Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/02/21 - post match pg16 and on

Disco

Carra rinsing Neville and the parasite. :lol:

What was said? Switched off at FT.

Was nowt to do with the game. Watching an old Fowler brace and Neville says Bruce was at fault for that one. Carra responds by saying it must be the first time he’s said that.

As we could all have anticipated, we need Wilson back asap. Gayle couldn't get hold of the ball, Carroll and Joelinton lack mobility.

Having said that, I was quite impressed by the new Chelsea. They looked strong in all areas.

Not really getting our formation. We have no good strikers available, so we are playing two up front while playing them both as wide-forwards? Why not just play 4-2-3-1 and keep Miggy in the AM role? Makes sense to me. If he gets injured I wouldn’t even mind Joelinton coming in there too much...

Jorginho and Kovacic dominated the centre of the pitch last night. They’re absolutely light years ahead of what we have in both quality and tactical awareness. I personally think Jorginho is one of the most underrated players in the league. Chelsea look way better whenever he’s playing.

Jorginho and Kovacic dominated the centre of the pitch last night. They’re absolutely light years ahead of what we have in both quality and tactical awareness. I personally think Jorginho is one of the most underrated players in the league. Chelsea look way better whenever he’s playing.

Good teams often need a player like Jorginho. Someone who is far from sexy in terms of football they play but they are incredibly tactically aware. Henderson and Rodri another two examples.

Good teams often need a player like Jorginho. Someone who is far from sexy in terms of football they play but they are incredibly tactically aware. Henderson and Rodri another two examples.

Yea, totally agree. I noticed similar in Reed for Fulham the other day too. We’re crying out for someone like that to replace Shelvey.

I thought Kovacic was MOTM by a mile.  Was messaging a Chelsea supporting mate and he was waxing lyrical about how good he is basically every time he plays. 

It's not hard to look good, athletic, strong and mobile against our midfield.  But he really was impressive in everything he did.  If you're being overly critical.  Maybe when he drives into the final third he lacks a bit of conviction at times with his final pass or not shooting.  But I thought he was a joy to watch. 

Quite enjoy watching football at times.  But it rarely involves our players :lol: