Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

adriano was outrageous for parma like, a fucking toure de force (sp)

soon as he hit inter full time (50/50 contract prior) he went to ratshit...who knows why?

He'd made his money plus he is knocks about with highly shady characters which probably doesn't help his cause.

http://hoops.sports.ws/media/team/386ca63efb13ebc98a5a33a30cf0b6db.jpg

Playing as captain in the final of Copa Libertadores for Boca Juniors is falling off the planet/doing nowt these days? Well I never.

soz captain travels, but in professional football terms it pretty much is aye

don't cut it in europe no-one wants to know, not saying it's right just saying it is

Playing as captain in the final of Copa Libertadores for Boca Juniors is falling off the planet/doing nowt these days? Well I never.

don't cut it in europe no-one wants to know, not saying it's right just saying it is

He did cut it in Europe though. He was absolutely class for Vilarreal or do they not count?

He did cut it in Europe though. He was absolutely class for Vilarreal or do they not count?

question was how did they fall from the very top, my argument is riquelme never got there

question was how did they fall from the very top, my argument is riquelme never got there

It's obviously totally subjective but I totally disagree. You don't have a team more or less built round playing for Argentina if you're not at the very top.

Veron has just retired btw. Wouldn't see he "fell from the top", more that he made a couple of poor moves and went home to fulfil a dream.

You don't have a team more or less built round playing for

that works for say xavi for say the last 4- 6 years but more or less noone else in world football imo...you could "build a team" around me, if they consistently fail it means fuck all imo dude

Guest firetotheworks

Riquelme was arguably the best player at World Cup 2006. I think you can say that that's the top.

Guest firetotheworks

That proves nothing really. Nicky Butt, despite being terrible in the latter part of his career got to the top playing for Man United, like it or not.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Class.

Veron was brilliant for Parma and Lazio.

right, but were either "the very top" at the time? again i'd argue not

He won Serie A for Lazio when it was technically the best league in Europe (on coefficients). He wasn't just a player there either, he was the key player in that side.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Class.

:pokerface:

same question, did veron fall from the very top?  i'd argue not myself?  i'd argue (like riquelme & adriano) he moved to certain clubs for massive fees and didn't entirely justify them...while at the same time being full of ability

Veron was fucking fantastic at Lazio.