Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

• 2 months later...

Is it true he is/was one of the highest earners at the club, only surpassed by Shelvey prior to this transfer window? I have heard as much anyway, and had wondered if it would hinder a loan move for him. Wish him well.

Not sure where that's come from. He was a less than 1-in-3 striker for Mainz, won't have commanded anymore than a par wage in our squad I'd imagine.

Guest neesy111

Muto didn't look that bad, but he didn't look that good either, i think he deserved to play a bit more last season especially with how much Joelinton got to play

This.

I've liked what I've seen of Muto tbh.

Would've liked to have seen him under a different coach, in a different system.

This one goes in the 'bit of a shame' box for me alongside people like Mbemba, Lejuene, Merino etc.

Merino and lejeune completely different though, they played and performed for us

• 2 weeks later...

Muto didn't look that bad, but he didn't look that good either, i think he deserved to play a bit more last season especially with how much Joelinton got to play

There’s probably nothing between them. Both £10-15m players probably when we signed them who were worth a punt and could have gone either way. Unfortunately Joelinton cost 3x as much. :lol:

Got the feeling Muto might have been more of a fox in the box type of striker given the right type of set up and some decent build up play. You are right, there was absolutely no need to flog Joelinton all season other than Bruce needed a big man to welly the ball to in his preferred style of play. That was pointless as well considering Joelinton isn't particularly good in the air.

Can't go into a single thread without big Joe getting shat on. What an obsession this is :lol:

Big Joe, the best thing that ever happened to Bruce last season. A convenient whipping boy for his ineptitude.

No where to hide for Bruce this season though. We shall see.

• 7 months later...