Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Headers and volleys was ace.

We played it damn near every night after school. So much so that my volleying was superb compared to every other aspect of my game.  :lol:

loved it, what were your rules- if the keeper caught you you went in goal?

we played if you shot wide or over the keeper got a point, we'd also have a mark on the deck (the box) only headers could be scored inside there.

We played it damn near every night after school. So much so that my volleying was superb compared to every other aspect of my game.  :lol:

it's how o learned to cross a ball, to get some height on it.

we used to hoof balls at garage doors to get people to ring the police- this was how my Rocket shot part of my game was well developed :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

it's how o learned to cross a ball, to get some height on it.

Aye, day 1: Jonas. day 492: Dave Beckham :lol:

We weren't allowed footballs at lunch time for some reason so had to use a tennis ball, pretty sure we were getting close to Brazilian level by the time we left school :lol:

we had to use a large marble a couple of times (a bolliker) and yes i tried a header from a throw in.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember playing football curbsies with varying levels of 'how many points would I get for getting a curbs from here?' that escalated into me asking how many points Id get to hit my garage door from more or less down the street.

I blasted it and just when it looked like it was going to curl, the wind caught it and it kept on going and smashed our outside front door light to smitherines! :lol:

I was already walking to my room when my mam came out to see what had happened and subsequently bollocked me.

anyone play headers ? two goals pretty close to each other , throw the ball in the air and try to score with a header. there was a kid down our way used to pull the ball back onto his forehead and head butt it. he'd win cos of the power he'd get behind it but he also got a red patch on his head and must've done some damage.

We weren't allowed footballs at lunch time for some reason so had to use a tennis ball, pretty sure we were getting close to Brazilian level by the time we left school :lol:

:lol: Reminds me of primary school when there was a rota for one or two classes to use the playing field at lunch time during the winter, let alone banning footballs. Didn't want the field to get destroyed (what else they were using it for fuck knows), so we'd just be allowed a patch for 20-something kids to 'play' on.

Guest firetotheworks

Why can't you play outside your own house?

I'll pop it next time!

...and it was class when everyone scampered away when the ball went into the most feared neighbours garden.

We used to play 4 or 5-a-side on High Farm field with 1 keeper, always ended 20-19 :lol:

Used to sneak on to Darsley Park before it became the training ground as well.

used to play on there, next to the cricket pitch ( horse field now) on a sunday morning.

Guest firetotheworks

anyone play headers ? two goals pretty close to each other , throw the ball in the air and try to score with a header. there was a kid down our way used to pull the ball back onto his forehead and head butt it. he'd win cos of the power he'd get behind it but he also got a red patch on his head and must've done some damage.

Aye, I used to do that playing heads volleyball in a pool on holiday or whatever. Only with a penny floater though. Fuck doing that with a caser like! :lol:

Why can't you play outside your own house?

I'll pop it next time!

...and it was class when everyone scampered away when the ball went into the most feared neighbours garden.

because the little gits that want to play otuside ours are crap with none of the basics of ball control. they don't want to pass to each other or have a lamp post as a goal. they just want to kick the ball as high and hard and long as possible.

We used to play 4 or 5-a-side on High Farm field with 1 keeper, always ended 20-19 :lol:

Used to sneak on to Darsley Park before it became the training ground as well.

used to play on there, next to the cricket pitch ( horse field now) on a sunday morning.

Was just a horses field by the time we started venturing up there regularly, we played on the rough patch of grass next to the bowling green, was hidden away from the main building.

Ball used to pop on the hedge a bit too much like :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I played on Palmersville field a few years ago and these 18 year old lads asked us for a game. They only played for the fucking county. :lol: It was horrible.

Guest firetotheworks

Was f***ing devastating when your ball popped :lol:

Aye, or it got kicked onto the school roof. My brand new Mitre Delta got kicked on the roof in year 5 and I got it back in year 7. :lol: Not even kidding.

Also "DIVN'T SIT ON IT, MAN! YILL EGG IT"

I played on Palmersville field a few years ago and these 18 year old lads asked us for a game. They only played for the fucking county. :lol: It was horrible.

When we were quite young (around 12 probably) we played against Andrew Fotiadis (you will need wikipedia :lol:) and a few of his England under 18 team mates and beat them in a 5-a-side :lol:

Probably the most damming proof that English coaches train the ability out of the players.

Always remember my YTS days back in the early/mid 90s.  The different groups used to take each other on at break times.

The first two games, morning and lunch went well, great games and all level.  The afternoon was built up and everyone was fucking pumping.  We ran outside and yours truely hoofed the ball over norham road but the ball rolled back onto the road and a van driver ran it over and burst it.

Everyone justed sighed and went back inside for a cup of tea from the vending machine.

Was f***ing devastating when your ball popped :lol:

Aye, or it got kicked onto the school roof. My brand new Mitre Delta got kicked on the roof in year 5 and I got it back in year 7. :lol: Not even kidding.

Also "DIVN'T SIT ON IT, MAN! YILL EGG IT"

:thup: :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I played on Palmersville field a few years ago and these 18 year old lads asked us for a game. They only played for the f***ing county. :lol: It was horrible.

When we were quite young (around 12 probably) we played against Andrew Fotiadis (you will need wikipedia :lol:) and a few of his England under 18 team mates and beat them in a 5-a-side :lol:

Probably the most damming proof that English coaches train the ability out of the players.

Wew! David Borley, Mark Rassmussen and Stuart Richardson from our school all ended up playing professionally like. Mark wasn't allowed to play in the yard in case he got injured and couldn't play for England. The year above me in middle school won everything going. My year was s****. :lol: