Football Leaks

David Edgar

Thousands of pages of Football Leaks documents prove:

ManCity and PSG systematically violated FIFA's financial fair play rules for years;

Infantino, as UEFA general secretary, buckled under pressure from Abu Dhabi and Qatar and allowed the clubs from Manchester and Paris to operate with virtual impunity;

UEFA meted out only mild punishments to the two clubs and did not expel either of them from the Champions League as it did with smaller clubs;

Infantino -- despite an obligation to strict neutrality -- secretly met for negotiations with club bosses from Paris and Manchester;

he fed internal association info to the clubs and cleared the way for "settlements," although he was not authorized to do so;

that he thus systematically undermined UEFA's own oversight procedures and bodies.

The plans for a «Super League» have come far as well according to the leaks, shares hve been divided among clubs and plans to start in 2021/22, with the clubs leaving their national leagues and european competitions.

The plans for a «Super League» have come far as well according to the leaks, shares hve been divided among clubs and plans to start in 2021/22, with the clubs leaving their national leagues and european competitions.

Good. Tra to lot of them. Less money in our league is good for hounding out Ashley.

Good. Tra to lot of them. Less money in our league is good for hounding out Ashley.

Fingers crossed it's a step too far and begins modern football's implosion.

The reports of the coming weeks will also reveal the positive doping tests of a multiple Champions League winner as well as the tax avoidance models of some Premier League titans.

Surely Real, so in turn surely Ronaldo or Bale :lol: Bale suddenly got super ripped and everyone knows (/says) Ronaldo is a freak with lack of recovery time needed

Why do they bother making up rules they’ll never stick to?

So 'they' can enforce them on smaller, poorer teams if they ever need to in the future. Fuck precedent, they'll do what they want, when they want and to whom they want. Metaphor for life tbph.

:thup:

Great news if it happens.  Hopefully the 'Big Six' fuck off, Sky fucks off and leaves the English Leagues alone and the FCB fucks off when the TV money dries up.  Would love to see a competitive English league that we can be a part of without needing to spend hundreds of millions of pounds on super average players and the fans don't get fleeced to within an inch of their lives whilst cronies like Platini and Blatter rig everything.

Inevitable that this has been going on in the background for the last few years. Football has moved away from it's lifeblood (the supporters) and become more about making cash for already rich men and states. The issue is now - what will happen with these revelations? Will it all be denied and swept under a carpet? Will the likes of Infantino face corruption charges, or will these changes all go ahead with no resistance?

At the end of the day - money always talks.

No point in the Premier League if the best six have ditched it. What would winning it even mean? And if you won ten in a row, you couldn't even break into the Super League? It's all pointless.

It would mean being the best in England like it currently does.  If some of the other teams want to become European teams, they are welcome to it.  I'd rather be part of a domestic league that was about football than a European league that was all about money.

No point in the Premier League if the best six have ditched it. What would winning it even mean? And if you won ten in a row, you couldn't even break into the Super League? It's all pointless.

It would mean being the best in England like it currently does.  If some of the other teams want to become European teams, they are welcome to it.  I'd rather be part of a domestic league that was about football than a European league that was all about money.

Totally agree, but if this happens football is dead.

Yup. I think people would get over it pretty quickly tbh. At least, fans of the clubs that don't join Europe.

I still don't fully understand how it would be viable in the long run, though. The same European teams competing over and over will get boring, surely? How much of a travelling contingent will you realistically get week in, week out, which would affect atmosphere? It's all well and good relying on the TV money it produces but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see clubs running back to their domestic leagues in less than a decade. Unfortunately, you know the arseholes in the FA would welcome them back with open arms.

Yup. I think people would get over it pretty quickly tbh. At least, fans of the clubs that don't join Europe.

I still don't fully understand how it would be viable in the long run, though. The same European teams competing over and over will get boring, surely? How much of a travelling contingent will you realistically get week in, week out, which would affect atmosphere? It's all well and good relying on the TV money it produces but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see clubs running back to their domestic leagues in less than a decade. Unfortunately, you know the arseholes in the FA would welcome them back with open arms.

It would be properly s*** if your club did it.  £100 tickets, crowds that were 90% tourists and not being able to do away games.  A bit like following a plastic glory team like Barca or Real Madrid.

It would be properly s*** if your club did it.  £100 tickets, crowds that were 90% tourists and not being able to do away games.  A bit like following a plastic glory team like Barca or Real Madrid.

:thup: The novelty would wear off within a season imo. Would love it if teams' respective FAs told them to get fucked if/when they came crawling back.