Newcastle United 3-2 Everton - Sat 09/03/19 - 15:00 (No UK TV)

Infinitely Content

Guest godzilla

Was it not the perfect example of the double jeopardy rule ? And I'm astounded at our winner, must be at least a couple of years since that sort of decision went for us.

Looking at last week then today I wonderif teams have sussed out our 3/5 at the back but we adapted well. Next line up could be on interesting 

Am I not right in thinking that you only qualify for that if you've genuinely gone for the ball?

(apologies if this has already been discussed today; not checked the thread...)

Is It? I thought they wouldn't get the double penalty unlessit was violent conduct. Probably wrong like.

No it applys if you make a genuine attempt at the ball and that certainly was anything but.

Best thing is, before the match me Yorkie[/member] and HaydnNUFC[/member] we’re discussing games in which we have came back from, the Arsenal game, and the Norwich game getting big mentions. At 2-1 I was wondering if we had tempted fate and today would be another great comeback story.

We did, and it was.

Best thing is, before the match me Yorkie[/member] and HaydnNUFC[/member] we’re discussing games in which we came back from, the Arsenal game, and the Norwich game getting big mentions. At 2-1 I was wondering if we had tempted fate and today would be another great comeback story.

We did, and it was.

:aww:

Some cretin on Twitter saying Perez should be booked for this.

As far as I’m concerned if it’s warranted it’s fair game otherwise you might as well book everyone who ever appeals a throw-in, corner, penalty decision etc.

If we are to play the ‘He should have been sent off, he should have been booked, that was a penalty, that goal was offside’ game then Everton would be down to 9 men, we would have got 2 additional yellow cards, and we would have still won.

Pickford is starting to remind me of Hart before he declined as a goalkeeper. He is living off past success and is more interested in shite banter and getting under the skin of rival fans. There is still time for him to mature, but he needs to grow up and let his football do the talking. If I was Silva I would drop him for a few matches just to teach him a lesson. They always say when you play away from home always keep the home fans quiet quickly and that's what Everton did in the first half, however Pickford seemed to give the home fans a reason to get behind the team again with his antics. He is lucky England don't have much young goalkeeper talent coming through as judging by his form this season he would have to worry about being first choice goalkeeper for England.

The Pickford thread on Grand Old Team is delicious reading.  They hate him.

Unfortunately I doubt a spell on the sidelines will change anything. I think he'll go through his entire career being the way he is. He can't change his personality. It sounds awful but I don't think he's clever enough. He acts purely on instinct, whenever he has to engage his brain it ends badly.

Got to see Everton being ruthless now. We’ve got rid of managers who performed 10x better in their duties than this clown

...but, but, but - he's only 24.

24 or 34, the man-child will always be there. It's in his DNA to be daft as a 'kin brush.

Immature little bell, who cares more about social media than honing skills and ironing out mistakes. Get rid.

Drop him until end of the season. Give the Portuguese lad a go. Go after Heaton or Pope or a bigger name from abroad in the summer. Wolves got European Champion Patricio for less then 20m, whereas we got this chump for 30m.

Beggars belief. He's obviously as thick as they can and deluded in his own ability. I bet when he was goading the crowd he was convinced he'd be coming away with a clean sheet. Absolutely no need for it.

Robles was a 100% better GK than this clown

His very presence in goal for Everton devalues the whole club.

I'm not being funny, but is he on something? The thought has crossed my mind loads of times.

I gave him credit for having a good game last week. But the first thing that came into my mind was that he's probably going to have a shocker now after two straight clean sheets. And so it proved. That's not what you expect from a top keeper. That's what you expect from a bang average keeper.

His fundamentals are not there. The flashy saves for the cameras will never make up for lacking the basic awareness, decision making and handling skills required in top flight football.

N5DaNRQWepdp9t2K31I65gd43LM=.gif

Guest covmag

He’s actually offering someone out  :lol:

Comedy gold this , a day I will never let this cunt forget.

SMB

Pickford should have been sent off if there was VAR.  similarly, our last goal would be invalid if it’s reviewed by VAR.  so fair results to me.

Pickford was really shit though. This was close to Darlow at his worst. No only the penalty incident, our first two goals should have been saved by any normal EPL standard GK.

Thanks. Long may it continue.

Still buzzing after that win.

Think I've laughed my cock off already at England's Number 1 and I'll still be laughing at him, Marco Silva, Everton, Sunderland and the England team well into next week. Picturing him pleading with Mason not to send him off, claiming he was going for the ball makes it even funnier.

Absolutely loving the fact that Rondon was offside for the winning goal. After the scouse mackems' histrionics early on and the way they went 2-0 up after Shitford should have been red carded and laughed out of SJP, I couldn't give a shit about the football. Just delighted we won with a goal that shouldn't have stood.

How the hell that useless sack of shit is England's number 1 is beyond me.