Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Are Everton a bigger club than ourselves?

15 major honours to our 11, god knows how many years of constant top-flight football so historically yes.

But since Sky invented football and we had our moments in the sun we have caught up using the peripheral means such as players, European campaigns, league finishes and resources.

Should they ever get their act together and get a stadium with Liverpool they'll catch up on all that and will still likely have their honours whereas we're unlikely to add to ours any time soon.

Aye, success to me has very little sway on the size of the club unless it still has a bearing on their current status. Liverpool pretty much live and breathe of their previous success where as a club like Aston Villa can't.

Ultimately it comes down to how much revenue you can pull in, the overall worth of the club and how attractive you are to players etc.

It's all irrelevant though, Everton are far better than us :lol:

Mark Hughes linked to the Stoke job.

I don't get it. Why do Premier League clubs keep hiring this guy? What has he ever accomplished as a manager?

Did very well at Blackburn without much money, did a very good job with Wales and did well at Fulham.  Don't get me wrong - wouldn't want him to be our manager, but I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as everyone makes out.

Ultimately making more money (or just pumping more money in) is what makes a club tick. Man City and Chelsea are now 2 of the biggest and most attractive clubs in the world because of money, it's absolutely shit but it's hardly deniable.

I totally agree.

Why don't clubs use player exchanges more when selling off their top players? Seeing all these crazy fees, it can't hurt to take a gamble on a few of the buying clubs younger or not wanted players (especially coming from a 'big club'). That Fulham deal where they got Kačaniklić and someone else from Liverpool for Paul Konchesky is a great example of when it works (I'm sure someone can think of better examples)

Why don't clubs use player exchanges more when selling off their top players? Seeing all these crazy fees, it can't hurt to take a gamble on a few of the buying clubs younger or not wanted players (especially coming from a 'big club'). That Fulham deal where they got Kačaniklić and someone else from Liverpool for Paul Konchesky is a great example of when it works (I'm sure someone can think of better examples)

I think alot of clubs need to seel to bring an income in.

Not sure wacko would agree with you there like :lol:

Not sure wacko would agree with you there like :lol:

Well works for the selling club I meant  :lol:

I think alot of clubs need to seel to bring an income in.

Definitely understand that if the selling club is in dept (which most are to be fair) but wouldn't grabbing a few players plus some money show the supporters that at least they are getting something tangible in return.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/152307238-jon-parkin-of-fleetwood-town-in-action-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXiiCMkcdKP%2Bs9U4KL0Sg48EIqR4mJy%2Bek0uK7exc7cZmWQgrJFDMquJvNmsCNaDXQ%3D%3D