbag owners and oil barons. End of the day its a short career, with possible long term health effects. Yeah its awesome and we'd all love to play pro but it's got drawbacks

What?  You make it sound like he's risking his health ffs..  What long term health effects does it have vs people who actually work for a living?, what drawbacks?  Its a short career, that already guarantees him £40m even if he never plays another game in his life.  But aye he needs a plane.
« Last Edit: Thursday 8 November 2018, 12:50:20 am by Teasy »
Rage and love, story of my life.  The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #118 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 12:59:56 am »

He's allowed to ask, yes and its up to the club to draw the line, yes.  None of that changes the fact the bloke is obviously a complete and utter tosser to be asking for a private plane with what he's on.

What?  You make it sound like he's risking his health ffs..  What long term health effects does it have vs people who actually work for a living?, what drawbacks?  Its a short career, that already guarantees him £40m even if he never plays another game in his life.  But aye he needs a plane.

Are you serious? You don't reckon playing physical sport for ten years is going to have some impact on your body?Long term f***ed knees, back, ankles. Heading the ball for ten years aint good for you either, you not see the documentary Shearer did?  See what happened to Mason?  Jeff Astle? They are seeing CTE in football players. You gonna get that in the office like?

Offline LRD

• General Member
  • Wor Rafa
« Reply #119 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 01:11:46 am »
It's pointless comparing different industries like. :lol:

In any case, it's human nature to seek the best deal you can get, be it the average man or a top footballer. That's why you have contract negotiations, especially with oil-rich owners, that you test the waters to see how far you can go. And I couldn't care less about saving money for rich Middle East countries.
"What is a club in any case?
Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." – Sir Bobby Robson

Woah I'm everywhere

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #120 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 01:46:25 am »
I’d rather Mbappe got more money than the murdering human rights abusers who made PSG and Man City big clubs keeping it
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #121 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 02:00:15 am »
Can't criticise Kylian Mbappe - he's the next global phenomenon and, to me, is absolutely perfect.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #122 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 08:32:22 am »
Can't criticise Kylian Mbappe - he's the next global phenomenon and, to me, is absolutely perfect.

If there’s one player in the world who can say, “Nah, but I want a jet chucked in”, it’s Mbappe.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #123 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 11:33:21 am »
It's pointless comparing different industries like. :lol:

In any case, it's human nature to seek the best deal you can get, be it the average man or a top footballer. That's why you have contract negotiations, especially with oil-rich owners, that you test the waters to see how far you can go. And I couldn't care less about saving money for rich Middle East countries.

Well aye, I agree. I'm saying it's an industry with inherent risk, and I personally don't care what they players make as I'd much rather the obscene riches were going their way and not some rich bloke's back pocket. If I was in a position to ask for a private jet I probably would too

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #124 on: Thursday 8 November 2018, 04:55:54 pm »

Alright Love Actually.