Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

How and why do footballers take so much vicious abuse on twitter and continue to post as though it isn't happening?

I was looking at Osaze Odemwingie's twitter as he was supporting SE during the game and every thing he's tweeted for the last week has received an endless supply of people either taking the piss out him or directly insulting his personal character. Why would continue to deal with this every day?

I'm sure Giggs wasn't because someone's stream was behind? I thought it was because Giggs actually did score in super duper 'Fergie Time' about the 96th minute or something ridiculous?

I always thought it had something to do with Giggs shagging his brothers wife..

Why does this have legendary status?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21317369

Football wasn't live on TV much, it was the World Cup, it was Brazil, Jairzinho was in cracking form, Bobby Moore had captained us to the trophy just four years before so was a legend, it was a perfectly timed tackle. Mostly because of all that.

We lost anyway and Jairzinho scored :(

EDIT: Aye, what Northerngimp said.

Here: are

America: is

I think we both know who wins that.

I always mix that one up myself. Clubs are singular in Spanish too.

:lol: That's fine. Americans need to learn English though. There should be a thread for this...

do you think the players ever have a game of 'garages'*  between themselves in that big barn thing where they train ?

*garages, a game of football where everyone had their own goal and played against everyone else, usually with a 3 touch rule, not working as a team, own goals and headers count double.

do you think the players ever have a game of 'garages'*  between themselves in that big barn thing where they train ?

*garages, a game of football where everyone had their own goal and played against everyone else, usually with a 3 touch rule, not working as a team, own goals and headers count double.

Surely, it's a good training game.