Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/02/21 - post match pg16 and on

Disco

Each passing day I'm becoming more of a football neutral. The last bit of love I had for Newcastle is slowly evading.

:lol: Aye I didn't hate watching the game last night. I knew we'd lose and hold the view that there were no meaningful consequences from the defeat either, so I quite enjoyed seeing how Chelsea operated, and was really impressed with Tuchel's post-match interview.

I didn't see the game (thankfully), did he really play Gayle wide?

It was the same role Wilson has played but Gayle did it much worse. He didn’t really make the runs Wilson was or track back so he was just fucking useless at it. It could have been Chelsea’s system and wingbacks making him look so poor mind.

I feel like I still mentally view Gayle as the Championship version of him and am surprised at how rubbish he is every time he comes on as sub or starts.

I didn't see the game (thankfully), did he really play Gayle wide?

It was the same role Wilson has played but Gayle did it much worse. He didn’t really make the runs Wilson was or track back so he was just fucking useless at it. It could have been Chelsea’s system and wingbacks making him look so poor mind.

I feel like I still mentally view Gayle as the Championship version of him and am surprised at how rubbish he is every time he comes on as sub or starts.

That's very kind tbh. If Gayle was twice the player he is, he still wouldn't be on Wilson's level.

I still quite liked the look of Willock last night, tbh, in the rare instances he was on the ball. Seems to have good footballing basics, athleticism, and the will/lungs to get forward into decent positions.

Yeah, he was actually the one who came closest to scoring. On two occasions.

It was a tough watch to get through the 90 minutes, but couple observations. It became apparent in the first half that Chelsea would have success attacking our right hand side and realistically we didn't do anything to counter that. The team shape often got disjointed, but most likely due to Chelsea passing through us - however it started from our own high press on occasions. It looked like Willock and Almiron were often the front two, but this left our right side exposed once they bypassed our attack on the counter. Gayle on the right side didn't work and neither did the long ball forward as Rudiger was often there first.

Chelsea were just too good for us - however concern is this new style is just going to be the only way we play as opposed to thinking about the opposition. The concern would be that we're just not good enough and any injury heightens that such as losing Wilson and to an extent Manquillo who has had a decent season so far.

from the first minute of the game all it was "decimated with injuries" and "patched together team" from the commentators.

ffs other than gayle, every player on the pitch has been picked as first choice by The Mess at some time during the season.

and which other team hasnt been affected?

i even heard them defending joelinton saying he hadnt had many chances.

what power has this cunt got over the media?

from the first minute of the game all it was "decimated with injuries" and "patched together team" from the commentators.

ffs other than gayle, every player on the pitch has been picked as first choice by The Mess at some time during the season.

what power has this cunt got over the media?

I don't even think it's born out of their love for Steve Bruce, but more their contempt for Rafa Benitez and the deluded Geordies.

Nah, he sucks up to everyone all the time, other managers included, and always plays up the hard done by woe is me angle, so they all feel like they have to protect him or something.

Whole thing is just weird.

If we were going to keep the same system then you play Joelinton or Fraser where Wilson was. If not, you change the system to get the best out the players available so that probably means Gayle as CF and ASM, Fraser as wingers. Almiron as a 10. Willock and Hayden in midfield. Fucking simple eh?

what power has this c*** got over the media?

na probly because he was long time servant of man u he cant do any wrong