Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

I think it's very important to have a leftfooted cb when playing three at the back. Clark played that role very good yesterday.

That role would suit Dummet as well.

Really think three at the back is the way to play but not sure Rafa agrees.

• 11 months later...

Am I missing something? Who else has he scored against this season?

The official club website, in interview with him, mentions he's joint-top scorer alongside Shelvey on two. Mark Douglas also tweeted the same.

I can't for the life of me think who. I've even gone through the fixtures section on nufc.com and there's no other goal listed.

Clark – now Newcastle’s joint leading goalscorer this season, along with Shelvey – felt United displayed a collective spirit to see out those remaining exchanges, having exhibited a totally different style of play during the opening 45 minutes.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/itd-have-been-a-travesty-had-we-not-won-that-says-clark/

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=50716

https://www.nufc.com/2019-20html/fixtures.html

Two goals in two games, definitely not the best defender we've got but admire how professional he is when he hasn't been in the team for a while and puts in solid performances. Hasn't whinged to the press about wanting a move when he hasn't been playing

Scored 10 goals for us now

Third of the season in and he’s joint top goalscorer.

:lol: probably true again

14 games in last season he was joint with Joselu & Rondon on two league goals each. One of the reasons I’m not too concerned yet about the front three.

Just need Joelinton to get 1 more and one of our other attackers to luck them in with 2 and it's twilight zone shit

Always seemed to score when he was in the team, even in the Championship. Strong argument to start both himself and Schar for the goalscoring potential. Love a team where everyone can finish, reminds of Keegan's first season in the PL with us.

Always seemed to score when he was in the team, even in the Championship. Strong argument to start both himself and Schar for the goalscoring potential. Love a team where everyone can finish, reminds of Keegan's first season in the PL with us.

Aye. I seem to remember Beresford scoring a penalty against Barnsley to complete the set of everybody scoring. Not sure who Venison scored against.

Hmm. Wasn't Barnsley.

Aye. I seem to remember Beresford scoring a penalty against Barnsley to complete the set of everybody scoring. Not sure who Venison scored against.

Hmm. Wasn't Barnsley.

Venison scored against Aston Villa at the Gallowgate end. It was a belter as well. Have no idea why I remember this.

Hmm. Wasn't Barnsley.

Venison only scored one for us, screamer from outside the box against Villa, 94/95.