Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Was f***ing devastating when your ball popped :lol:

even when it had been hanging on for ages, like when your caser had a tumor (the bladder sticking out where the stitching had came away)

:lol:

Was the start of the end that like.

Also, "Divvin't kick it on the concrete man, it's new!". Mitre was the ball to have when I was growing up.

we only had a yard, surrounded by buildings, at primary school.  Therefore the rule was sponge balls only (which you had to buy yourself and bring in)

Fucking ridiculous when it rained.  Soaked up all the water and sometimes some tiny stones and stuff, people would just stand on them to stop you getting it.  If you got hit with it you'd get an almighty wet splat.  They also disintegrated incredibly quickly.  I still remember some of us running around kicking what was effectively a bit of mis-shapen sponge in sheer desperation to keep playing.

even when it had been hanging on for ages, like when your caser had a tumor (the bladder sticking out where the stitching had came away)

Also, "Divvin't kick it on the concrete man, it's new!". Mitre was the ball to have when I was growing up.

the weight of a caser when it had been skinned alive on concrete and left out in the rain. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

we only had a yard, surrounded by buildings, at primary school.  Therefore the rule was sponge balls only (which you had to buy yourself and bring in)

f***ing ridiculous when it rained.  Soaked up all the water and sometimes some tiny stones and stuff, people would just stand on them to stop you getting it.  If you got hit with it you'd get an almighty wet splat.  They also disintegrated incredibly quickly.  I still remember some of us running around kicking what was effectively a bit of mis-shapen sponge in sheer desperation to keep playing.

the weight of a caser when it had been skinned alive on concrete and left out in the rain. :lol:

how many times did you organise a game, about 20 of you turned up on the field......no ball!

how many times did you organise a game, about 20 of you turned up on the field......no ball!

actually calling on unpoplar ponces who never played, just to see if they had a ball. :lol:

I played on Palmersville field a few years ago and these 18 year old lads asked us for a game. They only played for the f***ing county. :lol: It was horrible.

When we were quite young (around 12 probably) we played against Andrew Fotiadis (you will need wikipedia :lol:) and a few of his England under 18 team mates and beat them in a 5-a-side :lol:

Probably the most damming proof that English coaches train the ability out of the players.

Wew! David Borley, Mark Rassmussen and Stuart Richardson from our school all ended up playing professionally like. Mark wasn't allowed to play in the yard in case he got injured and couldn't play for England. The year above me in middle school won everything going. My year was s****. :lol:

Mentioned this before but the player who couldn't get into our school side outfield and had to play in goal went on to be a forward at league 1 sides and is currently playing for Gateshead.

I have worked in an office since leaving school :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

This lad once came into school with red and yellow cards :lol: everyone just told him to fuck off. He also fashioned a 'blue card' that he showed to the person he thought was man of the match. It's alright though, he's dead now. Haha, nah.

He was the kid that would say it went in when you didn't have a bar and it went 14ft over. If you disagreed he took his ball and went home.

actually calling on unpoplar ponces who never played, just to see if they had a ball. :lol:

aye, the question "is your simon coming out ?", "no he's doing his homework"," is his ball coming out then?"

This lad once came into school with red and yellow cards :lol: everyone just told him to fuck off. He also fashioned a 'blue card' that he showed to the person he thought was man of the match. It's alright though, he's dead now. Haha, nah.

He was the kid that would say it went in when you didn't have a bar and it went 14ft over. If you disagreed he took his ball and went home.

In primary school we had a kid that would say he was getting trophies made but would tell you what you won, I won best slide tackler :snod:

Ripped to shred knees and perma-grass stained trousers. I really was the man!

aye, the question "is your simon coming out ?", "no he's doing his homework"," is his ball coming out then?"

:lol:  im sure one of them was Simon, aye.

Guest firetotheworks

I played on Palmersville field a few years ago and these 18 year old lads asked us for a game. They only played for the f***ing county. :lol: It was horrible.

When we were quite young (around 12 probably) we played against Andrew Fotiadis (you will need wikipedia :lol:) and a few of his England under 18 team mates and beat them in a 5-a-side :lol:

Probably the most damming proof that English coaches train the ability out of the players.

Wew! David Borley, Mark Rassmussen and Stuart Richardson from our school all ended up playing professionally like. Mark wasn't allowed to play in the yard in case he got injured and couldn't play for England. The year above me in middle school won everything going. My year was s****. :lol:

Mentioned this before but the player who couldn't get into our school side outfield and had to play in goal went on to be a forward at league 1 sides and is currently playing for Gateshead.

I have worked in an office since leaving school :lol:

It's crazy like isn't it. I know someone that played with Peter Ramage and he cannot believe that he ended up playing professionally and that he was all hard work and that was it. I think he regrets not sticking in more because he probably would have made it with the same amount of effort.

Aye, we played at the Sporty for 6 weeks solid one summer, was class except when you fell over.  Still felt mint playing in such decent facilities, mind.

On days when there were only 2 of us there we'd nip over to the 5 aside pitches and play 1-on-1 where you weren't allowed to cross the half way line when attacking or go in your own box while defending, was a pretty good game that actually, high octane stuff.