Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Are NUFC away league games just one giant rowdy p*ss-up? Having never been to one i'm not sure what the atmosphere is generally like. I'm asking for my Dad here really, who's slightly more sedate and is more of a 'sit quietly and watch' kinda fan. I, of course, am always mad fer it.

Bit late to the party but Away games are absolutely class. Enjoy them infinitely more that home games. You should get yourself to one.

I thought it was "Ohhhhhhhhhh... You're s**t, aaaaahhhhh!!!!"

always was when i were a lad.

(Possibly apocryphal) Wasn't Shay meant to have shouted "Ohhhhhhhhhh... We're shit, aaaaahhhhh!!!!" as he took the GKs in the last-straw-that-broke-his-spirit game against Lipool? Wasn't close enough to hear but me mate swears down. For what that's fuckin worth :lol:

Why does Atlético Madrid's Koke prefer to be called like that when his real name is basically George Resurrection?

Anglicized Spanish names are great. The first name of a guy I met in Mexico was Angel of Jesus.

Any professional teams have grey home shirts?

On phone so can't check but I've a vague recollection of a team called Cristal having grey shirts. Fully expect to be rebuffed by one of the South America nerds. :razz:

Galaxy had a grey shirt with a yellow sash one year I think. Again, could be miles away. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

At the match do you prefer to join in with:

Toon Toon

Black & white army

Both

Neither

I tend to go for black & white army, I think it suits my girly high pitched voice more.. although it comes out more like "bbaaiittearmy!"

At the match do you prefer to join in with:

Toon Toon

Black & white army

Both

Neither

I tend to go for black & white army, I think it suits my girly high pitched voice more.. although it comes out more like "bbaaiittearmy!"

B&W army for me, never toon toon, dislike it.