Author Topic: The other games today 2018/19  (Read 564693 times)

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
Re: The other games today 2018/19
« Reply #24450 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:20:46 pm »
Looks like the money is finally starting to show in the PL. Superclubs like Chelsea and Arsenal in the EL is a bit grim

Yet nobody outside the top 6 apart from Newcastle can get past the qualifying stage in the last few years.
Think it will begin to be taken more seriously by those teams now. None of the teams competing for 7th now are managed by PFM’s
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #24451 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:22:44 pm »
Looks like the money is finally starting to show in the PL. Superclubs like Chelsea and Arsenal in the EL is a bit grim

Yet nobody outside the top 6 apart from Newcastle can get past the qualifying stage in the last few years.
Think it will begin to be taken more seriously by those teams now. None of the teams competing for 7th now are managed by PFM’s

I hope so I can see Wolves taking it seriously next season if they qualify.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • And now his guard is ended
« Reply #24452 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:23:07 pm »
This the first time a nation's had 6 teams through the quarters in European comps? (Guessing there may have been a 3 + 3 sometime)
Spain will have done it in the last few years probably

Aye. Tired of it. Please God can we end their domination.

No rush.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #24453 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:24:10 pm »
This the first time a nation's had 6 teams through the quarters in European comps? (Guessing there may have been a 3 + 3 sometime)
Spain will have done it in the last few years probably

:thup: 15/16; CL - Atletico, Barca, Real; EL - Bilbao, Sevilla, Villareal. Don't think it's been done with 4 in CL.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #24454 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:24:14 pm »
Will say it a million times but Everton’s participation has been shocking. Was so p*ssed a couple years ago when Spurs threw the competion to focus on the PL title which Leicester had pretty much sewn up. Villa did the same about 10 years ago when they really had a shot.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #24455 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:30:03 pm »
This might sound stupid, but I wouldn't mind the 8th placed team in the Premier League getting an Europa League spot instead of teams through cup competitions.

Offline McLoven#11

• General Member
« Reply #24456 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:38:07 pm »
This might sound stupid, but I wouldn't mind the 8th placed team in the Premier League getting an Europa League spot instead of teams through cup competitions.

9th placed team or cup winners in Europa League?

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #24457 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:39:39 pm »
Top three in the CL. 4-7 have a playoff for the last spot. Losers in the EL would be interesting. Might have been kicked about a while back. Think now is the time to implement.

Offline McLoven#11

• General Member
« Reply #24458 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:41:06 pm »
FA Cup winner in Champions League.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • And now his guard is ended
« Reply #24459 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:52:24 pm »
Hilarious if Villarreal end up winning the EL and get relegated in the same season. Play Polideportivo Ejido on Sunday, Bayern on Wednesday.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #24460 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:58:21 pm »
Top three in the CL. 4-7 have a playoff for the last spot. Losers in the EL would be interesting. Might have been kicked about a while back. Think now is the time to implement.

I like this idea even though it would never happen. I think the league format needs to change to make it more exciting.

Online Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #24461 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:17:55 am »
Barcelona - Man United is a great prospect.

Spurs got City, Ajax got Juve, and Liverpool got Porto.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #24462 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:23:48 am »

I make Juve favourites - Great chance for Man City too

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #24463 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:26:03 am »
That draw for Liverpool :anguish:
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #24464 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:28:09 am »

#Surprisednotsurprised
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #24465 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:29:37 am »
Can see a couple of upsets in those.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #24466 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:36:38 am »
City have underachieved and bottled it a lot in the CL.  Good chance to get to the final now.  I'd make them favourites over two legs against Juve, assuming they get past Ajax, of course. .

So I'm sure City will lose to Spurs now.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #24467 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:37:36 am »
Man U are going to bore their way past Barca and we'll that God awful 'Ole's at the wheel' and the media wanking over him for eternity. 

Offline Disco

« Reply #24468 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:39:18 am »
Drawing the SF before the QFs have been played in a non-bracket situation is vile.

Online Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #24469 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:41:57 am »
Man U are going to bore their way past Barca and we'll that God awful 'Ole's at the wheel' and the media wanking over him for eternity.

I hope not.

I'm confident Barcelona will beat them like, in both ties. Suarez & Coutinho have that Liverpool/Manchester derby experience and Messi will dismantle that Man U defence.

I'll be expecting a Juventus Barcelona final now I think.

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #24470 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:49:36 am »

#Surprisednotsurprised

I hate them, but this totally neglects the fact they had a rancid group, beat Bayern and then may have to beat Barca and City to win it.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #24471 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:51:20 am »
Wish people would stop with this bollocks first time Ronaldo v Messi in a CL final - it’s happened before you know  :lol:

Online Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #24472 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:02:23 pm »
I don't trust any English team against Barcelona, they are all way too open tactically. I know Roma happened but in general over the last few years they've lost to teams who can slow Messi down and i don't trust any English team to do that.

The only team left who i can see doing that is Juventus, i haven't looked at the draw in detail as it pertains to the Semi's but the whole thing is smacking of Juve vs Barca.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #24473 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:02:50 pm »

Great prospect for who? :lol:

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #24474 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:11:44 pm »
People who dislike Man U
Consider winning