Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

I'd imagine they'd replay it during the middle of the week or whenever they could. Only similar case would have been the Liverpool Arsenal title decider in 89 when they played it after the FA cup final

they were playing each other though.

aye but the game was scheduled to take place in April but along came Hillsborough and the only time they could place it was then

Guest Realist

Does anyone find managerial win % records interesting? For instance, according to Wiki, Sir Bobby's fantastic time in charge of us being a 46.66% and Souness' hell with 44.82%. Gullit's ill-fated spell in charge at 34.61% compared to Partyin' with Pardy a mere 8% higher win %. Obviously there's more to it than just % but it's just interesting that such a small % can cause such a stark contrast in managerial careers and how their time in charge is percieved.

Just me? Okay. :okay:

Managerial win % has been kind of useless in my opinion.  I feel they should publish % of possible points won since it tells a better story. Extreme example but a team could draw all 38 games and (likely) stay up, all with a win % of 0%.  Or win 10, lose the rest and go down with a win % of 26%.  I know which manager (assuming I had no other choice) I'd rather have had. 

Yeahh. That's why I find it so interesting. How opinions of managers can fluctuate so much despite such similar/deceptive win %'s. Hence it being in the daft questions, as it shouldnt' be as interesting as I find it. :lol:

When did players start wearing ankle tape or who was the first?

Also has anyone noticed a few players wearing white socks with black dots on them over their football socks recently, any idea what are those about?

Why don't we just merge with Sunderland into a "megaclub" for the North East region?  :yikes:

Think about it, one huge 100 thousand seater stadium with the new club playing in Black and Red Stripes  :yikes:

North East Land United FC  :cheesy:

My question is; Why couldn't this happen?

Makes perfect sense :whistle:

:bluestar:

Why don't we just merge with Sunderland into a "megaclub" for the North East region?  :yikes:

Think about it, one huge 100 thousand seater stadium with the new club playing in Black and Red Stripes  :yikes:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3i9l9ww2u1ql8dh3.jpg

might not be too bad an idea with a few modifications. naturally we'd only want the best players so thats our team plus sessegnon and then keeping everything even and 50-50, keep the Newcastle united from our name and the football club from theirs. keep the black stripes from our kit and the white stripes from theirs and best all round to have the ground near the better transport links, whichever city has them.

His wiki says born in Glasgow but his origins are Newcastle.

Lived in Blyth and went to a school in Gosforth.

Nowt about footy. Probably doesn't care as he's got drugs, sex, and rock'n'roll to occupy himself with :shifty:

and don't fall for the old guff about dire straits being a geordie band as they were formed in london with 2 from newcastle and 2 from leicester.

might not be too bad an idea with a few modifications. naturally we'd only want the best players so thats our team plus sessegnon and then keeping everything even and 50-50, keep the Newcastle united from our name and the football club from theirs. keep the black stripes from our kit and the white stripes from theirs and best all round to have the ground near the better transport links, whichever city has them.

:saylor: It's on then (really didn't think it'd be that easy, but you make a good case  :bluestar:

When I was a kid, my grandad told me on April Fools Day that it was in the paper that Newcastle and sunderland were merging, I cried all morning until he put me out my misery. :lol:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20518910.jpg

When did players start wearing ankle tape or who was the first?

Also has anyone noticed a few players wearing white socks with black dots on them over their football socks recently, any idea what are those about?

Couldn't give you an exact date on the first one, but probably started around the time when velcro stopped being used on shinguards, sometime after 2000 I think, that's when I got my first good pair of shinguards.

So we annex Sunderland. Its brilliant

mourinho has now won titles in portugal, england, italy & spain - has any other manager equalled or bettered this?

Trapattoni has won titles in four different countries (Italy, Germany, Portugal and Austria) and according to his wiki, 3 others have achieved the same feat as well - Ernst Happel, Bela Guttmann, and Tomislav Ivic.

Was there a thread devoted to those tehTrunk videos?  If so can somebody link me as I can't find it?

Turns out my mate works with him so wanted to direct his attention to the thread.  My mate didn't know anyone was into the videos.

• 2 weeks later...

"There is a genuine spirit here that was sadly absent in 2009 - witness the post-match exchange between Nolan and Williamson.

Despite the most incredible of comebacks, the centre half looked inconsolable and his captain failed to rouse him. Never mind grinning, glad-handing opposition players, swapping shirts or arranging nights out, the sort of reaction Williamson showed was sadly lacking two seasons ago. I just never believed Owen was bothered."

What actually happened with this? Was Williamson upset with how he played or just emotional at the comeback?