Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Defenders 'seeing the ball out'. Yeah, if you are by the goal line then fine, but don't start dancing around the ball 20 yards back stopping your opponent having a fair crack at the ball. It's obstruction and should be punished every time. You couldn't do it any other time but if your 'seeing it out' it's fine. On that note I also hate when referees don't give decisions in/around the box when it would blatantly be a free-kick if it was on the half way line. If it's a foul, it's a foul no matter where it takes place.

Pretty much everything in the first 7 posts are huge pet hates for me. Ashley17 your dad isnt alone, it really f***ing grates on me when Guthrie(every bloody time) does it.

ITV Champions League games where its just a Man Utd wankathon and the whole media obsession with Liverpool and Benitez get on my tits too.

I hate the English bias as well.  Before the CL final the media were constantly talking up Man U saying Barcelona had no chance and we obviously know what happened...

Then afterwards the excuses came out and everyone was saying 'well what if Man U had scored in the first ten minutes they dominated?' as if they'd be saying that if it was the other way around.  :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

Redknapp, Phil Brown, Mark Hughes, Fat Sam, Robbie Keane, Carragher, Fergie, Christiano Ronaldo. Also the way players are allowed to tell referees to "fuck off" and it's just accepted and laughed off. No wonder the standard of refereeing is so low topday. The pool of potential ref's to choose from must be limited, who on earth would want to go into a career when you get a bunch of arseholes with a mental age of 7 (being generous) swearing in your face and telling you you're "shit"? Then you get to watch them do it again on a Satuday night on MotD with your wife and kids.

Shameful.

Redknapp, Phil Brown, Mark Hughes, Fat Sam, Robbie Keane, Carragher, Fergie, Christiano Ronaldo. Also the way players are allowed to tell referees to "fuck off" and it's just accepted and laughed off. No wonder the standard of refereeing is so low topday. The pool of potential ref's to choose from must be limited, who on earth would want to go into a career when you get a bunch of arseholes with a mental age of 7 (being generous) swearing in your face and telling you you're "shit"? Then you get to watch them do it again on a Satuday night on MotD with your wife and kids.

Shameful.

To be fair, sometimes when I'm playing you can't help but get angry sometimes and just say something you don't necessarily mean but just comes out. I don't say 'fuck off' or 'your shit', just off the top of my head stuff like "are you fucking kidding?"

Redknapp, Phil Brown, Mark Hughes, Fat Sam, Robbie Keane, Carragher, Fergie, Christiano Ronaldo. Also the way players are allowed to tell referees to "f*** off" and it's just accepted and laughed off. No wonder the standard of refereeing is so low topday. The pool of potential ref's to choose from must be limited, who on earth would want to go into a career when you get a bunch of arseholes with a mental age of 7 (being generous) swearing in your face and telling you you're "s***"? Then you get to watch them do it again on a Satuday night on MotD with your wife and kids.

Shameful.

To be fair, sometimes when I'm playing you can't help but get angry sometimes and just say something you don't necessarily mean but just comes out. I don't say 'f*** off' or 'your s***', just off the top of my head stuff like "are you f***ing kidding?"

Of course theres levels of it that require common sense to judge but the post made before is spot on, albeit a bit venomous. Other sports such as the rugby codes have rules where only the captain can speak to the ref about an issue and it works fine. Lot more respectful. The regular scenes you get of players crowding the referees screaming blue murder is an absolute disgrace imo. You fo get some shit decisions mind...

Guest Chubby Jason

Rugby players seem to be able to hold their tongue so it can't be anything to do with passion.

Exactly, they know if they do, they'll be done for it. The refs talk to them like men and they stand and listen, then get on with the game. Footballers are so spoilt and pampered on and off the pitch it really is quite pathetic. What was the point in this "Respect" campaign by the way? (is it still going?) Why won't the FA just say, swearing directly at a referee will get you sent off, then players will stop doing it. Simple really isn't it?

It won't happen anyway since we have grotesque bullies like Andy Gray speaking for the nation in with his heavily-cracked fat head beamed to all in HD, who will tell you "it's part of the game". No it isn't, no other mainstream sport allows it so why does the biggest one of all?

Defenders 'seeing the ball out'. Yeah, if you are by the goal line then fine, but don't start dancing around the ball 20 yards back stopping your opponent having a fair crack at the ball. It's obstruction and should be punished every time. You couldn't do it any other time but if your 'seeing it out' it's fine. On that note I also hate when referees don't give decisions in/around the box when it would blatantly be a free-kick if it was on the half way line. If it's a foul, it's a foul no matter where it takes place.

I agree.

Commentators complaining when penalties are given for handball, where the handball wasn't deliberate, how many penalty awards are actually deliberate hand-ball? Very few, only really happens when someone stops a shot going in.

When a striker slides in on a keeper studs showing, misses the ball and clatters the keeper, I hate it when a commentator says, "he had every right to go for it" or whatever. Of course he did, but if he misses it, he should be booked/sent-off as he would if it was in central-midfield.

Similarly, a keeper being allowed to come for the ball from a cross with a knee in the air pretty much head height, and not being classed as dangerous play.

I hate during international tournaments when they pan the crowd, no matter what the situation, people will see they are on camera and mug for the televison. Every tournament when a team is about to get knocked out, they scan the fans and people go from crying to jumping around and smiling when the camera hits them.

As a player, I hate strikers who get away with cheap kicks and shirt pulls against us defenders. If a defender was to do the same things, if we undoubtedly be a freekick.

Andrei Arshavin's celebration - makes me wanna kick the tv in.

Agree with that. Ridiculous.

I hate refs 'evening up'. It's just bad reff'ing, isn't it? I.e. a ref'll bottle a decision like a FK that should've been given but the ball goes out for an oppo throw-in. He'll then blow-up as soon as the ball's been thrown for some non-existant foul, simply to cover his arse.

You must hate the Women's Premier League.  I always laugh when I see it on SSN and some teams have played 11 games and other only 3.  :lol:  But I guess they can't play in the rain?

Edit- Here we go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/women/table/default.stm

:mackems:

"Milwall Lionesses"  :lol:

Share a lot of the ones mentioned, I'll add "defenders raising their arm every time the other team attempts a through ball". Just do your job and run back, tosser.