Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

why do none of the islands off england (Jersey, Isle of Man etc) have a decent football team?

Relatively low population, possibly the age of the population, islands have more than one small team in their own league, good players play in England (Le Saux, Le Tissier)? Newport (IOW) are usually fairly strong and are still in the FA Vase this year, but there are several teams on the Isle of Wight. The better teams play on the mainland in various non-league divisions, and there is an Island League for the rest.

:thup: Used to play Garages all the time as a bairn.

What rules did you play by, garages was a class game.

garages was ok, one garage door each, 3 lives. but I think I prefered the football games where the end two garages were the goals. so a game of football with both goals facing the same direction. :lol:

Did anyone else play spot/spot the dog and kingo?

spot was just about a foorball game, kingo was basically tuggy with a tennis ball. we had amate with such a throwing arm on him you couldn't deny getting hit with the ball as you'd yelp with pain and limp away.

Guest firetotheworks

spot was just about a foorball game, kingo was basically tuggy with a tennis ball. we had amate with such a throwing arm on him you couldn't deny getting hit with the ball as you'd yelp with pain and limp away.

Spot was class for improving accuracy, especially with a 10/5 second rule.

Kingo destroyed me like. :lol: Most of my bruises in life are as a result of playing kingo. The only game I hated was singles, it was just a mess, no one ever scored. :lol:

Kingo destroyed me like. :lol: Most of my bruises in life are as a result of playing kingo. The only game I hated was singles, it was just a mess, no one ever scored. :lol:

is that world cup singles ? I am the current european beach world cup singles champion (well if they can have world championship wellie throwing and nettle eating and similar narrow terms) aswell as being half of the euro beach knee based head tennis world champion aswell (never beaten in 4yrs with my mate claus)

Guest firetotheworks

is that world cup singles ? I am the current european beach world cup singles champion (well if they can have world championship wellie throwing and nettle eating and similar narrow terms) aswell as being half of the euro beach knee based head tennis world champion aswell (never beaten in 4yrs with my mate claus)

It was really simple. One keeper and everyone else playing only for themselves. 'nee blasties!' :lol:

Round the clock was mint if everyone was good at kick ups.

why do none of the islands off england (Jersey, Isle of Man etc) have a decent football team?

They all have in-house leagues. Their national teams play in the Island Games.

Guernsey have bridged that gap last season though by entering into the league system using players on the island, they won the league first season at a canter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guernsey_F.C.

Guest firetotheworks

Aww I loved heads and volleys. 3 lives and if it goes wide you lose 2 lives, over and you lose 1, keeper catches it and the player that took the shot goes in net. :aww: