Weaknesses are being highlighted

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

I was very interested to hear Big Sam speak the other week about how he highlighted a certain weakness in Man Citys defence and exposed it. On that day i think he put Anelka up against Thatcher and encouraged him at every opportunity to run at him.

I believe teams have got to the stage with us where they know they are going to get a lot of joy out of our back line. All Everton did today was launch it or get it wide straight away, particularly on our left hand side. Against an accomplished back line this would onlty lead to giving away possession, however against us it is an avenue for success. We need a big presence in our centre of defence (Distin) who will not only win everything in the air but in most cases be proactive in his distribution. We also need a top left back. We are a top centre half and a top left back away from having a top defence. I know you may think i am bringing up old ground but i think today and Bolton have highlighted the pressing need to get it right.

We also need a big target man for away games to help relieve some of the pressure at times