Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

To qualify for Europe would be brilliant, even with the squad as it is. Obviously we would have to increase the size of the squad; being in European competition would aid that. You would hope that the immediate vision would be to build and improve the squad anyway.

That said, if we did qualify for Europe and went into the competition with as thin a squad as we have now, it'd be pretty darned pointless and would only be a detriment to our domestic campaign.

Either way, i really hope we finish in the top 6 and get into the Europa. I enjoyed the three back-to-back UEFA Cup campaigns and i was bitter as hell when Boro (ffs) and Fulham went onto pip us in later years. I wish it was still a straight knock-out, though.

Is it just me or has the Suarez and Terry race row investigations went very quiet?... Any word on an outcome?... Seem as those both have been swept under the carpet...

Still ongoing as far as I'm aware. Took about 2-3 months for a verdict when Emre got charged by the FA 4 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Very rarely see free kicks given for back passes these days. An incident on motd last night got me thinking about this. In the Norwich game a defender made a last ditch save on the line, and kicked it straight into the keepers arms. Wondering whether that was deemed accidental, therefore legal, or if the rule just isn't being enforced as much

Daft Q/Long shot: Anybody know any Leeds season ticket holders/members who might be willing to do a complete random stranger off an internet forum a favour? :lol: Looking to get a couple of tickets for my bro who's a Leeds fan for Bristol, in the away section. Heard it's pretty hard to get Leeds away tickets .

something that came to mind earlier and has been bugging me ever since.

Its fair to say that our scouting of players has come on leaps and bounds over the last few years and the clubs been able to get some real bargains like Tiote whom are now being linked with big money moves away which got me thinking, if our scouts can spot these guys who are cheap and can do a real good job in the premier league why in gods name can't the bigger clubs? Do they not bother scouting or are their scouts just incompetent

But when he's not shooting at Neesy for shits and giggles on holiday, is he still our "football adviser" and has this been covered elsewhere with statements from the club or to the local press?

Guest neesy111

Went shooting with him on his travels.

When you say shooting do you mean troubleshooting poor internet connections in South Vietnam?

:lol:

You know those Opta stats, etc.  Well...

When a player kicks the ball out of play because someone's down injured does that count as a misplaced pass, a completed pass, or is it not counted at all?

Similarly, what happens when the ball's back in play and they give the ball back to the opposition?

You know those Opta stats, etc.  Well...

When a player kicks the ball out of play because someone's down injured does that count as a misplaced pass, a completed pass, or is it not counted at all?

Similarly, what happens when the ball's back in play and they give the ball back to the opposition?

better still, is it classed as an assist when someone shoots, screws it horribly, going towards the corner flag type wide, but in to the path of a team mate who puts it in ?