Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Is there anything to stop one of the billionaire owners from letting one of their small children register to play in the Premier League and requesting they be substituted on to take/score a penalty one day when Citeh are three-nil up against someone?

Guest Roger Kint

Did finalise what we're doing pre-season yet or is it going to be slapdash as fuck again?

From .com

Following online speculation that United could spend part of their next pre-season programme in the USA, further claims of games in South Africa have appeared.

Briefing journalists about the visit of Liverpool to Cape Town later this month, City of Cape Town tourism spokesman Grant Pascoe confirmed that Newcastle and Everton both remain possible pre-season visitors:

"Both teams are very keen on coming out - Newcastle are first concentrating on avoiding relegation, but have indicated that they will make the trip, while Everton were out here last week to inspect the venue and facilities and they were very impressed."

Is there anything to stop one of the billionaire owners from letting one of their small children register to play in the Premier League and requesting they be substituted on to take/score a penalty one day when Citeh are three-nil up against someone?

Would depend on the age but once they were over 15 or so I'd guess not ???

We played a game yesterday, and a strange situation occured. One of our lads came through on goal, and the keeper rushed out and obstructed him, just like any other defender. He was nowhere near the ball. The ref gave an indirect free-kick in the box, and didn't even book the gk.

You don't see things like that very often. Did the ref make the right decision, or should it have been a pen?

Obstruction (or technically impeding) means that there is no foul because there is not physical contact. The lack of physical contact makes this a technical infringement which is an IFK. Had there been physical contact then it would have been a DFK and that in that location it would have been a penalty.

I must be missing something. How can you be obstructed if there is no physical contact? If I'm going somewhere and you want to stop me, you're going to have to do it physically. I'm assuming of course that you would not stoop so low as to threaten to sully my reputation, thereby causing me to lose control of the ball, for that would be frowned upon even in the colonies, egad.

It means moving into the path of the opponent to force them to slow down or change direction to get around you. Players are entitled to their own position on the field, but they cannot move into the path of the opponent with the sole intent of blocking their path (implied here is that the ball is not within playing distance)

But the key difference between the referee giving a DFK or an IFK is whether there is contact (a foul).

We played a game yesterday, and a strange situation occured. One of our lads came through on goal, and the keeper rushed out and obstructed him, just like any other defender. He was nowhere near the ball. The ref gave an indirect free-kick in the box, and didn't even book the gk.

You don't see things like that very often. Did the ref make the right decision, or should it have been a pen?

Obstruction (or technically impeding) means that there is no foul because there is not physical contact. The lack of physical contact makes this a technical infringement which is an IFK. Had there been physical contact then it would have been a DFK and that in that location it would have been a penalty.

I must be missing something. How can you be obstructed if there is no physical contact? If I'm going somewhere and you want to stop me, you're going to have to do it physically. I'm assuming of course that you would not stoop so low as to threaten to sully my reputation, thereby causing me to lose control of the ball, for that would be frowned upon even in the colonies, egad.

It means moving into the path of the opponent to force them to slow down or change direction to get around you. Players are entitled to their own position on the field, but they cannot move into the path of the opponent with the sole intent of blocking their path (implied here is that the ball is not within playing distance)

But the key difference between the referee giving a DFK or an IFK is whether there is contact (a foul).

Oh. I'd probably just try to run through them tbh :lol:

Would depend on the age but once they were over 15 or so I'd guess not ???

Paul Dogleash anyone?

Gaddafi did with his son for Perugia IIRC. though not through actually owning the club. More through being all "I kill you!"

Unless you were talking about age, then IIRC the rule is you have to be 16 or over in the Premier League. /FM