Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Guest neesy111

What's the craic with Viagogo?

Legitimised ticket touting.

We do seem to like partnering with these legitimate dodgy activities with Wonga being effectively a legal loan shark firm.

What's the craic with Viagogo?

Legitimised ticket touting.

Only for 1 game a season if we're playing well.

If anything, and it'll never happen, they should allow STs too sell their tickets cheaper.

on a similar note to the question about the 6-second rule. Do keepers not have to take their goal kick from the side it went out (like with corners)? I was always taught to take it from the side it wen't out on when i played in goal when i was a lot younger, pretty sure i got made to take a few again, if taken from the wrong side.

Guest Slippery Sam

If the laws state that a red card has to be given for a deliberate handball and a handball has to be deliberate to be given, why isn't a red card given for every handball?

Yellow.

My dad has just said he heard channel 4 or 5 had won the rights to show the French and German league next season... Has anyone heard anything along these lines as he's getting on a bit... :lol:

Anyone know how much money Dortmund stand to earn if they get to the CL final?

As of 2012–13, UEFA awards €2.1 million to each team in the play-off round. For reaching the group stage, UEFA awards a base fee of €8.6 million. A win in the group is awarded €1 million and a draw is worth €500,000. In addition, UEFA pays teams reaching the first knockout round €3.5 million, each quarter-finalist €3.9 million, €4.9 million for each semi-finalist, €6.5 million for the runners-up and €10.5 million for the winners.

Playoffs: €2,100,000

Base fee for group stage: €8,600,000

Group match victory: €1,000,000

Group match draw: €500,000

Round of 16: €3,500,000

Quarter-finals: €3,900,000

Semi-finals: €4,900,000

Losing finalist: €6,500,000

Winning the Final: €10,500,000

A large part of the distributed revenue from the UEFA Champions League is linked to the "market pool", the distribution of which is determined by the value of the television market in each country. For the 2010–11 season, Manchester United, who lost the final, earned nearly €53.2 million in total of which €27.3 million was prize money, compared with the €51.0 million earned by Barcelona, who won the tournament and was awarded with €30.7 million of prize money.

If you get fouled in the box and it's an obvious penalty, but a team mate instantly cracks it into the net, would the ref play the advantage or always give the pen? Can't think of any examples where I've seen an advantage given instead of the pen so just wondering if it's a done thing?

If you get fouled in the box and it's an obvious penalty, but a team mate instantly cracks it into the net, would the ref play the advantage or always give the pen? Can't think of any examples where I've seen an advantage given instead of the pen so just wondering if it's a done thing?

It's happened a few times over the years... All depends how quick the ref blows the whistle... As he can't give goal if he has blew for penalty...

Who was the commentator for our 3-2 vs Barcelona in the CL? Forget his name. Sounds an old chap, but that Tino hat trick and his commentating for it is class.

Brian Moore (RIP), absolutely brilliant commentator.

:thup: Loved him.

Who was the commentator for our 3-2 vs Barcelona in the CL? Forget his name. Sounds an old chap, but that Tino hat trick and his commentating for it is class.

Brian Moore (RIP), absolutely brilliant commentator.

:thup: Loved him.

Always preferred Barry Davies...

Guest palnese

We got the advantage a few years back at Fulham. Smith was hacked down in the area, and the ball fell to Milner, who scruffed a half decent chance. The ref then gave the pen, and Barton put it away.

We got the advantage a few years back at Fulham. Smith was hacked down in the area, and the ball fell to Milner, who scruffed a half decent chance. The ref then gave the pen, and Barton put it away.

Only incident I can remember is the 2006 CL final. Not a penalty but Lehmann brings down Eto'o outside of the box, Giuly rolls the ball into the net but the ref brings it back for a free kick and sends Lehmann off.