Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

• 2 weeks later...

will mike ashley ever make a commercial decision here that will pass quietly?

erm, i don't remember much comment when he outsourced catering?

:okay:

That was absolutely disgusting.  How dare he outsource catering! (better?)

thanks for trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, pretty daft question which will reveal the fact that I've never been to a PL game.

How does seating work? Do season tickets gain you access to the same seat year round? Or just to a certain section? Seems like fans are often asked to move to different seats depending on how rowdy the home supporters might be. If I buy a single game ticket, will that put me in a certain seat? Or just a specific section?

Same seat for every game with a season ticket and you always get a seat number on your ticket. Away games a bit different as you can (usually) stand where you like in your teams allocated section and nobody really cares.

Ah, this is where my confusion was coming from. System doesn't sound all that different from the other major sports.

Are NUFC away league games just one giant rowdy piss-up? Having never been to one i'm not sure what the atmosphere is generally like. I'm asking for my Dad here really, who's slightly more sedate and is more of a 'sit quietly and watch' kinda fan. I, of course, am always mad fer it.

Are NUFC away league games just one giant rowdy piss-up? Having never been to one i'm not sure what the atmosphere is generally like. I'm asking for my Dad here really, who's slightly more sedate and is more of a 'sit quietly and watch' kinda fan. I, of course, am always mad fer it.

Definitely no sitting.

Aside from that it depends who you're around, yes there is a lot more drunkeness and OTT stuff but most are just there to support the lads and act normally but with more singing. All in my experience though.

Just from what I've heard, you should get tickets when Toon plays at Craven. Sounds like they sit around drinking tea and nibbling biscuits.

Just from what I've heard, you should get tickets when Toon plays at Craven. Sounds like they sit around drinking tea and nibbling biscuits.

I ususally just get "neutral zone" tickets at Craven Cottage - mainly Geordies with a few bewildered Chineses tourists - and not much chance of sitting

For our games it just works as an overspill for the away fans.  I've often wondered why they do it.  is it some sort of way of selling tickets to the away fans without going through the away club.  I would have thought genuine neutral would be happy sitting with the home fans. 

For our games it just works as an overspill for the away fans.  I've often wondered why they do it.  is it some sort of way of selling tickets to the away fans without going through the away club.  I would have thought genuine neutral would be happy sitting with the home fans. 

Probably, when I lived down south they advertise it a bit to tourists n all.