Alan Pardew

Dave

One thing I find quite perplexing is why he isn't under any pressure at all from the media? We've seen how they love to twist the knife in to our managers in the past, yet I find it strange they're not doing that to Pardew at the moment.

Having actually heard it it's even worse, it's basically "Pah, they were booing me even though Cabaye was injured, and that didn't help me as the negativity affected those on the pitch so we ended up losing", it's fucking outrageous stuff.

Guest Slippery Sam

I've never wanted him here and I recent results are just way beyond legitimate sacking reasons. Just one thing concerns me:

Sack Pardew, lose Ben Arfa ??  The lad seems (for god knows what reasons) to really like the guy, and, if Parsnip gets the bullet, would Ben Arfa take the hump and end up getting photographed arriving at another airport?

One thing I find quite perplexing is why he isn't under any pressure at all from the media? We've seen how they love to twist the knife in to our managers in the past, yet I find it strange they're not doing that to Pardew at the moment.

Maybe he's playing the game really well and they're believing him when he says it's all down to injuries.

Although reading those quotes I'm not really sure what he's said wrong. Nothing pisses me off more than when a crowd reacts negatively to a substitution when they literally haven't got the foggiest about the circumstances (I.e whether cabaye was injured).

Marveaux going off started our downfall. He wasn't injured or playing badly.

Although reading those quotes I'm not really sure what he's said wrong. Nothing pisses me off more than when a crowd reacts negatively to a substitution when they literally haven't got the foggiest about the circumstances (I.e whether cabaye was injured).

The circumstances were that he had two attacking midfielders on and chose to withdraw Marveaux first. If Cabaye had gone first, nobody would have had an issue but you can't make a pre-planned sub due to fitness five minutes after you've taken off the only other player looking to do anything creative.

Cabaye jogging off doesn't suggest he was carrying a groin injury like. Had he hobbled/limped then you wouldn't have got the reaction, if he's obviously injured then the crowd see it. For him to see his number go up, jog 60 yards to the touchline, collect a coat and sit on the bench doesn't quite fit.

We'll never know. 

That being said, we need a change. I have a feeling he will still be in charge against Villa, but hopefully by then we'll have a couple of new players. I do think it is important that we have a manager in January though. It certainly wouldn't help in attracting players if we were to sack him tomorrow. Maybe waiting til the window shuts is the better way to go.

It looked like we were sailing to victory with not a problem until Pardew started fucking about with things, the fans were understandably frustrated at the ridiculous decisions they were seeing.

The fans have been very supportive and patient this year, home and away.  First sign of a few boos after months of watching absolute shite on the pitch, and the manager's blaming it for the defeat and 2 turbo-shit youth players are having a pop on Twitter.  It's not the sort of thing that breeds good relations between the 2 parties.

It's utter bollocks that Cabaye was injured btw. I have never once seen an injured NUFC player go to the bench under Pardew. The slightest knock means they're straight down the tunnel with one of the physios.

Having actually heard it it's even worse, it's basically "Pah, they were booing me even though Cabaye was injured, and that didn't help me as the negativity affected those on the pitch so we ended up losing", it's fucking outrageous stuff.

aye, unbelievable listening to that

It's utter bollocks that Cabaye was injured btw. I have never once seen an injured NUFC player go to the bench under Pardew. The slightest knock means they're straight down the tunnel with one of the physios.

It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever.  If that is true and he's turned it around on the fans then he's a despicable prick.  Not sure we'll ever know for sure.

I'm almost convinced Cisse and Colo were fine for Brighton though.

I saw Cabaye signal five minutes when Jonas was down injured after that elbow incident, Cabaye went over and spoke to Pardew and then came off five minutes later.

Also in the podcast Pardew admitted it was a mistake to take off Marveaux. So that's alright then.

That being said, we need a change. I have a feeling he will still be in charge against Villa, but hopefully by then we'll have a couple of new players. I do think it is important that we have a manager in January though. It certainly wouldn't help in attracting players if we were to sack him tomorrow. Maybe waiting til the window shuts is the better way to go.

It looked like we were sailing to victory with not a problem until Pardew started f***ing about with things, the fans were understandably frustrated at the ridiculous decisions they were seeing.

The fans have been very supportive and patient this year, home and away.  First sign of a few boos after months of watching absolute s**** on the pitch, and the manager's blaming it for the defeat and 2 turbo-s*** youth players are having a pop on Twitter.  It's not the sort of thing that breeds good relations between the 2 parties.

As I said in my post above, I didn't see the game so I'm going off the Twitter feed. Didn't realise there was more to it than just taking Cabaye off.

Hmm OK.  Personally if I hadn't seen the match then I wouldn't comment. :lol: Amazes me when people do that on here.

despite his "rape" comment on MOTD2, the BBC crew seem to be his mate.  Had him on for the japes and tomfoolery during Euro 2012.

It looked like we were sailing to victory with not a problem until Pardew started f***ing about with things, the fans were understandably frustrated at the ridiculous decisions they were seeing.

The fans have been very supportive and patient this year, home and away.  First sign of a few boos after months of watching absolute s**** on the pitch, and the manager's blaming it for the defeat and 2 turbo-s*** youth players are having a pop on Twitter.  It's not the sort of thing that breeds good relations between the 2 parties.

As I said in my post above, I didn't see the game so I'm going off the Twitter feed. Didn't realise there was more to it than just taking Cabaye off.

Hmm OK.  Personally if I hadn't seen the match then I wouldn't comment. :lol: Amazes me when people do that on here.

The first match I've missed in two years and I'm getting stick :lol:

I was going off everyone's twitter comments, a lot of which seem solely aimed at the Cabaye substitution, without any real mention of the things leading up to it.

:lol: I'm sorry, you've touched a nerve there, that's all.  I've seen people come into match threads after the match, openly admit they never watched the game then proceed to accuse people of overreacting about how bad the performance was.

It's incredible, they don't even put themselves through it then they have a go at the people that do. :lol:

But yeah, fair enough.

The circumstances were that he had two attacking midfielders on and chose to withdraw Marveaux first. If Cabaye had gone first, nobody would have had an issue but you can't make a pre-planned sub due to fitness five minutes after you've taken off the only other player looking to do anything creative.

correct do not think anyone thought Cabaye would last 90 minutes due to just comming back from a long lay off, Madness madness madness

Keep sticking Sky Sports News on in the hope of seeing the yellow ticker tape with "Pardew leaves Newcastle" on it. I'm so fucking desperate to get rid of this clown before it's too late. Its an absolute outrage that we are losing to a team like Reading and that we are anywhere near the drop zone. If we go down that arsehole will have relegated probably be the most talented group of players to be relegated from the Premier League.

I don't buy the injuries argument at all. Decent managers can make the best out of a bad situation and still pick up points. Pardew didn't. He made tactical fuck up after tactical fuck up and tried to palm us off with shit excuses.

I am praying that Ashley and that fucking prick Llambias do the right thing.

8 year deal as has been alluded to previously by the press themselves.

He's going nowhere short term. The club have clearly decided to back him in the transfer market, and they owe him after last summer. If we sign MYM and a striker plus two squad players and are fourth bottom at Easter then they might have to make a decision to make. Personally I think we'll be OK in the end but I'm worried that Pards is so slow to learn.

He's going nowhere short term. The club have clearly decided to back him in the transfer market, and they owe him after last summer. If we sign MYM and a striker plus two squad players and are fourth bottom at Easter then they might have to make a decision to make. Personally I think we'll be OK in the end but I'm worried that Pards is so slow to learn.

Easter?! There will be 7 matches left. If we're still there by then it'll be far too late to make a change.