Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

I knew someone would do that :lol: Casillas was the one that instantly popped into my head when the question was raised.

Nah, I reckon he probably popularised it along with Barthez and global warning.

When did it become acceptable for goalkeepers to wear short sleeve shirts ?

Thought it wasn't cos the ref can't tell whose hand is up in a crowd. Who's got away with it?

I was always told that and believed it. Never crossed my mind that keepers rolled their sleeves up all the time.

Thought it wasn't cos the ref can't tell whose hand is up in a crowd. Who's got away with it?

I was always told that and believed it. Never crossed my mind that keepers rolled their sleeves up all the time.

Maybe I'm immensely gullible then :lol: My memory's got it linked to Lionel Perez for some reason and an actual ref saying it. Ah, now I see where I went wrong.

:okay:

That was what I always thought too. I have just seen it more and more and yesterday, I saw a goalkeeper in League 1 with short sleeves and it led me to ask the question.

Does that mean that there was never a law after all ?

Wouldn't the big white glove be a tell tale sign?

not in the days when keepers rarely wore gloves. imagine that eh kids ?

Guest bimpy474

I started out as our schools GK, no gloves and fuck me the ball stung like you couldn't imagine. Even when we did get gloves, they were the ones with patches that were like tyre treads. When they got wet it was like wearing rubber knickers on your hands.

Barthez, knew there was a more obvious one!

Didn't Barthez go through a phase of cutting the lower sleeves off with scissors at half time? Or am i on acid again.

I'm sure he did. Because i can remember a commentator, way back when, saying how it was against the laws of the game for a keeper to have short sleeves.

I started out as our schools GK, no gloves and f*** me the ball stung like you couldn't imagine. Even when we did get gloves, they were the ones with patches that were like tyre treads. When they got wet it was like wearing rubber knickers on your hands.

aye, i think it was sepp maier who made the wearing of gloves at all times fashionable for keepers.

You'll be telling us they didn't wear illuminous green boots next.

Guest neesy111

how are man city up to 2nd pot in the CL draw? they were 4 last year and went out in the group stage

It's based on there record in recent seasons so their coefficient must be quite good.