Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Guest malandro

If a player needs to have a s*** at the beginning of the second half, what happens?

He can ask the referee for permission to temporarily leave the field, he can be substituted or he can go in his shorts (which probably leads to temporarily leaving the field for equipment change).

That might explain some of the shit performances I've seen over the years.

If a player needs to have a s*** at the beginning of the second half, what happens?

He can ask the referee for permission to temporarily leave the field, he can be substituted or he can go in his shorts (which probably leads to temporarily leaving the field for equipment change).

That might explain some of the s*** performances I've seen over the years.

i'm sure there is footage of a player having shat himself on the pitch. gary lineker i think.

That might explain some of the s*** performances I've seen over the years.

i'm sure there is footage of a player having shat himself on the pitch. gary lineker i think.

aye he did. During Italia 90. Was on big fat quiz of the 90s recently. Had completely forgot about this story until then

aye he did. During Italia 90. Was on big fat quiz of the 90s recently. Had completely forgot about this story until then

It was against Ireland and we got a free kick when he went down.  :lol:  He was seen on tele flicking the shit from his shorts while he was sitting on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

How do the fixtures for the premiership work? I've just noticed that who ever we play, Sunderland play their rivals. Last three games we have played Sunderland have played their rivals? Has it always been like this or is it just a coincidence?

Coincidence.

This is a good read: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

Lost count of the number of times I've posted that now. :laugh:

Bit about the boxing day fixtures is intradesting, never knew they took into account distance, really limits the amount of teams we can play especially with so many southern teams being in the league this season.

Guest neesy111

How many penalties would you score out of ten against a Premier League keeper? For every goal NUFC steal £1m from the mackems transfer budget and vice versa for every miss.

Is this Noel's house party or something? :lol:

How many penalties would you score out of ten against a Premier League keeper? For every goal NUFC steal £1m from the mackems transfer budget and vice versa for every miss.

Is this Noel's house party or something? :lol:

I just wondered what everyone thinks :lol:

Whenever I watch football and you seem some tall keeper standing in the middle of the sticks I have a lot of sympathy for penalty takers that miss, because the goal looks so much smaller - but then when I play football and I'm looking at the goal from ground level, and I'm running up to take a penalty - it feels fucking impossible to miss the goal is so ridiculously big.

The transfer budget bit was just to add some pressure to the occasion :razz:

I'm game to have a go, here are my penalty credentials  :coolsmiley::

I read a book about the history of the penalty kick, the book states that for best results aim into one of the top corners and hit it 60-70%.

I've only took 3 penalties in proper games but applied this technique and scored 2  :frantic: and missed 1, although I scored the first time and the ref ordered a re-take for encroachment. I blasted the retake over the bar.  :embarrassed:

I reckon I would score 6 or 7, some of these keepers do look pretty big though.

Guest bimpy474

1. Are teams allowed to use rugby throw-in tactics on corners (ie. hoisting a team-mate in the air)?

2. Where would NUFC have finished in the French league last year?

1. No it's classed as ungentlemanly conduct.

2. Trois.