Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Toon Toon is definitely manly shouty so I would say that, one of the best moments of my life on a night out was when my mate (not a Newcastle fan) got a packed pub in Hitchin randomly shouting 'Toon, Toon, Black & White army' :lol:

Don't think anyone but our group knew what the hell it meant but it was pretty awesome.

My 'Black and White Army' tends to come out more like Blaaawaaaarmmmyyy as well :lol:

Trust me, it comes off like that on tv. I had the hardest time understanding almost every English chant for years, everyone is so out of sync. It's been easier recently, probably because there's only about three chants throughout the league.

My 'Black and White Army' tends to come out more like Blaaawaaaarmmmyyy as well :lol:

I've been singing this around my mates for years. They've grown somewhat fond of it, but nobody can ever get round the fact that you always end up going "BAUWADAMY" instead of Black & White Army.

It's turned into a case where most of my friends, not Newcastle fans at all, randomly burst into "BAWUADAAAMMY" wherever we are, whenever in whatever context. Bizarre.

Hoping it picks up and becomes a thing.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I've been singing this around my mates for years. They've grown somewhat fond of it, but nobody can ever get round the fact that you always end up going "BAUWADAMY" instead of Black & White Army.

It's turned into a case where most of my friends, not Newcastle fans at all, randomly burst into "BAWUADAAAMMY" wherever we are, whenever in whatever context. Bizarre.

Hoping it picks up and becomes a thing.

Well it does sound like that, actually, especially to me (I guess cause of the different mother tongue). When a friend of mine (italian as well) came for the first time at SJP and asked me what was that middle part of the chant he refused to believe that it was "black and white army", and I think he still does :lol:

If a player needs to have a s*** at the beginning of the second half, what happens?

His mother runs on to the pitch and shouts "Why didn't you go when I asked if you needed the toilet!?"

?

Thanks for clearing that up. ;)